dreamdancer

Watch: What a Legal Pot Economy Would Look Like

Yep, so much for assumptions. Maybe the pic I pulled off the web will help.

survey 100 people as to what a Belgium Draft is, and I see the beer beating the horse by a Texas mile.

There are restaurants whose entire theme is Belgium beers.

If you can't understand/accept that people choose to drink beer for non medical purposes, you're certainly not going to understand those who choose to smoke (any substance).

To me it just shows an inability to cope with day-to-day problems.

Who says that everyone is using drugs as a method to cope with problems? Sure, a chunk of regular drug users are, but there are copious other reasons that lead to self indulgence.

Don't suppose anyone has ever heard of nootropics? It is basically a class of drug, both synthetic and natural, that is purported to enhance cognitive processes. Some writers/artists/etc claim that pot allows them to view the world in a different way, providing them with inspiration. And seeings as how marijuana does chemically change your brain for the duration of the high, it doesn't seem like that farfetched of a claim.

Also, take Kary Mullis, a biochemist and Nobel laureate, for example. While high on LSD, something clicked in his brain that gave him the idea that lead to the invention of the polymerase chain reaction technique. The technique allows for the amplification of DNA, which makes possible disease diagnosis/treatment, genetic fingerprinting, cloning, you name it.... In fact, if you look at most of the major technological & artistic advances we have made in the last two decades, you'll see that the pioneers behind them were products of the 60s drug culture. Steve Jobs & Steve Wozniak w/ personal computers, Stuart Bran & the internet, works of literature by authors such as Hunter Thompson, Ken Kesey, amazing music such as the beatles, doors, Jimmy Hendrix.... the list just keeps going on and on.... you get the idea.

Anywho, moral of the story is that there are many reasons people use drugs. It is their body to make the decision. And if the government would stop being repressive, they could step in and regulate the drugs, allowing for rules & regulations to make drug use safe, as well as collecting mass amounts of taxes off said drugs. It's really a win win situation.

Eh, cute. Though i agree it should be legalized, I will never understand why people have to chemically alter their brain function to feel better whether it be with alcohol, weed, or other drugs. To me it just shows an inability to cope with day-to-day problems.

And here I always thought your screen name had something to do with beer. So much for assumptions....

I thought it was the Belgian draft horse his name was referencing. Smaller than a clydesdale, but not by much.

Looks like a pantomime horse to me.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Eh, cute. Though i agree it should be legalized, I will never understand why people have to chemically alter their brain function to feel better whether it be with alcohol, weed, or other drugs. To me it just shows an inability to cope with day-to-day problems.

You could say exactly the same thing about any non-productive activity that people do for fun.

Why smoke, why drink, why skydive, why run, why climb, why fly... If people didn't do anything to 'feel better' we'd all just go to work, go shopping, come back home and sit in a dark room until it was time to go to work again.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

With respect to those who self-medicate their problems, you may be right. But the flaw in your logic is the erroneous premise that those who "chemically alter their brain function to feel better" necessarily are self-medicating problems.

What other reason would you give other than medical use?

Pure fun, dude.

I swear to god I thought you were a beer.

Sounds like what wuffos say about skydiving.

Ahhhh...so regardless of the real reason for choosing my screen name, it becomes moot because most people don't take the time to inquire as to its meaning. Nice.

I don't give a rats ass whether anybody smokes pot or not. Like others here have said...it is their body to do with as they see fit. Have at it. Just don't drive while your high or do anything else that would put somebody elses life at risk unless they KNOW you are high and don't care.

All kinds of excuses for recreationally experimenting with drugs. Everything from "just for kicks" to "it lets you see things in a different way".
All cop-outs and all BS. :P

HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

All kinds of excuses for recreationally experimenting with drugs. Everything from "just for kicks" to "it lets you see things in a different way".
All cop-outs and all BS.

Again, a very large portion of non-jumpers would say the exact same thing about skydiving (hell, a lot of skydivers even say the same thing about BASE). Human beings partake in an incredible range of activities that are, in the long term, likely to be detrimental to health and longevity for the simple reason that they enjoy doing them. Recreational drug use is one of the oldest, most widespread and universal of those practices across the whole of humanity.

With the vast majority of all humans who have ever lived being unable to cope with day-to-day problems it's a wonder we've come this far...
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

With the vast majority of all humans who have ever lived being unable to cope with day-to-day problems it's a wonder we've come this far...

I would say it is more like a miracle than a wonder. ;)
HAMMER:

Ahhhh...so regardless of the real reason for choosing my screen name, it becomes moot because most people don't take the time to inquire as to its meaning. Nice.

If a gal picks a screen name with "slut" or "tramp" in it, she shouldn't be surprised if people flock to her hoping to see her flash her tits.

And if you go to a site renowned for sex, drinking and partying and pick a name with "draft" in it, never mind with the additional label of a country know for beer, yeah, don't be surprised when people presume it's a beer. Doesn't help that your tiny avatar of a horse head on doesn't register. Side profile would work better.

> All kinds of excuses for recreationally experimenting with drugs.

An excuse is what you call an explanation you don't agree with. Reality is that those people don't really have to justify it to you. I suspect most pot smokers aren't experimenting either. They're just enjoying, same as the drinkers and tobacco smokers.

CA has had "medical" (cough, cough, bullshit!) pot for quite a few years now. It's already more than halfway to legalization here. We're not suffering carnage on the roads from it. The problems we have still come primarily from crime associated with trafficking. And the costs of jailing users.

I live in Richmond, VA home of the tobacco industry. I know a couple of people that work for one of the large tobacco companies here in Richmond. One guy in particular is an engineer and he told me a few weeks ago that they have already been discussing how to convert some of the machines from tobacco to weed to roll, package and ship packs of joints like a pack of cigs. He said based on some of their research that this would greatly increase the profits and that it would readily replace the large number of people quitting cigs.
I guess the ironic thing is that weed is pretty much the onluy drug that does not have to soem how be manufactured into a final product. It does not have to be fermented, brewed, processed or design in a lab or factory or in some drug companies R & D deapartment. All you got to do is walk over pull it out of the ground , let it dry and smoke away. I hope someday the ignorance and narrow minded people stop making decisions for me.
Rodriguez Brother #1626
Dudiest Skydiver #1962
DPH #-2

The basis of Prohibition is the belief that the adult citizen cannot be trusted to run his or her own life.

It goes against the basic philosophy under which the USA was founded.

Hence the new health care bill.....
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

If a gal picks a screen name with "slut" or "tramp" in it, she shouldn't be surprised if people flock to her hoping to see her flash her tits.

And if you go to a site renowned for sex, drinking and partying and pick a name with "draft" in it, never mind with the additional label of a country know for beer, yeah, don't be surprised when people presume it's a beer. Doesn't help that your tiny avatar of a horse head on doesn't register. Side profile would work better.

> All kinds of excuses for recreationally experimenting with drugs.

An excuse is what you call an explanation you don't agree with. Reality is that those people don't really have to justify it to you. I suspect most pot smokers aren't experimenting either. They're just enjoying, same as the drinkers and tobacco smokers.

CA has had "medical" (cough, cough, bullshit!) pot for quite a few years now. It's already more than halfway to legalization here. We're not suffering carnage on the roads from it. The problems we have still come primarily from crime associated with trafficking. And the costs of jailing users.

Ok, let me get this straight.....you don't want people telling you what you can and can't do to your own body (I agree with you on that) yet you want to tell me what i can and can't have for a screen name because you can't or won't take the time to even ASK what it means.
Who said this site was renowned for sex, drinking and partying???? If you look around you will see that those three topics cover a very small fraction of what is discussed in these forums. Of course, if that is what you come here looking to find then that is all you will see.
My experience has been that people who drink will offer you a drink. If you tell them "No thanks, i don't drink" they will offer you an alternative beverage such as soda or water. People who light up a joint, on the other hand, more times than not will keep asking if you want a hit. They don't seem to understand that "no" means "no". Who knows why. I sure don't. Hell, maybe it's my long hair. After all, any guy whose hair reaches below their collar just HAS to smoke dope, right?
HAMMER:

People who light up a joint, on the other hand, more times than not will keep asking if you want a hit. They don't seem to understand that "no" means "no". Who knows why. I sure don't. Hell, maybe it's my long hair. After all, any guy whose hair reaches below their collar just HAS to smoke dope, right?

Is this based on personal experience? If it is, quit creeping on the rotation with your creepy hippie hair. If it not, then you're full of shit.
ZC OG

My personal view is it is an ancient medicine plant. Any substance can be abused...food, sugar,high fructose corn syrup and even water will kill you if you drink to much.
It's a plant for fucks sake. Does anyone know that salt kills people as well.
Juicing the cannabis plant gives you high doses of the CBD's and very little THC (read doesn't get you high) and guess what...it shrinks tumors.
All you do gooders go to your AMA docs and think the poison they give you is fine and eat that GMO crap but a natural plant, you must be drug addict...everything a human ingests affects the body and mind.

Wake the fuck up people!

BTW read the California initiative. It has mandatory 3-7 years in prison if you fuck up. That's not legalization.

It's the corporate takeover of cannabis production.

No more mom and pop farms if that one passes.

I'm voting no to that.

"Mans got to know his limitations"
Harry Callahan

you get jail time if you sell em to minor,,,, try reading the whole initiative next time.

only ones to vote NO on the subject are
1. Hard core right hand republicans
2. Hard core Christians
3. Pot farmer
4. Dispensary owner.
Bernie Sanders for President 2016