Kennedy

Islamofascism versus Islamophobia

The biggest American incidence of Islamofascism(9/11) has messed less with the American way of life than Islamophobia has, to my way of thinking. As a nation, our way of life was not impacted all that much, unless you travel by air.

Tolerance of religious differences has been a cornerstone of the US since its inception. And the single act of Islamofascism seems to have unleashed a real torrent of Islamophobia. Not that it wasn't there, but the general religious tolerance made it unacceptable to voice that out loud. Now folks are very comfortable saying it out loud, which, in the long run, will reduce the religiously tolerant behavior.

And behavior is the key to the American way of life. No one can ever control what you think. But they can make things uncomfortable enough for religion that it becomes a secret thing that you have to hide. What a damn shame.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

The biggest American incidence of Islamofascism(9/11) has messed less with the American way of life than Islamophobia has, to my way of thinking. As a nation, our way of life was not impacted all that much, unless you travel by air.

Tolerance of religious differences has been a cornerstone of the US since its inception. And the single act of Islamofascism seems to have unleashed a real torrent of Islamophobia. Not that it wasn't there, but the general religious tolerance made it unacceptable to voice that out loud. Now folks are very comfortable saying it out loud, which, in the long run, will reduce the religiously tolerant behavior.

And behavior is the key to the American way of life. No one can ever control what you think. But they can make things uncomfortable enough for religion that it becomes a secret thing that you have to hide. What a damn shame.

Wendy P.

. . . Once again Wendy pully the whole - "This is the right thing" - that everyone is thinking deep down and puts words to it.

Thanks Wendy . . . I am not (Obviously) as eloquent as you, and cannot articulate as well.:)
Either that or i just don't take the time that you do with a thesaurus and a dictionary and think things through . . .

I'm going with the former though.

;)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

There you go, ruining a perfectly good poop flinging session. :P

I happen to agree on pretty much all counts. What I wonder is just how apocalyptic the bin Laden type whackos really are. What I mean is I wonder if they expected the surge in opposition to Islam here in the states. I have to wonder at their end game. You think they're happy that a lot of folks damn near hate the idea of Muslim neighbors?

3000 dead Americans, a hiccup in the stock market, and a few wasted hours for every flyer, a massive campaign to wipe them out, some new recruiting paper. Does that add up to a win in their minds? I know they don't put much (any?) value on human life, rights, or comfort, but the people they hurt most are the average Joes and Janes (Abduls and A'ishahs).

witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Return to your regularly schedule poop flinging monkey fight of a thread.

LMAO:D:D:D

I thought so too. That's Speaker's Corner in a nutshell. :D:D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

If there were no Islamofascists, there would be no Islamophobia.

Have you ever heard of anyone being Eskimophobic? No, I didn't think so.
Because Eskimos don't go around committing acts of terrorism.

News: 2 Yemenis From U.S. Suspected of Terror Plot
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/08/31/dutch-question-men-arrested-terror-suspicion-flight-chicago-amsterdam/?test=latestnews

But stories like this one keep popping up, over and over and over again...

Have you ever heard of anyone being Eskimophobic? No, I didn't think so.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/montreal/story/2010/06/03/villeray-inuit-transit-house.html

Montreal Inuit housing faces opposition

Plans to build accommodations for Inuit from Northern Quebec who have travelled to Montreal for health care are encountering serious opposition.

Inuit officials encounter discrimination

Currently, Inuit who travel to Montreal for health care stay in seven different locations across the city.

Officials with the Nunavik regional health board, which has been working on the Villeray facility, said they have encountered discrimination and many misperceptions in the community.

Nunavik health board chairperson Alacie Arngak told CBC News that the borough's mayor and councillors would not even shake her hand at a recent meeting.

Speaking in Inuktitut, Arngak described that meeting as the coldest and meanest meeting she had ever attended.

Some of what the council had said seemed like racist statements against Inuit, with some members implying that the medical centre would attract criminals, drug and alcohol abusers, Arngak said.

===========================

http://www.usccr.gov/pubs/sac/ak0402/main.htm

Racism’s Frontier: The Untold Story of Discrimination and Division in Alaska

Alaska Advisory Committee to the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights

April 2002

Officials with the Nunavik regional health board said they have encountered discrimination and many misperceptions in the community. Nunavik health board chairperson Alacie Arngak told CBC News that the borough's mayor and councillors would not even shake her hand at a recent meeting.

Gosh, so some people don't like them, yet they don't go around harpooning everyone in retaliation.
Like I said, Eskimos aren't terrorists. Maybe the Islamofascists should take a lesson from the Eskimos.

Maybe the Islamofascists should take a lesson from the Eskimos.

Maybe you should learn the lesson that this:
http://www.edp.edu.sg/YOG_countries/Syria/708-11-syrian-1990-arab-family.jpg

...is not the same as this:
http://www.darleenclick.com/weblog/archives/terrorist_kidnappers-thumb.jpg

I never said that they were, sweetie pie. Please don't go putting words in the ol' Skypiggie's mouth that she never said. We were talkin' about Islamofascists here. That's the 2nd photo folks, not the first. Why is it so many of you guys have to portray those of us who speak out against Muslim terrorists, as if we're against all muslims? You really shouldn't try to tar me with that kind of extrapolation, because it ain't there.

Why is it so many of you guys have to portray those of us who speak out against Muslim terrorists, as if we're against all muslims?

Because by labeling like that, they can minimize the argument.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Why is it so many of you guys have to portray those of us who speak out against Muslim terrorists, as if we're against all muslims?

Because by labeling like that, they can minimize the argument.

I believe the argument HAS to be minimized that way . . . they need the space. They haven't upgraded to a quality storage system since JFK was in office.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun