winsor

It's the End of the World as we know it

Nope, no problem...I adapt to change & unexpected occurrences fairly well ( i.e. weather holds, dzo's, supper hour, judgement day )...no biggie !

I'll just watch re-runs of "Deep Impact"...it was just on last night on cable, so should be airing at least a dozen more times in the next few weeks ;):P

The Catholic as well as many mainline Protestants take a more sober, scholarly view of the Bible.

Yeah, I think that's what Winsor was talking about...

I find it amazing that people can view themselves as such connoisseurs of fairy tales, where some gibberish is approved ("it's all a big mystery!") and other equally nonsensical dreck is not ("why, that's ridiculous!").

Ya, like dark matter.

yea, like the earth being the center of the universe; the religious folks havent learned from the mistakes they already done in the past it seems. i was thinking you were more clever than that. guess i was wrong..

Let's face it:

We believe in an invisible omnipresent God.

You guys believe in an invisible omnipresent substance.

The only difference is that we didn't have to spend billions of tax payer dollars to figure it out.

You guys should be happy that we don't care if you use the government to fund your religion and stfu.:P
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

The Catholic as well as many mainline Protestants take a more sober, scholarly view of the Bible.

Yeah, I think that's what Winsor was talking about...

I find it amazing that people can view themselves as such connoisseurs of fairy tales, where some gibberish is approved ("it's all a big mystery!") and other equally nonsensical dreck is not ("why, that's ridiculous!").

Ya, like dark matter.

yea, like the earth being the center of the universe; the religious folks havent learned from the mistakes they already done in the past it seems. i was thinking you were more clever than that. guess i was wrong..

Let's face it:

The only difference is that we didn't have to spend billions of tax payer dollars to figure it out.

You guys should be happy that we don't care if you use the government to fund your religion and stfu.:P

so we shouldnt pay billions of tax payer dollars to say, uhm, cure cancer? if we pray enough it'll go away by itself!? dayum, why havent we thought of this before!? :S

science and research do make some meaningful stuff, maybe not now, but usually there IS an "added value" in the end. kind of like heaven, isnt it!?
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Holy Crap! I live in the Tampa Bay Area and missed seeing this bunch. They didn't even make the local news. They are getting an all expense paid trip around the U.S. Not bad!

Of course, their proclamation has no Scriptural basis.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Holy Crap! I live in the Tampa Bay Area and missed seeing this bunch. They didn't even make the local news. They are getting an all expense paid trip around the U.S. Not bad!

and here i was thinking, you were with them. havent seen you post in a while..
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Let's face it:

You do use the government ... tax exemption. :S

PS: Not to mention using the government to enforce your religious ideals.
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

Yeah and like THAT would make sooo much more sense:P

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

We had some neighbors who thought the end of the world was about ten years ago. Their church told them to throw dirt on all their basement windows, and to stay down in there for a week. There was supposed to be a nuclear hollocost on a certain date. The church was sure it would happen on that week.

We all noticed there was little activity around their place that week. We also noticed all the dirt on the basement windows. At the end of the week they came up to a beautiful summer day. Everyone was still alive and doing well....

Their church told them to throw dirt on all their basement windows, and to stay down in there for a week.

We all noticed there was little activity around their place that week. We also noticed all the dirt on the basement windows.

Religion ... helping to separate the sheeple from the people.
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

Let's face it:

Y'know, that's a really good point.

Oh no, sorry, it's completely wrong.

"What have the Romans theoretical physicists ever done for us!?"
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Oh no, sorry, it's completely wrong.

no it's not.

It is. You even manged to point out in your won post why it's completely wrong, without actually grasping the significance.

Which is quite impressive.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

It is.

it's not.

besides, I don't consider you a reliable source on dark matter:

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3939901;search_string=dark%20matter;#3939901

I'm not nearly well versed enough in Astrophysics to know the ins and outs of dark matter.

So I'm just gonna stick to listening to the lies of the Dicovery/History Channel when it comes to Science and Religion just like everybody else.

Awfully sorry had to reschedule, hope it doesn't cause too much inconvenience.

The sooner the better as far as I am concerned.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Well it is sooner if you believe in astrology...March 19th.:o

http://www.lifeslittlemysteries.com/will-supermoon-cause-earthquake-storm-natural-disasters-1442/

Well it is sooner if you believe in astrology...March 19th.:o

http://www.lifeslittlemysteries.com/will-supermoon-cause-earthquake-storm-natural-disasters-1442/

It would just be fun to watch the non believers make excuses when the time comes.:ph34r:
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

would just be fun to watch the non believers make excuses when the time comes.

Ezekiel 18:23
Have I any pleasure in the death of the wicked, declares the Lord GOD, and not rather that he should turn from his way and live?

...just saying.

Have I any pleasure in the death of the wicked, declares the Lord GOD, and not rather that he should turn from his way and live?

...just saying.

no no no - you misunderstand . . . I just want to hear the excuses, not rejoice in their death.

...just saying.

no no no - you misunderstand . . . I just want to hear the excuses, not rejoice in their death.

I know, I know...wasn't my intention to twist your words. Just saw an opportunity of biblical relevance. I couldn't help my self.;)

But on another note, who knows...maybe It'll be Jesus who has the excuses:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQHm7oItkdA:D

However, I think it'll be more like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKS-ngwU0jA&feature=relatedB|

*edit*
Don't forget Family Guy Weekdays on Fox At 7pm EST

Modays on TBS from 8-11 EST

Everyday on Cartoon Network at 11pm EST

Don't forget American Dad on CN at 10pm EST

;)