RonD1120

Jesus Loves the Sexually Exploited—and the Exploiters

You caught me.

I want to live in a fantasy world where magical beings in the sky control the actions of life forms on different planets. And where the son of the magical being was sent to earth via another magical being who impregnated a virgin, and then died and came back to life and was sent up into the sky to join the creator of the earth...

Oh wait... that's not my fantasy world is it?

Nicely disguised rage quit though.

You caught me.

I want to live in a fantasy world where magical beings in the sky control the actions of life forms on different planets. And where the son of the magical being was sent to earth via another magical being who impregnated a virgin, and then died and came back to life and was sent up into the sky to join the creator of the earth...

Oh wait... that's not my fantasy world is it?

Nicely disguised rage quit though.

He thinks we're living in a fantasy ... :D

Coreece, how many lessons can you learn during this life that will help you during the afterlife (eternity) if the length of this life in comparison to the afterlife (eternity) is basically nothing? Did you learn any lessons on the day that you were born that have helped you ... didn't think so.
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

Another one of my hero's... from a long long time ago....

I prefer to respond to your originality...

what have you to say about your god of denial?

Well after you deleted you reference to my quote " MORON " I prefer to respond to it anyway :

HA!

What I quoted was the "Epicurean paradox"

Now then, onto old Epicurus............. this " MORON " as you would put it :

Wikipedia Quotes :

Epicurus (Greek: Ἐπίκουρος, Epikouros, "ally, comrade"; 341 BCE – 270 BCE) was an ancient Greek philosopher and the founder of the school of philosophy called Epicureanism.

Epicurus is a key figure in the development of science and the scientific method because of his insistence that nothing should be believed, except that which was tested through direct observation and logical deduction. Many of his ideas about nature and physics presaged important scientific concepts of our time.

His statement of the Ethic of Reciprocity as the foundation of ethics is the earliest in Ancient Greece, and he differs from the formulation of utilitarianism by John Stuart Mill by emphasizing the minimization of harm to oneself and others as the way to maximize happiness.

He regularly admitted women and slaves into his school and was one of the first Greeks to break from the god-fearing and god-worshiping tradition common at the time

So, you can see, this so called moron was in fact far cleverer than the average religious nut job standing on a hillside screaming random BS like your Jesus was. There were apparently many many such nut jobs in Jesus' time and it was just pure chance that Christianity took off.

Dont know about you, but I'd rather look up to someone like Epicurus than anyone who had anything to do with your vengeful angry violent deity. At least he didn't demand the death of first born sons etc etc etc ( random violent act from bible )

And at least he was REAL which I hate to point out but hey you do believe in one crazy fairy at the bottom of your garden!

Coreece, how many lessons can you learn during this life that will help you during the afterlife (eternity) if the length of this life in comparison to the afterlife (eternity) is basically nothing?

It seems to me, the primary lesson is to understand "Agape" love in the midst of evil existence.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Coreece, how many lessons can you learn during this life that will help you during the afterlife (eternity) if the length of this life in comparison to the afterlife (eternity) is basically nothing?

It seems to me, the primary lesson is to understand "Agape" love in the midst of evil existence.

According to you, your God is all knowing, all powerful, and created everything. Why did your God create evil?

-Puts on his 'if I were a Christian' hat-

The general Christian idea is that God is all knowing, all powerful but yet he creates things with 'free will', as such he created his angels with free will and the ability to rebel should they desire. God didn't create evil, he just allowed it to exist.

-hat off-

As such, and ever so sneakily of him, he can eliminate responsibility. You can't blame anything on God if he claims to allow free will and man's actions are his own. It's a way of the Christian religion ending such arguments, these aren't biblical teachings as much as ones the church has made to make the religion seem more legit.

The real questions are, why does God feel that free will is more important than all the suffering caused had he not given free will.

According to you, your God is all knowing, all powerful, and created everything. Why did your God create evil?

That is a good question and difficult to answer.

IMO, God desires a loving relationship with all of us. Love is a choice and cannot be forced. Without evil, how can we make the choice for an eternal loving relationship?

Some make the choice for God through His plan i.e., Jesus Christ and some don't. It is a separation of the sheep and the goats.

I am a sheep in Jesus' flock. It is my choice to love God. I made that choice out of the pain, sorrow and confusion of living in evil.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

The real questions are, why does God feel that free will is more important than all the suffering caused had he not given free will.

Sounds like you are an advocate for arranged marriages.

-Puts on his 'if I were a Christian' hat-

The general Christian idea is that God is all knowing, all powerful but yet he creates things with 'free will', as such he created his angels with free will and the ability to rebel should they desire. God didn't create evil, he just allowed it to exist.

If God didn't create evil, God is all powerful, and God either can't or doesn't stop evil from existing than why should someone (who is less powerful) try to stop evil from existing?

This is going to sound a bit like I'm trolling, except I'm not.

I am a sheep in Jesus' flock. It is my choice to love God. I made that choice out of the pain, sorrow and confusion of living in evil.

That is a common sentiment in many and I don't blame you for seeking out something to make everything seem better, I think it's a natural human instinct.

Without any insult intended- It reminds me a lot of the way psychiatric patients behave in certain cases. When people encounter situations where their brain struggles to process the reality of a situation it seeks for ways to combat this (on a sub-concious level). Like the cases where patients just tend to blank out and forget entire traumatic events, or continue their lives oblivious to the fact as sometimes present in trauma-induced psychosis or schizophrenia.

Now I'm in no way calling anyone crazy, but I think one's brain has the tendency to do a similar thing. When it feels like it's struggling in any way to handle a situation it will do it's best to try find a way of dealing with it.

Thought > The World is such a horrid place, I have to live here and suffer and for what? Just to die?

Sub-concious Thought > There has to be more to this. I need to find what will make me happy. Anything that will bring me hope.

Thought > There must be a God, and if I worship him I'll live my life working towards something.

I think in many cases there is this pattern of thought, of not wanting to believe that it's just life and then death - and one's inability to accept this and life happily with it, and as such sub-consciously or consciously seek ways to make life seem better.

Just a similarity I notice, nothing more, nothing less. As I said, I think it's a very natural human response.

Sounds like you are an advocate for arranged marriages.

If it's an option between an arranged marriage and eternal pain and suffering, yeah I'm all for the arranged marriage. :S

Unless you're trying to compare the pain caused from a bad marriage with that of Hell, in which case - I'm quite keen for hell already.

This is going to sound a bit like I'm trolling, except I'm not.

That is a common sentiment in many and I don't blame you for seeking out something to make everything seem better, I think it's a natural human instinct.

Without any insult intended- It reminds me a lot of the way psychiatric patients behave in certain cases. When people encounter situations where their brain struggles to process the reality of a situation it seeks for ways to combat this (on a sub-concious level). Like the cases where patients just tend to blank out and forget entire traumatic events, or continue their lives oblivious to the fact as sometimes present in trauma-induced psychosis or schizophrenia.

Now I'm in no way calling anyone crazy, but I think one's brain has the tendency to do a similar thing. When it feels like it's struggling in any way to handle a situation it will do it's best to try find a way of dealing with it.

Thought > The World is such a horrid place, I have to live here and suffer and for what? Just to die?

Sub-concious Thought > There has to be more to this. I need to find what will make me happy. Anything that will bring me hope.

Thought > There must be a God, and if I worship him I'll live my life working towards something.

I think in many cases there is this pattern of thought, of not wanting to believe that it's just life and then death - and one's inability to accept this and life happily with it, and as such sub-consciously or consciously seek ways to make life seem better.

Just a similarity I notice, nothing more, nothing less. As I said, I think it's a very natural human response.

All that sounds reasonable. In my case it was the desire for survival. I'll readily admit Jesus is my crutch, my eternal crutch. Accepting Him and, God's plan, didn't make everything all better. It gave me the peace of mind, comfort of God's love and, the grace to deal with life's problems.

Being a Christian does not take away the problems, it gives us the power to deal with life on life's terms.

Without Christ in my life I believe that I would either be dead or in prison. With Christ I have survived and thrived.

All that sounds reasonable. In my case it was the desire for survival. I'll readily admit Jesus is my crutch, my eternal crutch. Accepting Him and, God's plan, didn't make everything all better. It gave me the peace of mind, comfort of God's love and, the grace to deal with life's problems.

God is your crutch ... noted.

Being a Christian does not take away the problems, it gives us the power to deal with life on life's terms.

God is your crutch to deal with life ... noted.

Without Christ in my life I believe that I would either be dead or in prison. With Christ I have survived and thrived.

So you don't know the difference between right and wrong without religion ... noted.

So you don't know the difference between right and wrong without religion ... noted.

The problem for me was not knowing the difference between right and wrong. I understood that perfectly. My problem was controlling passion. Without Christ in my life and the guidance of the Holy Spirit, my passions are unbridled.

The problem for me was not knowing the difference between right and wrong. I understood that perfectly. My problem was controlling passion. Without Christ in my life and the guidance of the Holy Spirit, my passions are unbridled.

While it's admirable that you were willing to seek a way of changing, some people need something to help them, others ignore the issue completely.

With that said, many people don't need the same guidance. I'm quite controlled in my life, I have no addictions, don't indulge in substances, I'm not violent. I have no need for a God in my life. And there are many others out there that are the same, as such I feel that the general idea of Christians of me 'needing God' is completely false - they may need God, but they in turn shouldn't feel as though they need to try get everyone to believe.

While it's admirable that you were willing to seek a way of changing, some people need something to help them, others ignore the issue completely.

With that said, many people don't need the same guidance. I'm quite controlled in my life, I have no addictions, don't indulge in substances, I'm not violent. I have no need for a God in my life. And there are many others out there that are the same, as such I feel that the general idea of Christians of me 'needing God' is completely false - they may need God, but they in turn shouldn't feel as though they need to try get everyone to believe.

I wish you good luck. Have a great weekend.:)

Not even your god can do that, or is it that he can and just doesn't. Unless you want to take the "We're only here for a short while, we'll find real happiness in heaven". In which case, why did your god even put man on earth, if earth is just a proxy for the afterlife. If it serves no real purpose in the ultimate scheme of things. Wouldn't it be easier to just create people as spiritual entities in heaven, he could have saved pain and suffering of billions. Or is it just one of those things that are so sick and sadistic that God must have some greater knowledge that we can't understand as to why he did it. Yeah... right.

You make good logical points. I have also wondered about those. But since we find ourselves here and involved in the world process with no ability to recreate it, all we can do is try and make sense out of the chaos. What I have found is, God is love. He created us to be perfect like Himself. We have the choice to approach the perfection of God (Heaven) or live in the world of our own creation (Hell).

He created us to be perfect like Himself. We have the choice to approach the perfection of God (Heaven) or live in the world of our own creation (Hell).

If God created us to be perfect then why wouldn't the world of our creation also be Heaven? Did God make a mistake while creating us ...

Hoping that either God or man will achieve utopia is equally foolish, IMO.

I don't think hope is a bad thing...but betting on that hope without knowing the odds? Now that's foolish.

Why do you think you know better than everyone else's God?

Hey, I'm not the one dissin' someone elses god just because I didn't get my way.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

>I don't think hope is a bad thing...but betting on that hope without knowing
>the odds? Now that's foolish.

Perhaps I should have said "betting that God or man will achieve utopia is equally foolish." You're right, you can hope for whatever you like.

>Hey, I'm not the one dissin' someone elses god just because I didn't get my way.

My mistake, then. It sounded like you thought your own version of utopia was going to come to pass instead of any of the others.

Don't lose sight of the purpose of this thread was to show that some Christian folks are trying to help those who have been held in sexual bondage, as well as their captors, to achieve a little slice of utopia. The name of the slice is freedom.

Perhaps I should have said "betting that God or man will achieve utopia is equally foolish."

Yes, poker is more fun.

you can hope for whatever you like.

oh, thank you kind sir for your grace.

It sounded like you thought your own version of utopia was going to come to pass instead of any of the others.

I don't have my own version of utopia. How can anyone even grasp that type of perfection? It's supernatural...I put my faith in God for stuff like that.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

It sounded like you thought your own version of utopia was going to come to pass instead of any of the others.

I don't have my own version of utopia. How can anyone even grasp that type of perfection? It's supernatural...I put my faith in God for stuff like that.

So you're ignorant about utopia and prefer to remain that way.