SpeedRacer

When anti-abortion protestors get abortions

Abortion...eh WTF. I don't advocate it but that's my decision. I don't try and force my views on that on someone else.

I hear many people say they are seriously against abortion yet are pro-choice, but they spend so much time advocating for the choice that is already legal rather than influencing the actual choice for life with which they so heartily agree.

Seems a lil back asswards to me.[:/]

Why is that any different than busybodies lobbying for laws that prevent total strangers from having control over their own bodies?

Do these busybodies also say they are pro-choice?
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Alright, so far we learned that it is good to kill fetuses but not animals. That anyone who is against abortion needs to become a christian, join the WBC and protest soldier funerals and the war while engaging in the practice of vegetarianism.

Likewise, anyone that is for abortion must immediatley reject christianity, kill anybody that poses a personal or financial inconvenience, promote war, eat meat 3 times a day and suscribe to blanket support for various forms of death.

How long do you think it'll take for this to be legislated?

Abortion...eh WTF. I don't advocate it but that's my decision. I don't try and force my views on that on someone else.

I hear many people say they are seriously against abortion yet are pro-choice, but they spend so much time advocating for the choice that is already legal rather than influencing the actual choice for life with which they so heartily agree.

Why is that any different than busybodies lobbying for laws that prevent total strangers from having control over their own bodies?

Nope -- you know that you are one of them.

What a woman does with her body is absolutely NONE of your business.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Nope -- you know that you are one of them.

Absolutely! It's none of anybody's business but hers and those who treat her.
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

you know that you are one of them.

:D

Well, I'm certainly not one of yous guys's, that's for sure...;)

It sounds like your argument came right out of some type of conspiracy theory. I would hope you have better form in the classroom professor - good thing you're not a lawyer, eh?

Could you imagine?

Professor:
"You know you're one of them damn it! You know it! I'm gonna rip of your f****ng head off and s**t down your neck you son of a bitch!"

Andy:"Objection...badgering the witness."

Judge:"Sustained"

Professor: "You're one of them damnit, you're one of them!"

Judge: "Contempt!"

*gavel slam!*:D

"There's an oooooold polish proverb that says just because a dress is red satin, doesn't mean it comes off easily.";)

For every choice there is a voice baby, for every choice there is a voice...

Absolutely! It's none of anybody's business but hers and those who treat her.

in·flu·ence
[in-floo-uhns]
noun, verb, -enced, -enc·ing.
–noun
1. the capacity or power of persons or things to be a compelling force on or produce effects on the actions, behavior, opinions, etc., of others

2. the action or process of producing effects on the actions, behavior, opinions, etc., of another or others

3. a person or thing that exerts influence

4. Astrology .
a. the radiation of an ethereal fluid from the stars, regarded as affecting human actions and destinies.
b. the exercise of occult power by the stars, or such power as exercised.

5. the exercise of similar power by human beings.

I guess the reason I posted this is that I've personally experienced the issue going the other way as well. :|

perhaps i misunderstand, but to me in inverse situation would be pro-choice, but doesn't abort? Ummm pro-choice generally means that one believes under the LAW, abortion should be legal. one may oppose abortion but be considered "pro-choice" in support of legal and safe abortions over the back-alley coat-hanger days, or they could feel strongly, as implied by CHOICE, that a woman should have that CHOICE based on the circumstances and not have it made for her. i personally don't think the law has any role in abortion access.

i have held several friends' hands as they went through the decision making process and went to get an abortion itself.

But for me when i got pregnant at 21 by a man whose family i had known for 8-9 years at the time, i knew almost instantly that I personally could never "choose" the "abortion option" if myself and the baby and pregnancy were healthy. it didn't feel right FOR ME- but i would defend any woman's right to make her own choices not restricted by legal access to safe medical care.

that said, FOR ME, i could not live with knowing that baby could have a great life either through adoption or parenting, and that i could have a perfectly healthy pregnancy and birth.

after careful consideration i CHOSE against abortion (and later in the pregnancy, CHOSE for certain to parent my child).

yes i strongly believe abortion is a last option, and the ideal is adoption if one cannot be the best parent they can be or meet a child's needs.. that we need to step up resources for adoption and parenting (and related issues that could make a pregnancy unsafe- obesity, diabetes, things like AODA where fetal alcohol syndrome is a concern if not aborted, etc.) but i think it should be safe and legal and again, have helped friends for whom that was their best choice.

again-- perhaps not what you meant, but just because a pregnancy is not meticulously planned, doesn't mean that one cannot make a rational and planned out *choice* to become a parent at that time. being "pro-choice" does not in any way preclude you from CHOOSING to become a parent, even if not planned to the date, or unmarried, or any of that old-fashioned stereotype. that is laughable.

(btw-- sorry if repeats, didn't read all 5 pages yet!)
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Alright, so far we learned that it is good to kill fetuses but not animals. That anyone who is against abortion needs to become a christian, join the WBC and protest soldier funerals and the war while engaging in the practice of vegetarianism.

Likewise, anyone that is for abortion must immediatley reject christianity, kill anybody that poses a personal or financial inconvenience, promote war, eat meat 3 times a day and suscribe to blanket support for various forms of death.

How long do you think it'll take for this to be legislated?

But... but... I am 100% pro-choice, and a peace-loving vegan (though, I do own a handgun...) What does that make me?

Identity crisis in the making here... :P
------------

"As am I, in my own life, but like I said above, I'm not going to force someone else into making the same decision I would." (Nightingale)
+1 Sums it up more concisely that I could :)
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Well, I think masturbation is mass murder.

Let's bomb the Kleenex manufacturers!

Surely you don't think I would advocate blowing up Miss Michigan and Rosey Palm with an M-80 and burning all your socks, do you? Certainly that wouldn't solve the problem.

And surely you don't think I would advocate legislation against beef tip strokinoff either. Could you imagine the rise of illegal backstroke roulette in the back alleys of America?