rushmc

Obamas Talking down to us

***Pundits across the political spectrum agree: President Barack Obama has committed a series of strategic blunders during debt-ceiling negotiations that have hurt his credibility on the issue, they say, leaving him out in the cold as Congress cuts a deal.

On Monday, Obama took to the airwaves during prime time once again to try to position himself as the voice of moderation on the issue.

“Either way, I have told leaders of both parties that they must come up with a fair compromise in the next few days that can pass both houses of Congress — a compromise I can sign,” Obama said.

But despite the centrist focus that the president is counting on to help him win back disaffected independent voters, he appears to be taking a serious drubbing in the polls. The Gallup weekly average shows his approval rating slipping to 43 percent, tying the lowest weekly number of his presidency.

Even worse numbers arrived for the administration Tuesday, courtesy of a new ABC News/Washington Post poll that suggests even the president’s base is jumping ship. The percentage of Americans angry about the economy has jumped from 44 percent to 60 percent.

Among liberal Democrats, support for Obama’s job-creation efforts has crashed from 53 percent to 31 percent. Almost 60 percent of voters now disapprove of Obama’s overall management of the economy, according to that poll.
“More than a third of Americans now believe that President Obama’s policies are hurting the economy, and confidence in his ability to create jobs is sharply eroding among his base,” reports the Post.

From Newmax
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

RushMC: "My way or the highway . . That is what I heard"

Newsmax: "“Either way, I have told leaders of both parties that they must come up with a fair compromise in the next few days that can pass both houses of Congress — a compromise I can sign."

Hmm. So who to believe? Right wing news organization, or far right wing DZ.com poster?

RushMC: "My way or the highway . . That is what I heard"

Newsmax: "“Either way, I have told leaders of both parties that they must come up with a fair compromise in the next few days that can pass both houses of Congress — a compromise I can sign."

Hmm. So who to believe? Right wing news organization, or far right wing DZ.com poster?

And what is HIS compromise?

Come on Bill

You can do better
Abraham Lincoln

Really? He is willing to cut entitlements. That goes way against his base of supporters.
Pay attention.

Can you provide the link where he details this? You know, where he has it written down?

I can wait

Oh, what he has asked for is the raising of the debt ceiling today, with some kind of cuts in the future.

Do really believe any politition that make promises about doing something painful in the future?
Abraham Lincoln

Can you provide the link where he details this? You know, where he has it written down?

If it's too much for you to Google " Obama entitlement cuts" and then choose from all the sources, I give up. it's a bit like telling you the earth is round, and then you demand a link from me to prove it.

You are not helping your cause.

When?

They talk about in the next decade and the like

He talks a good game (not just him or his party either) but in the end it is just smoke and mirrors. How much, when? what mechanizm will ensure it happens?

I remember what the Dems did to Reagan

Not gonna sit by and let that happen again
Abraham Lincoln

Obama is to blame for much of this

I disagree. This crisis has been the political strategy for many on the right for decades. Now they have what they wanted.

So, what was the excuse in 06, when EVERY DEMOCRAT SENATOR (including Reid and Obama) voted against raising the debt ceiling?

Why couldn't they have raised the debt ceiling in the 2 years they had complete control of government?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

And now we find out, around us. Lies to get his way

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2011/07/25/obama-to-banks-were-not-defaulting/

While officials from the Obama Administration raised their rhetoric over the weekend about the possibility of a debt default if the debt ceiling isn't raised, they privately have been telling top executives at major U.S. banks that such an event won’t happen, FOX Business has learned.

In a series of phone calls, administration officials have told bankers that the administration will not allow a default to happen even if the debt cap isn't raised by the August 2 date Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner says the government will run out of money to pay all its bills, including obligations to bond holders. Geithner made the rounds on the Sunday talk shows saying a default is imminent if the debt ceiling isn't raised, and President Obama issued a similar warning during a Friday press conference after budget negotiations with House Republicans broke down

Abraham Lincoln

Why couldn't they have raised the debt ceiling in the 2 years they had complete control of government?

They did.

# February 2010 - $14.294 trillion
# December 2009 - $12.394 trillion
# February 2009 - $12.104 trillion
# October 2008 - $11.315 trillion
# July 2008 - $10.615 trillion
# September 2007 - $9.815 trillion
# March 2006 - $8.965 trillion
# November 2004 - $8.184
# May 2003 - $7.384 trillion
# June 2002 - $6.4 trillion
# August 1997 - $5.95 trillion
# March 1996 - $5.5 trillion
# August 1993 - $4.9 trillion
# April 1993 - $4.37 trillion
# November 1990 - $4.145 trillion
# October 1990 - $3.23 trillion
# November 1989 - $3.1227 trillion
# August 1989 - $2.87 trillion
# September 1987 - $2.8 trillion
# August 1987 - $2.352 trillion
# July 1987 - $2.32 trillion
# October 1986 - $2.3 trillion
# August 1986 - $2.111 trillion

But what, no comment on the realization that the Republicans have gotten the fiscal calamity that they've been deliberately cultivating?

They did.

# February 2010 - $14.294 trillion
# December 2009 - $12.394 trillion
# February 2009 - $12.104 trillion
# October 2008 - $11.315 trillion
# July 2008 - $10.615 trillion
# September 2007 - $9.815 trillion
# March 2006 - $8.965 trillion
# November 2004 - $8.184
# May 2003 - $7.384 trillion
# June 2002 - $6.4 trillion
# August 1997 - $5.95 trillion
# March 1996 - $5.5 trillion
# August 1993 - $4.9 trillion
# April 1993 - $4.37 trillion
# November 1990 - $4.145 trillion
# October 1990 - $3.23 trillion
# November 1989 - $3.1227 trillion
# August 1989 - $2.87 trillion
# September 1987 - $2.8 trillion
# August 1987 - $2.352 trillion
# July 1987 - $2.32 trillion
# October 1986 - $2.3 trillion
# August 1986 - $2.111 trillion

But what, no comment on the realization that the Republicans have gotten the fiscal calamity that they've been deliberately cultivating?

On another note
Why does it exist in the first place?

It has never stopped any spending that I know of

Why not just get rid of it? (the debt ceiling)
Abraham Lincoln

On another note
Why does it exist in the first place?

It has never stopped any spending that I know of

Why not just get rid of it? (the debt ceiling)

I don't have an answer for that. I think we're the only country with an established credit limit. Might be wrong though. Maybe it has an impact on our rating but I'm just guessing.

We were talking about public support for a compromise,
you were then going to show me a poll that shows a majority of Americans do not support a compromise.

You were also saying Obama would not cut any entitlements, again, you could not provide proof.

Now what you are trying to show me?

and just as easily one could argue the converse that spending hikes (to buy votes in the meantime) have been the strategy of the liberals has been in play for years and years, with the end goal being to justify massive taxes aas a necessity rather than a choice, the only way to eliminate an unsustainable budget deficit.

Isn't it great how both parties can play together to tax and spend everything WE have for the purpose of justifying more of it and to increase their power year after year?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

and just as easily one could argue the converse that spending hikes (to buy votes in the meantime) have been the strategy of the liberals has been in play for years and years, with the end goal being to justify massive taxes aas a necessity rather than a choice, the only way to eliminate an unsustainable budget deficit.

Isn't it great how both parties can play together to tax and spend everything WE have for the purpose of justifying more of it and to increase their power year after year?

+1

And each side blames the other
Abraham Lincoln

+1 And each side blames the other

It appears to me, that the internet has played right into the politician's hands. Back when people would march and protest and publicly display their dis-approval of what our politicians were or were not doing and actually made progress. Now, we all gather on some internet discussion page and present all our theories, graphs, polls and charts and vent our anger toward each other. When it comes time to present our anger and dis-approval to the politicians, we're too tired-out and our hands hurt from firing-off posts to some web-site. Meanwhile, the politicians go about their business of doing whatever they do and the American public is physically drained because of their mis-directed anger and protestations. It's all like pissing your pants in a dark suit... it feels good and noone notices. :D

Chuck

It appears to me, that the internet has played right into the politician's hands. Back when people would march and protest and publicly display their dis-approval of what our politicians were or were not doing and actually made progress. Now, we all gather on some internet discussion page and present all our theories, graphs, polls and charts and vent our anger toward each other. When it comes time to present our anger and dis-approval to the politicians, we're too tired-out and our hands hurt from firing-off posts to some web-site. Meanwhile, the politicians go about their business of doing whatever they do and the American public is physically drained because of their mis-directed anger and protestations. It's all like pissing your pants in a dark suit... it feels good and noone notices. :D

Chuck

That may be true for many

however

My reps get very tired of hearing from me
Abraham Lincoln

You could argue that but not just as easily. The "starve the beast" strategy is pretty well documented. They want to cripple the government in order to get rid of it, "drown it in a bathtub" if you will. The left doesn't have a goal of simply raising taxes on the wealthiest. They want certain government programs but they want to pay for them while they profit from them personally and politically. The right also wants the political and personal profits for themselves but they prefer to borrow that money when they hold the purse. One of those philosophies is more fiscally responsible than the other. One wants a government that works. The other wants one that's crippled and ineffective. And the latter is getting it. The FAA took the hit this week. What's next? EPA? FDA?

No argument there. IMO, the only way that this country is going to get back to having a government which represents all of the people is to quit with the notion that money is "speech" and call it what it is. We wouldn't be in this predicament if the lobbyist plutocracy which runs Washington was where it belongs, in jail for bribery.

It appears to me, that the internet has played right into the politician's hands. Back when people would march and protest and publicly display their dis-approval of what our politicians were or were not doing and actually made progress. Now, we all gather on some internet discussion page and present all our theories, graphs, polls and charts and vent our anger toward each other. When it comes time to present our anger and dis-approval to the politicians, we're too tired-out and our hands hurt from firing-off posts to some web-site. Meanwhile, the politicians go about their business of doing whatever they do and the American public is physically drained because of their mis-directed anger and protestations. It's all like pissing your pants in a dark suit... it feels good and noone notices. :D Chuck
That may be true for many however My reps get very tired of hearing from me

That's the way it should be! Keep it up... we need more like you. I've written my reps. and never, so much as a 'squeak' in response. I feel good though, that I contacted them directly.

Chuck

It appears to me, that the internet has played right into the politician's hands. Back when people would march and protest and publicly display their dis-approval of what our politicians were or were not doing and actually made progress. Now, we all gather on some internet discussion page and present all our theories, graphs, polls and charts and vent our anger toward each other. When it comes time to present our anger and dis-approval to the politicians, we're too tired-out and our hands hurt from firing-off posts to some web-site. Meanwhile, the politicians go about their business of doing whatever they do and the American public is physically drained because of their mis-directed anger and protestations. It's all like pissing your pants in a dark suit... it feels good and noone notices. :D Chuck

That's the way it should be! Keep it up... we need more like you. I've written my reps. and never, so much as a 'squeak' in response. I feel good though, that I contacted them directly.

Chuck

I get a reply from all of them all the time except Harkin will ignore me once in a while
Abraham Lincoln

Chuck

I get a reply from all of them all the time except Harkin will ignore me once in a while

I guess mine are just too busy or figure if, they ignore me...

Chuck

Chuck

I guess mine are just too busy or figure if, they ignore me...

Chuck

I have a feeling you will not go away
Abraham Lincoln