Skyrad

RIP Major Dick Winters

"I cherish the memories of a question my grandson asked me the other day when he said, 'Grandpa, were you a hero in the war?' Grandpa said 'No… but I served in a company of heroes…'"

A true hero, the best of the greatest generation.

RIP Major Dick Winters. :(

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1345843/He-hell-guy-Real-life-Band-Brothers-war-hero-dies.html?ITO=1490
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I only know of him thanks to "Band of Brothers" but if that show is anything close to what "Easy Company" went through (which I believe they did), Dick Winters was an amazing man.

RIP ... you served your country/allies proud and helped defeat Nazi Germany.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

'If you can. Find that peace within yourself, that peace and quiet and confidence that you can pass on to others, so that they know that you are honest and you are fair and will help them, no matter what, when the chips are down'

Dick Winters
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Thanks for sharing.

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

He was a great American that was there when his country called on him.

(Why is this in the SC?)

He held a gun once.[:/]
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

"I cherish the memories of a question my grandson asked me the other day when he said, 'Grandpa, were you a hero in the war?' Grandpa said 'No… but I served in a company of heroes…'"

A true hero, the best of the greatest generation.

RIP Major Dick Winters. :(

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1345843/He-hell-guy-Real-life-Band-Brothers-war-hero-dies.html?ITO=1490

We seem to be losing so many of his generation now. As young men they were subjected to so much yet they lived and watched many of their peers die. So many of them came home and they became our fathers. Most of them did not view themselves as hero's as they saw their friends they had served with and lost as the real hero's.

You can rest now Major Winters, you did a pretty damn good job for your men.