Gravitymaster

Should Iran be Allowed to Produce Nuclear Weapons?

New evidence has emerged that the Iranian government sees the current unrest in the Middle East as a signal that the Mahdi--or Islamic messiah--is about to appear.

CBN News has obtained a never-before-seen video produced by the Iranian regime that says all the signs are moving into place -- and that Iran will soon help usher in the end times.

While the revolutionary movements gripping the Middle East have created uncertainty throughout the region, the video shows that the Iranian regime believes the chaos is divine proof that their ultimate victory is at hand.

'The Coming is Near'

The propaganda footage has reportedly been approved at the highest levels of the Iranian government.

It's called The Coming is Near and it describes current events in the Middle East as a prelude to the arrival of the mythical tweflth Imam or Mahdi -- the messiah figure who Islamic scriptures say will lead the armies of Islam to victory over all non-Muslims in the last days.

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/world/2011/March/Iranian-Regime-Video-Says-Mahdi-is-Near-/

And the follow up question is "what should be done about this"?

It is the Right of all men to have arms. This Right shall not be infringed .(2nd ammendment USof A Constitution)

By extension it is the Right of groups of Men to keep arms.

My question to you is what authority does any group of Men have over any other group of Men?
Where does one group get some moral superiority as to decide what the other should be "allowed" ?
How would you propose this "morally superior "group impose its' will ? Through violence ,threats of violence, by economic sanctions which will cause the poorest of that nation to suffer horribly?

Yes every Man and every group of Men have the Right to nucleur weapons .
The 2nd ammendment clearly identifies that Right.

Peace ,
Jim B

New evidence has emerged that the Iranian government sees the current unrest in the Middle East as a signal that the Mahdi--or Islamic messiah--is about to appear.

CBN News has obtained a never-before-seen video produced by the Iranian regime that says all the signs are moving into place -- and that Iran will soon help usher in the end times.

While the revolutionary movements gripping the Middle East have created uncertainty throughout the region, the video shows that the Iranian regime believes the chaos is divine proof that their ultimate victory is at hand.

'The Coming is Near'

The propaganda footage has reportedly been approved at the highest levels of the Iranian government.

It's called The Coming is Near and it describes current events in the Middle East as a prelude to the arrival of the mythical tweflth Imam or Mahdi -- the messiah figure who Islamic scriptures say will lead the armies of Islam to victory over all non-Muslims in the last days.

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/world/2011/March/Iranian-Regime-Video-Says-Mahdi-is-Near-/

And the follow up question is "what should be done about this"?

Ban religion, then we won't need weapons or war.

Religion is the root of all evil in the world. Until we throw down these silly irrational beliefs from ancient times we will always have strife and violence amongst ourselves.

In the mean time we have to protect ourselves from these loonies that want the world to end.

End of times believers are the biggest threat to humanity.
Onward and Upward!

>What aggression has the US ever shown towards Iran?

Well, to start off with, our support of the coup in 1953. (Google Operation Ajax for more info.) That's what led to the violently anti-US sentiments of the 1960's and 1970's, and the eventual revolution in 1979.

Perhaps a good lesson in terms of what's happening in Libya right now.

Then of course we pounded the crap out of them in 1988. Destroyed a bunch of Iranian ships and aircraft, including a commercial airliner full of civilians.

Well, to start off with, our support of the coup in 1953. (Google Operation Ajax for more info.) That's what led to the violently anti-US sentiments of the 1960's and 1970's, and the eventual revolution in 1979.

Then of course we pounded the crap out of them in 1988. Destroyed a bunch of Iranian ships and aircraft, including a commercial airliner full of civilians.

Well ya, there's that. But other than interfering with their domestic affairs, subverting democracy, undeclared acts of war, and shooting down civilian aircraft, what has the US ever done to them? NOTHING, that's what!

Yes, to prevent any aggression from the USA and therefore to protect its own people....
As simple as that....

What aggression has the US ever shown towards Iran?

Well, we attacked the country right next door to Iran with naked unprovoked aggression. They probably think they might be next and want to defend themselves.

Wouldn't you be concerned if a huge military super power took over Canada and had a huge arsenal on the other side of the border?

How would you feel if the US was surrounded by Iranian battleships and aircraft carriers?

To answer the original question, no I do not want Iran to have nukes, I don't want us to have them either, I think we should knock it off and play nice.
Onward and Upward!

Great, now let's see if you can do as well with describing the aggression Iran has shown towards the US.

While you are pondering that, how about taking a stab at the poll question? Or do you think a doomsday cult like Islam should be allowed to develop nuclear weapons?

Yes, to prevent any aggression from the USA and therefore to protect its own people....
As simple as that....

What aggression has the US ever shown towards Iran?

Well, we attacked the country right next door to Iran with naked unprovoked aggression. They probably think they might be next and want to defend themselves.

Wouldn't you be concerned if a huge military super power took over Canada and had a huge arsenal on the other side of the border?

How would you feel if the US was surrounded by Iranian battleships and aircraft carriers?

Gee, I guess I'd feel a little like Israel except the US isn't threatening to wipe Iran off the map.

>how about taking a stab at the poll question?

I hope they don't. However, they have as much right to do it as we do.

>Or do you think a doomsday cult like Islam should be allowed to develop
>nuclear weapons?

Only one country, ever, has used nuclear weapons against civilians. Killed around 350,000 people pretty horribly. Do you know which country it was? (Hint - it wasn't a Muslim country.)

Great, now let's see if you can do as well with describing the aggression Iran has shown towards the US.

While you are pondering that, how about taking a stab at the poll question? Or do you think a doomsday cult like Islam should be allowed to develop nuclear weapons?

If you hate this "doomsday cult" then quit buying their oil. It comes right out of Muslim lands. Your religion ( I assume you're a Christian) went through a nasty phase, just like Islam is going through now.

( I assume you're a Christian) went through a nasty phase, just like Islam is going through now. ***

only difference is the century it is or has happened in, the carnage from religious zealots with nukes is truly scary, christians with nukes in the middle ages....brrr, you know the loss of life would have been horrendous .... however we no longer fear the christians as much as muslim fanatics - who have shown in recent times absolutely no regard for anyones life - they will even kill thier own if they believe they are not muslim enough, they will kill you, your family, everything you ever loved.

religion itself is the greatest source of evil that this planet has ever seen or will probably ever see.

Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

No

What makes us human and not a computer is the ability to understand when to act and why.

Iraq bad move

Libya i am so proud to be an American. Our action saved lives and we didn't have to do it. the right thing done the right way.

its not always about $$$ its about what we stand for, who we are.

Iran is not democracy. Our previous interference "the mosadegh government" was to preserve our hold on oil. That doesn't make ever military action invalid and selfish. like any thing we have great things we have done and bad things we have done. Interfering with a truly popular government that the people had wanted sense ancient Persia.... bad. Fucking over a psycho like Ahmadinejad who will do anything to hold on to power.... good.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

CBN News..."I saw it on the 700 Club."

Are you fucking serious?

Yeah, I'm serious. Ahmadinejad's belief in the return of the 12th Imam isn't anything new. Just google it and there will be many sources you will find acceptable including the BBC and PBS who have carried news reports on this. I should ask you if you are seriously unaware of this.

Holy crap, is anyone is this thread NOT trolling?

just you. and now, with this post, me too

really funny stuff though, everybody is a cliche'

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

( I assume you're a Christian) went through a nasty phase, just like Islam is going through now. ***

only difference is the century it is or has happened in, the carnage from religious zealots with nukes is truly scary, christians with nukes in the middle ages....brrr, you know the loss of life would have been horrendous .... however we no longer fear the christians as much as muslim fanatics - who have shown in recent times absolutely no regard for anyones life - they will even kill thier own if they believe they are not muslim enough, they will kill you, your family, everything you ever loved.

religion itself is the greatest source of evil that this planet has ever seen or will probably ever see.

Roy

You nailed it. I couldn't agree more.

If you hate this "doomsday cult" then quit buying their oil. It comes right out of Muslim lands. Your religion ( I assume you're a Christian) went through a nasty phase, just like Islam is going through now.

Not a christian and the US doesn't import oil from Iran.

http://www.eia.doe.gov/dnav/pet/pet_move_impcus_a2_nus_ep00_im0_mbblpd_a.htm

Try again.