dj123

Police ; Heroes or Hellions?

I've had my keys given back to me. That was a mistake that I don't entirely remember. But nobody got hurt. I was lucky enough to just spend the night in jail and pay $$ through the nose.

In the above situation, I was mostly an observer. Helped prank the guy, but that was it.
--
Rob

turned up the trolling to 11 did you?

Look, let's be adult.

As I've stated I'm not accusing you of anything ,rhaig.
Rather for my own education and yours, can you think of anyway this situation could have been handled differently?

We are talking about a Stoked first time jumper who stayed around to hang out with us.
We got him drunk on first timer beer.

Do we owe him some amount of Brotherhood?
Or do we set him up for police intervention?

Fair Winds and Unlimited Ceilings,
DJ

Look, let's be adult.

Rather for my own education and yours, can you think of anyway this situation could have been handled differently?

We are talking about a Stoked first time jumper who stayed around to hang out with us.

DJ

It sounds like there was some animosity after he did the asshoke thing.
Better counseling skills and more tolerance might have been a better answer.

BUT - neither you or i were there - maybe the guyy was insultiung his heritage repeatedly, maybe he was so beligerant that he deserved what he got.

You can lead a horse to water, but if he calls the cops and demands that you return an unlawfully seized item like his keys, then you must oblige.

it still seems that the situation might have been better handled with a lighter attitude and an explination from the uniformed cops, while leaving the off duty cop out of it.

Perhaps just a Public Intoxication or something close would have helped him out better than a multi thousand dollar DUI.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Look, let's be adult.

DJ

It sounds like there was some animosity after he did the asshoke thing.
Better counseling skills and more tolerance might have been a better answer.

BUT - neither you or i were there - maybe the guyy was insultiung his heritage repeatedly, maybe he was so beligerant that he deserved what he got.

You can lead a horse to water, but if he calls the cops and demands that you return an unlawfully seized item like his keys, then you must oblige.

it still seems that the situation might have been better handled with a lighter attitude and an explination from the uniformed cops, while leaving the off duty cop out of it.

Perhaps just a Public Intoxication or something close would have helped him out better than a multi thousand dollar DUI.

I agree. Perhaps the freindly police ,including the jumping cop could have talked to the guy.
Maybe they did.
Let's hear more on this from rhaig .

Blue Skies,
DJ

Well, at least they set up it get him before he could drive onto the streets...that is a BIG plus!

Meanwhile, anyone have an opinion of Cops?

Assholes or Saviors?

As a biker, I have run into both, only had problems with a few (usually female cops) Many of them seem to power trip...or simply hate men of all kinds!

Well, at least they set up it get him before he could drive onto the streets...that is a BIG plus!

Assholes or Saviors?

As a biker, I have run into both, only had problems with a few (usually female cops) Many of them seem to power trip...or simply hate men of all kinds!

You know ,along time ago, when people knew what a helmet 100 yds down the road from a bike on the shoulder meant,
cops were a lot more prejudiced against bikers than they are today. I don't know how long you've been riding or jumping, but I 've been on a bike since 1979.
I've had my share of decent cops doing the job they were hired to do and I've run into a quite a few cops who overstepped their state authorized authority. I remember the incidents as about 50/50.
Is that good enough?
That about half the time I have interactions with the police they seem to be less than professional?
What would I expect the next time I have interaction with one of them?
Ofcourse that's just my observance.

I'm interested in hearing about the experiences of others.

Blue Skies,
DJ

Assholes or Saviors?

I was a firefighter for 25 years and I worked along side many cops. I've had several "meetings" with them over the years, usually a traffic stop. The majority of the time they were prefessional, decent people. I do recall one where the guy was totally a dick. He was so bad that the other cops I knew said he was an asshole who would give his mother a ticket. One very memorable experience I had was in 1977. Me and two friends had the "munchies" one evening so we drove to Wendy's to ease our cravings. I got pulled by an unmarked car. The officer was a detective. He checked my DL and registration, asked what we were doing, etc. I was polite and respectful. He was too. He asked to look in the trunk. No prob. I popped it. He said "What is that?" while looking at my new skydiving rig. I told him. He was like, cool! Mind if I look in the car. My asshole puckerd up tight. I hope he doesn't look under the front seat. He looked under the seats, in the glove box. Then said, "reason I stopped you is theres been a series of burglaries in this area and your car matched the description. Then he sent us on our way. So, for this cop, he was either super cool, or he didn't see the baggie under my seat. :ph34r:

Blue Skies,
DJ

I've said all I'll say on the matter.

to recap. (nothing new here) once the guy called the cops, it was between him, the cops and the DZM, I was an observer. We had him convinced to stay the night at the DZ, then he went all asshat and called the cops because he couldn't find his car that was 100yd into the landing area instead of in the middle of the tarmac where people were playing BBall.

we pranked him like we might prank each other. He just didn't take it well.
--
Rob

Blue Skies,
DJ

I've said all I'll say on the matter.

to recap. (nothing new here) once the guy called the cops, it was between him, the cops and the DZM, I was an observer. We had him convinced to stay the night at the DZ, then he went all asshat and called the cops because he couldn't find his car that was 100yd into the landing area instead of in the middle of the tarmac where people were playing BBall.

we pranked him like we might prank each other. He just didn't take it well.

Sounds to me like, someone couldn't handle their beer and got a litttle 'tough love'. :D:D:D

Chuck

In the above situation, I was mostly an observer. Helped prank the guy, but that was it.

You "helped prank the" first time jumper but then never felt a duty to look out for him?

Blues,
DJ

The thing people often forget in these situations is that the one who left drunk may have been more sober than the people you apparently feel should have stopped him.