kallend

Senator thinks rules don't apply to him

I was willing to put it down to an error by a 75yo pilot, but his responses showed no remorse. Annoying.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

An arrogant pilot? Never heard of one of those before.:ph34r:

I wasnt there or know the details but this can happen to ever a seasoned pilot. There was a 757 that landed on taxiway Zulu instead of 29 at Newark about 5 years ago. Don't know what happened to the crew on that one.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

An arrogant pilot? Never heard of one of those before.:ph34r:

I wasnt there or know the details but this can happen to ever a seasoned pilot. There was a 757 that landed on taxiway Zulu instead of 29 at Newark about 5 years ago. Don't know what happened to the crew on that one.

Were there big "X"s and vehicles on the runway? Inhofe appears to have acted quite deliberately in disregard of the rules.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

He made a mistake and then completed all of the remedial training the FAA required. I don't see an issue or attitude problem. If the exact same thing happened to John Doe and he responded with he considers the issue closed as well as the FAA does, nobody would care. It isn't like he was jack-hammering a congressional intern on final.
For the same reason I jump off a perfectly good diving board.

He made a mistake and then completed all of the remedial training the FAA required. I don't see an issue or attitude problem.

From the article:

In the days following the incident, Inhofe said, "It's unfortunate, I'm sorry, but I'm not really concerned about it." Regarding NOTAMs, he told TulsaWorld.com "people who fly a lot just don't do it." Last week, TulsaWorld reported that Inhofe "remains convinced he did nothing wrong"

That, to me, looks like an attitude problem. He thinks he did nothing wrong. Meanwhile, there was a problem that would have been avoidable had he not only checked the NOTAMS, but had he flown a damned pattern and saw the intended runway "marked with large Xs, and littered with a large red truck, other vehicles, and construction workers."

Edited to add: I read "Inhofe 'remains convinced he did nothing wrong'" as "I'll do the same thing again."

My wife is hotter than your wife.

You missed the important point. It was that he's a Republican and has probably taken steps to make air travel safer. This makes him a hypocrit and Republican hypocrits must be held to a higher standard.

Regardless of political affiliation, you simply must know by now that in North America, aviation safety has NOTHING to do with airmanship. It's all about eAPIS document filings, the TSA and Homeland Security.

Gee, I wonder how a senator would get that idea (that rules don't apply to him). Couldn't be because they exempt themselves from just about every law they pass, could it?

Agreed. Glad they made him do the remedial training instead of just sweeping it under the rug or asking him to support a bill that would allow the airport an "upgrade".

You missed the important point. It was that he's a Republican and has probably taken steps to make air travel safer. This makes him a hypocrit and Republican hypocrits must be held to a higher standard.

Just hypocrites. But I doubt it's coincidence that most of the "do as I say and not as I do" folks in Congress seem to have an (R).

But I doubt it's coincidence that most of the "do as I say and not as I do" folks in Congress seem to have an (R).

It isn't a coincidence. it's just what you want to see. Rather, I don't think it's a coincidence that Congress is populated with ""do as I say and not as I do" folks. Both parties.

But I doubt it's coincidence that most of the "do as I say and not as I do" folks in Congress seem to have an (R).

It isn't a coincidence. it's just what you want to see. Rather, I don't think it's a coincidence that Congress is populated with ""do as I say and not as I do" folks. Both parties.

You just refuse to see what you don't want to see: a speaker of the House who calls for an end to pork while supporting pork in his own state, a Senator who pushes aviation safety while violating the FARs without remorse, and any number of "family values" pushers who "hike the Appalachian Trail".

You just refuse to see what you don't want to see: a speaker of the House who calls for an end to pork while supporting pork in his own state, a Senator who pushes aviation safety while violating the FARs without remorse, and any number of "family values" pushers who "hike the Appalachian Trail".

There we go. I knew you had the truth in you.

True. Of course I see it!

Then there are examples on the other side with money and greed and even sex. How about Rangel - Chairman of Ways and Means - and his tax cheating? (Following on the trail of Rostenkowski - whom you should be familiar with)

Or Eric Massa, who resigned after sexual harassment charges? (This from the party of equal rights and no discrimination?)

For Tom Delay you get William Jefferson. (Money scandal from a dem? Say it ain't so...)

Rick Renzi had a counterpart in Jim Trafficant (but Renzi had better hair)

Going back to the Dubya admin we see a long list of corrput officials - just like in the Clinton Admin (Brown, Hubbel, Cisneros, etc.)

It knows no party boundary. Hypocrisy knows no boundary and we both know it.

Last week, TulsaWorld reported that Inhofe "remains convinced he did nothing wrong"

This is the annoying thing about the media. There is no direct quote from the Senator that he is convinced he did nothing wrong. This is an assertation from the media that is incorrectly being attributed to the subject of the media report. It is just bad/sloppy reporting.

He made a mistake, exercized bad judgement a a pilot, and should have not taken such a cavalier attitude about NOTAMS. He never stated "I am convinced I did nothing wrong."
For the same reason I jump off a perfectly good diving board.

It would be nice if more reporters took the Joe Friday approach (just the facts, ma'am).

But I don't doubt that the senator remains convinced he did nothing wrong. Well, maybe he thinks getting caught and looking like a hypocritical douche bag were wrong, but nothing to do with his flying.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Last week, TulsaWorld reported that Inhofe "remains convinced he did nothing wrong"

This is the annoying thing about the media. There is no direct quote from the Senator that he is convinced he did nothing wrong. This is an assertation from the media that is incorrectly being attributed to the subject of the media report. It is just bad/sloppy reporting.

He made a mistake, exercized bad judgement a a pilot, and should have not taken such a cavalier attitude about NOTAMS. He never stated "I am convinced I did nothing wrong."

He stated "I'm not really concerned about it" and (concerning checking NOTAMS), "people who fly a lot just don't do it." That in itself is bad and arrogant attitude after the fact, in addition to a cavalier attitude at the time of the incident.

He made a mistake and then completed all of the remedial training the FAA required. I don't see an issue or attitude problem. If the exact same thing happened to John Doe and he responded with he considers the issue closed as well as the FAA does, nobody would care. It isn't like he was jack-hammering a congressional intern on final.

The remedial training Yes, but the Senator should have also been subjected to having his Lic. suspended for a minimum of 6 months, but revoking the lic. would be more in line with his actions.

"Pilot loses license after buzzing Texas beach
June 24, 2010
HOUSTON (AP) — Federal officials have revoked the pilot’s license of a man who buzzed a crowd on a Galveston County beach, flying a single-engine plane as low as 15 feet about the ground and snagging a fishing line.
Joseph Bryan Kirbow flew so low during the March incident that the plane snagged a man’s line and broke his fishing pole, while wind from the plane blew another man’s hat off, the Federal Aviation Administration said Wednesday."

The remedial training Yes, but the Senator should have also been subjected to having his Lic. suspended for a minimum of 6 months.

I agree.