skyrider

In Search Of 72 Virgins

you want the whole monty ?

The whole Monty, dear Skip, is complete thoughts (preferably one's own) and cogent arguments (preferably one's own), expressed in complete and coherent (tall order, eh?) sentences, ordered together to compose complete paragraphs, more often than not beginning with capital letters, and with punctuation marks in their proper place, not a half a block down the road.

Now when you get around to something that even approaches that, people might start taking you seriously. Otherwise, you're doing little more than what a dog does when he barks at passing cars: a bit of noise, but virtually no meaning, and about as much sense.

He's does seem to be irritating you though or you would not respond to his post. :D And this is not the only one you have responded to in a similar fashion. :D:D

The decade of the 80's was from 1980 to 1989. 10 years. If you remove 1980 and 1989 you have 1981 to 1988. 8 years.

Couldn't he at least have done the smallest amount of reseach first?

Research?

If these people had any knowledge or at minimum the desire to enhance there knowledge you wouldn’t be seeing the same negative posts from the same posters over and over and over again. The same posters who make it so obvios they are clueless about islam and There proud to remain clueless.

The agenda is hate, the fuel is stupidity, and fear.

Research has nothing to do with it.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Because I don't believe the terrorist have ever claimed the "72 virgins" as aspect of terrorism is in the Quran.

Then why didn't one of them tell him it's not in there? Instead, they go looking for it.

Considering what they said in response, my guess is something was lost in translation and they were confused by the question. What they might have understood the question as was something like "tell us what justifies your martyrdom."

I don't know if you've ever had do deal with translation issues, but any time a person tries to work idiom into a conversation, it generally doesn't go well.

Yeah, That hits the nail on the head. No sense banging your head against the wall trying to get someone to get a clue. Sometimes it's like pissing in the wind. :)

I'm not the first, or even the second, but at least the third person to urge him to try to carry on a normal conversation. It's entirely his choice, of course.

Whatever dries though tears.

It's entirely your choice to respond or not.

_______
"1981 to 1988 is 7 years"-Kallend (oops, it's actually 8 years Kallend)

The decade of the 80's was from 1980 to 1989. 10 years. If you remove 1980 and 1989 you have 1981 to 1988. 8 years.

I'm not the first, or even the second, but at least the third person to urge him to try to carry on a normal conversation. It's entirely his choice, of course.

OMG, it's catching...

OMG, it's catching...

Except I'm not the one whining. Just pointing out the whiners. B|

_______
"1981 to 1988 is 7 years"-Kallend (oops, it's actually 8 years Kallend)

As I said I'm PMs, you can either fix the formatting issues in your posts or they will be deleted.

This will be your LAST warning. Any futher posts with the same formatting issues that cause the text to run beyond the boundries of the normal web site width WILL be simply deleted.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

It is required reading every year in school, along with Religion (believe it or not that’s a different subject), plus Arabic (so you do not need translation and can read original) in Iran where I have lived half of my life in a Muslim country surrounded by Muslims.

I would never claim to be an expert or have memorized it, but I would say I know it well.

I also have no issue with people who are uninformed I don’t pretend to know every thing.

However people like the OP (Original poster) seem to post as they are trying to make a statement yet they forget the fundamentals of attempting to make a VALID statement.
That is
One must at the very minimum know what the fuck he/she is talking about.

If not its best to STFU and ask people about the things you don;t know and not tell them how it is because you watch nothing but FOX.
Or simply just STFU and no one will notice that you might be mentally disabled.

Simple life lessons for free.:)

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Do I really need to give you a muslim world class here in few words? Well, let's start with Palestine and Afghanistan, where most people do not write or read Arabic. The premise is the same as in the medieval times where preachers told whatever they wanted to from the sacred book, misinforming the followers. Is this a difficult concept for you to grasp?

Imam at-Tirmidhi in his "Sunan" Volume IV describes the houri and rewards. And also quoted by Ibn Kathir in his Tafsir (Qur'anic Commentary) of Surah Qur'an 55:72

Abdel Hameed Shehadeh (considered a terrorist albeit small leader), tried to recruit american muslim, like our own Darius, where he spoke of an afterlife with 72 virgins, according to FBI investigations.

Good reads Martin Gilbert's "in Ishmael's house: a History of Jews in Muslim lands". Tarek Fatah is also a well known scholar, who seems to be a calm head in the muslim world. But then again, their voices are rather few, in the sea of hate that muslim extremisms swims in.

Good luck in living in your world, where the muslim fundamentalism threat is not present.
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

Do I really need to give you a muslim world class here in few words? Well, let's start with Palestine and Afghanistan, where most people do not write or read Arabic.

I doubt 1 in 1,000,000 people in the US know how to read Aramaic, but that doesn't stop Christians and Jews from reading the Bible and trusting the translations and interpretations of their religious leaders either.

Your point doesn't seem to hold water.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I would never claim to be an expert or have memorized it, but I would say I know it well.

I also have no issue with people who are uninformed I don’t pretend to know every thing.

.:)

you are really funny, so there are no fatwas from Imams dictating the killing of infidels/sacriledge/whatever you want to call us, no wahabi sunnis calling for global jihad, no intolerance towards any other religions (particularly where you are from), the exclusion of non muslim/gays, etc in certain muslim cities around the world. Absolutely nothing of that is going on in any islamic country, no stoning of adulterous women, who live as 3rd class citizens deprived of rights...yeah, I never saw that happened in the countries I lived...:S
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

Please show me where terrorist leader have claimed that the Quran says terrorists will receive 72 virgins by becoming martyrs.

So please, SHOW ME where terrorist make the claim.

Imam at-Tirmidhi in his "Sunan" Volume IV describes the houri and rewards. And also quoted by Ibn Kathir in his Tafsir (Qur'anic Commentary) of Surah Qur'an 55:72
Abdel Hameed Shehadeh, tried to recruit american muslim, like our own Darius, where he spoke of an afterlife with 72 virgins, according to FBI investigations.

Good reads Martin Gilbert's "in Ishmael's house: a History of Jews in Muslim lands". Tarek Fatah is also a well known scholar, who seems to be a calm head in the muslim world. But then again, their voices are rather few, in the sea of hate that muslim extremisms swims in.

Good luck in living in your world, where the muslim fundamentalism threat is not present.
It is not in the Quran, but rather the teachings of the Quran.

Your point doesn't seem to hold water.

This Part?

where the muslim fundamentalism threat is not present

I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

let's start with Palestine and Afghanistan, where most people do not write or read Arabic.

If by "Palestine" you mean only Gaza and the West Bank, then the literacy rate in both Gaza and the West Bank is 91.9%. You can be certain that that literacy is in the local native language, which is Arabic. If you mean Palestine to include the nation-state of Israel, too, which has an overall 95.4% literacy rate, ethnic Arabs in Israel speak Arabic as their first language, and most of them are schooled predominantly in Arabic.

http://www.mrdowling.com/800literacy.html

You are right, when I first posted, I meant to say 2 examples, one where the language is arabic, and mostly literate, the other one lacking literacy, and not having arabic.

Bottome line is that no matter how literate they are, the teachings in some madrasas is still fundamentalist, with aims for Global Jihad. And there has been plenty of examples, where the tapes of the suicide bomber glorify Jihad, the parents are proud, they claim they'll go to paradise, and in some cases that they will find virgins, be it one, or millions. That must come from somewhere don't you think?

On a side note about middle east affairs, Christian Palestinian, the rare and few, the most predominantly forsaken by their own countrymen, are never heard of, for whatever the case is, and they are at the very bottom of the social structure. Why not even palestinians try to defend them? Care to elaborate?

I got a plausible answer if you'd like to hear it.

Sure, I made them up, according to you. The teachings and the preachings are just a figment of my imagination, there has been no instances that a simple drawing or art, that in some shape or form reflect anything in Islam, that some extremist (and in some cases middle of the road?) muslims decry death!!! Or Imams (do you need this explained?) declaring death fatwas (let me know if you understand this term too). Sure, these things have never occurred according to your point of view.

All is well in Islamic societies, women are independent, the have more rights than men, there is plenty of tolerance of other religions, even sinagogues building up in Pakistan, Afghanistan, Indonesia, Saudi Arabia (including in Medina), Kuwait, UAE, Yemen. There are no laws that condemn to death people who are gay, or adulterers, or unmarried females, or people preaching the bible to muslims, there is just love. Those places, would make you feel like you are in San Francisco.

Is this clear enough?

Sure, I made them up, according to you.

I suggested no such thing; chill your persecution complex.
You said something about Christian Palestinian society. I didn't know what specific facts you're referring to; and thus, I'm wasn't able to offer an analysis. So I invited you to do exactly what you offered to do: explain the facts, and explain what conclusions can be drawn from those facts.

Considering what they said in response, my guess is something was lost in translation and they were confused by the question. What they might have understood the question as was something like "tell us what justifies your martyrdom."

I don't know if you've ever had do deal with translation issues, but any time a person tries to work idiom into a conversation, it generally doesn't go well.

From the conversation in the recording it does not seem anything was lost in the interpretation. Pretty clear from the interpreter's response that they understood what they were being asked; especially since they conceded that although virgins are mentioned, the number 72 is not.

Yes, I work with translators (written word) and interpreters (spoken word) a lot. You can visit my work at:

www.dialog-one.com
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley