dreamdancer

Israeli plan to build hundreds of homes in West Bank settlement risks US anger

That's what I get for posting from my phone. I missed the "as a Jewish State" part. Pretty significant point. I can see where there would be problems with that. BUT, has Abbas recognized Israel as a state?

In general I don't oppose aid to Israel or a number of other countries. However, handing over Billions of dollars worth of state-of-the-art fighters just to get them to stop building is ridiculous.

As for Israel as an impediment to peace, yep, they're the worst, right after all those people that are still attacking them on a regular basis.

But most importantly, I'm still looking for an answer to this:

What are the incentives for Israel to sit down and make concessions during peace talks when the folks they're talking to can't or won't reign in the ones that are actually attacking Israel?

witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

That's what I get for posting from my phone. I missed the "as a Jewish State" part. Pretty significant point. I can see where there would be problems with that. BUT, has Abbas recognized Israel as a state?

In general I don't oppose aid to Israel or a number of other countries. However, handing over Billions of dollars worth of state-of-the-art fighters just to get them to stop building is ridiculous.

As for Israel as an impediment to peace, yep, they're the worst, right after all those people that are still attacking them on a regular basis.

What are the incentives for Israel to sit down and make concessions during peace talks when the folks they're talking to can't or won't reign in the ones that are actually attacking Israel?

Have you noticed any of the Israel haters yet that have addressed all the lands and homes and possesions stolen from the Jews that were being expelled or murdered all across the muslim world in the 1940's to the 1960's?

The silence is deafening in that respect.. not even crickets on that one.:S

You say building is the reason why there are no peace talks.
so tell me something...
Israel had a settlement freeze that lasted for 10 months. why did the Palestinians wait until the last month to resume negotiations?

I think building there is a waste of time and money but saying that is a reason not to talk is naive and stupid. when there was a freeze, they made up other reasons. there will always be reasons if one is looking for any...
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."

you'll find jews were being murdered in their millions all across the christian world in the thirties and forties.

(strange how you forget that)

You don't seem to have a problem with that outcome from your posting history.

This was AFTER the germans and their allies got their shot... of which the Mufti of Jerusalam was one. Look it up... OH thats right... its not gonna be on alterNut.net

so tell me something...
Israel had a settlement freeze that lasted for 10 months. why did the Palestinians wait until the last month to resume negotiations?

I think building there is a waste of time and money but saying that is a reason not to talk is naive and stupid. when there was a freeze, they made up other reasons. there will always be reasons if one is looking for any...

You should not bother to explain facts to certain people. They can't seem to be able to fit them to their very narrow and intolerant point of view. To them, raising children with hatred to a set of people willing to sacrifice themselves in acts deemed unfit in the civilized world is the same as building actual homes and places of business oh the horror....
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

you'll find jews were being murdered in their millions all across the christian world in the thirties and forties.

oh no - not another nasty personal attack from amazon - how unusual.
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

oh no - not another nasty personal attack from amazon - how unusual.

Since when is coming to a conclusion based on prior posts a personal attack?
I agree with her.

Your posting history leaves no room for any other conclusion.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

you two are off your rockers. would you like to spell out explicitly what you're accusing me of? - no i didn't think so.

Not when you answer your own questions.

But then you often do seem to be talking to yourself.

Actually, yes, I'd love to spell it out . . . Exactly . . . but I have been warned . . . and I must not tell the truth, no matter how true it is.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

I see them as equal. The reason I put the impetus on Israel at this particular moment is that they have an opportunity to to sit down at the peace table and they're choosing to build instead. If you want peace why not just chill out on the building permits, get the Palestinians to the table and see where it goes? If you don't really care because you're the more powerful and you're still subscribing to Sharon's cry to "grab every hill top" then you just thumb your nose at this opportunity.

If they want a peaceful two state solution then it's not going to happen unless you sit down at the table. After the agreements are made then you bring in the reinforcements (us) and apply an equally heavy hand on those who try to sabotage the decision. There are people on both sides who are going to try to use terror to interfere. Hard core Palestinians and pissed off settlers are likely to kill quite a few people. Prosecute each equally for a change.

so i was right - you're not going to spell it out. just make a silly little accusation and then run away. you and amazon should walk into the sunset now holding hands.

so i was right - you're not going to spell it out. just make a silly little accusation and then run away. you and amazon should walk into the sunset now holding hands.

Didn't say I wouldn't . . . when I want to get banned, I will spell it out for you in words of syllable count that you can understand, exactly as it is.

If they want a peaceful two state solution then it's not going to happen unless you sit down at the table. After the agreements are made then you bring in the reinforcements (us) and apply an equally heavy hand on those who try to sabotage the decision. There are people on both sides who are going to try to use terror to interfere. Hard core Palestinians and pissed off settlers are likely to kill quite a few people. Prosecute each equally for a change.

I didn't see Israeli settlers using terror and 'killing quite a few people' when the Israeli Army kicked them out of the settlements in Gaza and turned them over the the Palestinian people. Seem to have heard a few things about rockets being launched from there, though.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

so tell me something...

Does it matter? They want to sit at the peace table. I think someone should take them up on it. Like you said, the freeze was in effect for ten months. What's the big deal in extending it if there's a chance at arriving at some sort of solution?

Didn't say I wouldn't . . . when I want to get banned, I will spell it out for you in words of syllable count that you can understand, exactly as it is.

yawn...

I didn't see Israeli settlers using terror and 'killing quite a few people' when the Israeli Army kicked them out of the settlements in Gaza and turned them over the the Palestinian people. Seem to have heard a few things about rockets being launched from there, though.

There's a lot that people over here don't see or hear about. Here's a great site if you want a more fair and balanced approach to the situation.
http://www.btselem.org/English/

you two are off your rockers. would you like to spell out explicitly what you're accusing me of? - no i didn't think so.

Not when you answer your own questions.

But then you often do seem to be talking to yourself.

Actually, yes, I'd love to spell it out . . . Exactly . . . but I have been warned . . . and I must not tell the truth, no matter how true it is.:)

True Dat[:/]

Because I'm afraid its just another excuse.
If/when there is a freeze, something else will come up...

So, you choose not to try. I understand, those in the more powerful position have that luxury. Personally, I'd like Israel to try which is why I suggest that we tighten the purse strings until Netanyahu pays attention. (Not dole out military hardware for the promise of only 3months extension of the moratorium).

israel did just that and for 10 months the palestinians did nothing.
why dont you suggest they just come back to the table ?
10 months is enough to show its not the real reason. now they are just trying to set a new status quo

Because I'm afraid its just another excuse.
If/when there is a freeze, something else will come up...

So, you choose not to try. I understand, those in the more powerful position have that luxury. Personally, I'd like Israel to try which is why I suggest that we tighten the purse strings until Netanyahu pays attention. (Not dole out military hardware for the promise of only 3months extension of the moratorium).

you've never seen a party deliberately stall, rather than negotiate in good faith? It's SOP for NIMBYs that want to obstruct a development. They wait till the last hour, then complain about a missing EIR. Then after that process plods along and then loses, they raise another one. 10 years can pass.

10 months without showing is a pretty bad showing, esp when you're using that time to fire rockets with bombs.

10 months without showing is a pretty bad showing, esp when you're using that time to fire rockets with bombs.

to be fair, thats a completely different group of palestinians, which makes it even more difficult

to be fair, thats a completely different group of palestinians, which makes it even more difficult

Oh - so which group of Palestinians are they supposed to be at the table with then?