airdvr

An agreement...to what?

As I understand it we have an agreement but we don't know what we agreed to. Wonder how much pork is attached to this one.

this much is known

taxes are going to rise

Substantially [:/]

I dont think this is going to pass

On another note

Remember less than two weeks ago a credit rating downgrade needed to be avoided at all costs AND would be a bad thing

Today, well, the downgrade is going to happen regardless AND it might be a good thing

funny shit huh:S
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

As I understand it we have an agreement but we don't know what we agreed to. Wonder how much pork is attached to this one.

The Donkeys and the Elephants agreed to screw future generations (even more than they have already been screwed) with more debt. That is what was agreed.

The Donkeys and the Elephants should go on a national tour together where they visit every school and tell every child of the nation "We don't care about you, we could give a rats ass about the debt we have left you". It is just mind boggling how corrupt both the Donkeys and the Elephants are.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

The Donkeys and the Elephants agreed to screw future generations (even more than they have already been screwed) with more debt. That is what was agreed.

The Donkeys and the Elephants should go on a national tour together where they visit every school and tell every child of the nation "We don't care about you, we could give a rats ass about the debt we have left you". It is just mind boggling how corrupt both the Donkeys and the Elephants are.

+1
Abraham Lincoln

I have come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter what party. It is really a ponzi scheme where the future of our children, and to a large extent the current working generation, was mortgaged.

The baby boomers should apologize to all their grandchildren.

All the seniors who would riot if we touched their sacred cow social security and medicare, are the same ones who elected the past few decades of officials who stole from social security and never planned on funding medicare.

Fuck you sonny, I spent it, now you pay for it.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

I have come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter what party. It is really a ponzi scheme where the future of our children, and to a large extent the current working generation, was mortgaged.

The baby boomers should apologize to all their grandchildren.

All the seniors who would riot if we touched their sacred cow social security and medicare, are the same ones who elected the past few decades of officials who stole from social security and never planned on funding medicare.

Fuck you sonny, I spent it, now you pay for it.

+1
Abraham Lincoln

Yea , old people are funny that way when they are faced with homelessness and no medical care.

And it's all their fault, fucking priceless.

Say what you will, medicare and social security would be in good shape if the right decisions were made over the years. It is their elected officials that put us here, but don't worry they won't have to face the consequences.

It isn't medicare and social security that is the problem. The problem is the way that the programs have been managed, for years.

Social security should be self funded by all of the payroll deductions made after the years. Why isn't it, because they used that money, they spent it.

Medicare would have costs under control if efforts were made in the past.

Pass the lube to your grandson grandma, he is going to need it.
=P

Yea , old people are funny that way when they are faced with homelessness and no medical care.

And it's all their fault, fucking priceless.

Yes it is their fault by not saving their own money for retirement. social security was put in place as something to aid in retirement not to be the entire retirement. Then when all those people paid into social security and the account had billions in savings collecting interest, the stupid congress decided that they could by votes with the money by spending the money in their states and making people "feel good" about voting for them. now when it comes time to collect they find out it was spent on things they really didn't need. they voted the people into office, money was spent, and they didn't save anything on their own, so yes it is grandpa and grandma's fault. Too bad their grandchildren will need to work extrta hard to live a poor life.

I agree with most everything your saying, I'm just saying see how well well it works out cutting SS and MC for the elderly, it will never happen.

To blame seniors for the actions of yesterdays politicians is pointless. We never get the person we voted for. they all turn into turds as soon as they take office. With the recent SC decision to let corporations contribute to campaigns, we pretty much are doomed.

With the recent SC decision to let corporations contribute to campaigns, we pretty much are doomed.

Big labor gave almost 500 million to politicians between 89-09 (roughly 90% Dem, 10% Rep). The next closest was the investments sector at 200 million (roughly 50/50 split).
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Say what you will, medicare and social security would be in good shape if the right decisions were made over the years. It is their elected officials that put us here, but don't worry they won't have to face the consequences.

I find it mildly amusing that you refer to government deficit spending as a Ponzi scheme and then say social security would be fine, if only better decisions had been made.

It seems to be en vogue to call random things "Ponzi schemes" because people just understand that to be "something bad," whereas in reality it's a very specific way of tricking people into thinking your investment vehicle is sound by paying early investors directly with the dollars of later investors. Sound familiar?

With the recent SC decision to let corporations contribute to campaigns, we pretty much are doomed.

Big labor gave almost 500 million to politicians between 89-09 (roughly 90% Dem, 10% Rep). The next closest was the investments sector at 200 million (roughly 50/50 split).

I never said the money would only be going to Republicans.

I find it mildly amusing that you refer to government deficit spending as a Ponzi scheme and then say social security would be fine, if only better decisions had been made.

Maybe not the best comparison but the fact remains, not only did they spend the returns social security contributions were making they also turned around and spent all the fucking capital!

Same as unfunded pension liabilities.

If you are reasonable with your promised benefits, you make your contributions into the pension, and you leave the returns and pricinciple alone you don't end up in a huge mess.

We over promised and then we spent the principle on a huge multi decade bender!
=P

We never get the person we voted for. they all turn into turds as soon as they take office. With the recent SC decision to let corporations contribute to campaigns, we pretty much are doomed.

Vote Ron Paul, he has been telling all of us that all of this would happen for over 3 decades!

Most of you have listened to him, many laughed at him calling him fringe nutjob but how correct is he sounding now;

The truth, according to Rep. Ron Paul (R, Texas), is that there are actually no cuts at all in the new plan. “The ‘cuts’ being discussed are illusory, and are not cuts from current amounts being spent, but cuts in projected spending increases,” wrote Ron Paul. With only 2% of cuts taking place before the next presidential election, according to Zerohedge, the truth is that Washington is about to pass “a bigger budget than ever” despite heavy rhetoric, said Ron Paul, who put it like this:

[The debt ceiling deal] is akin to a family “saving” $100,000 in expenses by deciding not to buy a Lamborghini, and instead getting a fully loaded Mercedes, when really their budget dictates that they need to stick with their perfectly serviceable Honda.

http://blogs.forbes.com/afontevecchia/2011/08/01/paul-krugman-and-ron-paul-agree-debt-ceiling-deal-sucks/

If any of you guys complaining here do not vote for Ron Paul, then you have no excuse to complain when this all does collapse.

You have all had 2 chances 1st time you were all too engulfed in the Bushism bullshit propoganda and the 'O' for hope guy swept us all off our feet with lies the last time.

Only to end up worse than Bush.

When are we going to realise?

Only one man has stayed true to his word all through.

ron paul ad - conviction
Back a hundred years ago, especially around Woodrow Wilson, what happened in this country is we took freedom and we chopped it into pieces.
Ron Paul

[The debt ceiling deal] is akin to a family “saving” $100,000 in expenses by deciding not to buy a Lamborghini, and instead getting a fully loaded Mercedes, when really their budget dictates that they need to stick with their perfectly serviceable Honda.

Why does Ron Paul hate Hondas?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.