kasch

religious ponderings

o your argument is since lots of people believe and pass it on to their children. It must be true.

So by that logic all religions are right.

So believing in the Hindu gods is just as valid as believing in Christianity.

Nope, not my argument, and we both know your statement has no validity. God only reveals Himself by way of humility and faith. Once contact has been made the fulfillment God gives to the individual's concept of reality justifies the faith.

Which God? ALL of the several thousand that have been worshiped through the ages and then forgotten, or do you have a particular one in mind?

When you understand why you dismiss all of the thousands of other Gods, then you will know why I dismiss yours. ( author unknown)

I don't dismiss anything, I listen to the one that meets the needs of my soul.

o your argument is since lots of people believe and pass it on to their children. It must be true.

So by that logic all religions are right.

So believing in the Hindu gods is just as valid as believing in Christianity.

Nope, not my argument, and we both know your statement has no validity. God only reveals Himself by way of humility and faith. Once contact has been made the fulfillment God gives to the individual's concept of reality justifies the faith.

For the overwhelming majority of the worlds believers, geography and the beliefs of their parents dictates what flavor of religion they will believe in.

Remember, we are all born Atheist.

>Explain how it is possible to come to that conclusion without including 'everything' in
>the scope of the topic.

Same reason you can think the world isn't flat without understanding everything about geology, astronomy, atmospheric chemistry, orbital dynamics etc.

>If any room is left for any possibility of a deity to exist at all by somebody they would
>be by definition an agnostic and not an atheist.

Do you think there is room left for the possibility that the earth might be flat?

For the overwhelming majority of the worlds believers, geography and the beliefs of their parents dictates what flavor of religion they will believe in.

Remember, we are all born Atheist innocent.

True for religion, not true for those who develop a spiritual relationship with God. I have no use for religion. It has to be one of the worst things our species has produced.

Remember, we are all born Atheist.

No, we're all born dumber than a vat of shite...if you want to remain that way, I guess thet'a your problem...

You stopped growing (in any sense of the word) years ago. Your posting history in these forums are proof enough of that.

>No, we're all born dumber than a vat of shite...if you want to remain that way, I guess
>thet'a your problem...

Your one warning.

I didn't mean it personally...It's inline with that whole supressing the truth thing we talked about a few days ago. I was just trying to be humorous....sorry.:D
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Atheists don't have to worry about suffering the embarassment of getting Raptured straight off the toilet. I wish you guys would address the more relevant questions instead of rehashing the same old arguments,

Also. The Bible says God "rested" on the 7th day of creation. So how exactly did he rest? Is there some giant couch or LazyBoy floating around somewhere? What exactly does God do on his day off? Does he go bowling with planets, or what?
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

we're all born dumber than a vat of shite

You are wrong. We are each born ignorant. What one knows, one has to learn first. An example would be language. You are taught the language and dialect that you speak. If I were raised in Australia I, most likely, would had been taught to speak Australian English. Being born in America, however, I was taught to speak American English. Likewise, if I were born in a village deep in the Amazon rain forest and never subjected to the English language, I would be learned to speak the local language. Even if I were born from English parents (but not raised from such.)
The same goes with ones belief in a deity. You are not born dumber than a vat of shit, and a vat of shit is not dumb (being that a vat of shit cannot learn as it lacks the capacity to do so.) You are taught a particular god from an early age. It is often embedded into a small child's mind by the use of fear and the idea that a god will burn their body for eternity if they do not believe. "God will cast you into a lake of fire if you do not believe!" As a very small child, that type of reasoning seemed to be extremely scary. Even more so than Dracula or the Wolfman. As I aged, I learned that god was no more real than Dracula or the Wolfman, and therefore, there was nothing to fear. I realized this by age 10.
The lessons that brings a person to "God" are based on fear and fear alone.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

You are taught a particular god from an early age. It is often embedded into a small child's mind

What does that matter? Some of those children will grow up to become atheist, most will believe but that belief won't really have any practical significance in their life, some will become agnostic, while others will believe in a completely different religion...

I'm sorry you feel that way...
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

I'm sorry you feel that way...

If, for some reason, you disobeyed your god, would you not fear the alternative? The alternative being cast into a lake of fire to burn for eternity as Christians believe will happen if they disobey. Now tell that to a very small child and it will instill fear into the child's mind. The same happens with some adults. More so with people whom never had any (or very little) contact with the world outside their immediate area. In this regards, missionaries do more harm than good. Erase the local culture and install another. Pitting religion against religion creates conflicts that ultimately leads to warfare. The victors then proclaim that their "God" has triumphed over "evil."
A prime example are the American Indian tribes. Only after an Indian proclaimed that the Christian "God" was the only "one and true God" were he or she allowed off of the reservation. An Indian had to relinquish his or her identity and beliefs in order to end their suffering at the hands of the "good Christians." Gladly, that is no longer allowed to happen.
Christianity flourished out of not love and acceptance but out of violence, fear and discrimination. I will also say the same for the majority of religions that have come and gone and for the religions to be.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young