dreamdancer

Why It's Not a 'Safe Bet' to Believe In God

Christianity is passed from parenting or through social pressures and not through a sudden enlightenment...

Not in my experience. My belief came suddenly and completely.

but your culture's religion is christianity - why not a sudden belief in allah?

I had a sudden belief in buhdda, and then a sudden belief in no God, but I could only lie to myself for so long.

and your next sudden belief will be...

mayflies?

No, that dark matter is YOUR God.

there is no god - use the brain that evolution has given you instead...
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

i didn't mention that i'm an atheist as i'm a nice guy and just keep that sort of thing to debating forums.

In other words, "I'm a coward that won't disclose my beliefs in fear of the stigma of denying something so inherant that it may expose me as the masterful lying genius that I am."
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

now the threats eh?

No way. Good luck.

Luck is a respecter of persons for not everyone has good.

God's love is "Agape."
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

i didn't mention that i'm an atheist as i'm a nice guy and just keep that sort of thing to debating forums.

In other words, "I'm a coward that won't disclose my beliefs in fear of the stigma of denying something so inherant that it may expose me as the masterful lying genius that I am."

no, as in - i'm a nice guy and they were a nice couple (she's just completed her aff and he's a free burma ranger) and i didn't mind them bringing god bless you etc... up a few times. no need to confront them with my own atheism - happy to debate it here with those who want to :)

no, as in - i'm a nice guy and they were a nice couple (she's just completed her aff and he's a free burma ranger) and i didn't mind them bringing god bless you etc... up a few times. no need to confront them with my own atheism - happy to debate it here with those who want to :)

Very well, just don't blame me if I remain somewhat skeptical to your sudden and peculiar benevolence...[:/]

have a great day Kevin.:)
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

You obviously think when someone mentions "spoke with God" that there must be some auditory transference of information. That's not Ron's meaning, I'm sure.

No. When someone talks of having spoken with God, it's usually a metaphor, with Ron it's not.

That is why I made sure I was very clear in pointing out that Ron describes actually, literally, hearing the Voice of God, speaking to him with actual words. Not just having a moment of clarity. Not just having a revalation. Actually being spoken to.

Is that enough edumacation for you, or do you want to have another go at being a patronising twat?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Why are some of the self proclaimed atheists &/or agnostics...so hellbent & spiteful towards believers who are not bashful, nor intimidated to speak out about it ?

Because you have a biased view of the subject. Atheists who say religion is wrong are hellbent and spiteful, yet religious people who thnks atheists are wrong are simply 'not intimidated'?

Your perception is severely skewed - especially given the overwhelmingly religious nature of the county you live in. Why on earth would any believer be too intimidated to speak out when they comprise the overwhelming majority of the population and those in power? The shoe might just be on the other foot there.

Having a difference of opinion or debating issues & beliefs is one thing...but rude off the wall, lowlife comments is disgusting !

Some respond as if they are in fear....kind of like me thinks you protest too much ! Unsure

Shame on the assholes...grow the hell up>:(

So that was you being 'not bashful', was it?:D

Ok, so stating religion is wrong is offensive, but not going around actively declaring your atheism to all and sundry is cowardly.... and being an atheist demonstrates that you are fundamentally a liar?

And you have the balls to bitch about people insulting your religion!?

Here we are again

The religion of no relgion arguing the religion of religion[:/]

Neither side is any different

And both are the same

"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

*WHOOSH*

No. When someone talks of having spoken with God, it's usually a metaphor, with Ron it's not.

Bless your little heart...you do mind reading, too.!

That is why I made sure I was very clear in pointing out that Ron describes actually, literally, hearing the Voice of God, speaking to him with actual words. Not just having a moment of clarity. Not just having a revalation. Actually being spoken to.

Is that enough edumacation for you, or do you want to have another go at being a patronising twat?

(How's that for patronizing?
:D:D

You might do well to wait for him to reply rather than tell us what you think know he said. Who knows, maybe both of us are wrong and he meant something else entirely.

Bringing up twats is misdirection. Twats are handled in one of the BF threads.
:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Why are some of the self proclaimed atheists &/or agnostics...so hellbent & spiteful towards believers who are not bashful, nor intimidated to speak out about it ?

Because you have a biased view of the subject.

Oh, now I get it. Because someone has a different viewpoint, that's the cue to be hellbent & spiteful.
Ok....I learned something today!

Atheists who say religion is wrong are hellbent and spiteful, ...

Just some of them.

...yet religious people who thnks atheists are wrong are simply 'not intimidated'?

Yes, I think you understand this part.

Having a difference of opinion or debating issues & beliefs is one thing...but rude off the wall, lowlife comments is disgusting !

Some respond as if they are in fear....

You don't see yourself here?

Ask yourself...
Why is it that I let myself get all worked up because somebody believes differently than I do when it comes to religion?
Why is it that I go so far out of my way to be rude and childish in my rebuttals?

I did notice that you dodged the Dark Matter reference, though. Science? Unproven beliefs?
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I don't need to read minds, I know how to read words. Ron has, in previous threads, been very clear about the circumstances of his conversion.

Maybe you need to have things drummed into your skull multiple times before you can understand them, but some of us are a little quicker on the uptake.

How's that for patronizing?

Terrible. If you're so limited you can't even think up three different lines you mioght need to admit that continuing this discussion is beyond your capabilities.

Now why don't run along and practise? The kids in the local playground should be around your level.

Y'know, I was only playing your game just now, but unless that last post was based on a deliberate misinterpretation then you really do have some remedial comprehension work to do, and it really is at grade school level.

I have never voiced my view against athetists, nor agnostics, nor Jews, Buddahists, Muslims, cat worshipers, Bible thumpers, born agains, Christians... !

I've only made inference of what my 'religious' experiences have been !

For the record I do NOT consider myself RELIGIOUS !

I have never made comment to who I think is right or wrong...I've only stated I am a BELIEVER in MY God !

You've been to Fond du Lac County, WI...much have you ?

The only church service I've been to since I relocated to this area 5 years ago, was a recent funeral for my husband's uncle !

I've pretty much been a nonconformist to the average norm, for years...for no other reason than, I do & particpate in what works for me !

I made a statement to some 'assholes' as to my confusion, why some enjoy chastizing & ridiculing what some do state, or believe.

I made no direct inference to anyone in particular, but seeing that you jumped to respond...obviously you tried the shoe on !

I've never had a tendency to be bashful about anything...so now what :P

BTW:
Fond du Lac County has a history of rednecks, bootleggers & outlaws (i.e. Carrie Nation, Dillinger, Capone, Fatty Arbuckle & KKK), though I'm sure there are some very nice atheists, agnostics, & Christians, here!

your next belief will be?

That you should put your head down in high gear and accelerate. The hell bound train is no fun if you're going slow.

now the threats eh?

Again, we have to educate you, a futile effort, but we try.

The difference between a threat and a belief.

Look it up. That is your homework for this week.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

You might do well to wait for him to reply rather than tell us what you think know he said. Who knows, maybe both of us are wrong and he meant something else entirely.

OK, let me set the record straight.

16 Mar 81: The Holy Spirit said to me, "Why don't you try Jesus? You've tried everything else."

I asked Jesus to come into my life, my heart and take control. I surrendered completely and was saved with the convincing epiphany.

Early Apr 83: Asked for and received the Baptism of the Holy Spirit. No verbal communication in this instance.

Later Apr 83: I asked the Lord in prayer why I could not smoke marijuana and study the Bible. The Lord's audible reply, echoed three times, "Because it irritates Me."

I was instantly and completely delivered from the desire to use mood altering substances including alcohol and nicotine.

I am approaching 28 years straight, clean and sober.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Y'know, I was only playing your game just now, but unless that last post was based on a deliberate misinterpretation then you really do have some remedial comprehension work to do, and it really is at grade school level.

Damn man

It sucks when someone throws your own shit tactics back in your face huh......
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Very well, just don't blame me if I remain somewhat skeptical to your sudden and peculiar benevolence...[:/]

always been that way...

(wonder what peculiar belief you're going to take up next)

OK, let me set the record straight.

16 Mar 81: The Holy Spirit said to me, "Why don't you try Jesus? You've tried everything else.".

so, an unidentified voice in your head - next

- next

VICTORY! Victory in Jesus.

2 Corinthians 2:14
But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and manifests through us the sweet aroma of the knowledge of Him in every place.

wonder what peculiar belief you're going to take up next

I dunno, but I reckon I'd have to be pretty skilled in self deception to become an Atheist again.

if you can't face the truth - keep that crutch...