wildcard451

Fraudulent study linking vaccines to Autism

http://www.cnn.com/2011/HEALTH/01/05/autism.vaccines/index.html?hpt=T1&iref=BN1
I wonder if people will start vaccinating their kids again now.

I'm kind of hoping Jenny McCarthy does a public mea culpa and public services announcements saying she was wrong and an idiot for being so vocal about it.

Somehow, I doubt that's going to happen.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

GYAAA! Not that we didn't already KNOW this, but the damage won't be undone easily. Too many people are too invested in his results....something to blame.

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

http://www.cnn.com/2011/HEALTH/01/05/autism.vaccines/index.html?hpt=T1&iref=BN1
I wonder if people will start vaccinating their kids again now.

I'm kind of hoping Jenny McCarthy does a public mea culpa and public services announcements saying she was wrong and an idiot for being so vocal about it.

Somehow, I doubt that's going to happen.

Seems like she may have already

http://www.hollywoodlife.com/2010/02/26/jenny-mccarthy-says-her-son-evan-never-had-autism/

GYAAA! Not that we didn't already KNOW this, but the damage won't be undone easily. Too many people are too invested in his results....something to blame.

linz

Bingo. As a pediatric nurse, I try to convince parents to vaccinate their children and many seem to have no interest in science, just the bullshit that Jenny and Oprah have pushed for years. Oprah was the first to push this bullshit 10 years ago and I would love to see her now retract her bullshit.

Jenny's child may have skewed her thinking, Oprah has no excuse.

Unfortunately there are some types of people with a conspiracist mentality about scientists and doctors. That they are an evil elite group, or are deliberately trying to make eveybody ill so they can continue to make $ off them, etc.

These are the types of people who fall for quack medicine hucksters who use slogans like : THE SECRET THE DOCTORS DON'T WANT YOU TO KNOW ABOUT!!!
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately there are some types of people with a conspiracist mentality about scientists and doctors. That they are an evil elite group, or are deliberately trying to make eveybody ill so they can continue to make $ off them, etc.

Parents with sick or impaired children are emotionally compromised. It's hard not to be.

It would be one thing if a flawed study showed a result that wasn't true - that can happen. But in this case, it was fraud to promote a political cause, and with unfortunate results. Too bad the Brits don't still have the stockades handy.

These are the types of people who fall for quack medicine hucksters who use slogans like : THE SECRET THE DOCTORS DON'T WANT YOU TO KNOW ABOUT!!!

HAHAHA!!! It's sad but true.
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail