AndyBoyd

AZ immigration law overturned

No I can comprehend quite well thank you very much.

But I just can't comprehend why elitists continue to support puppet presidents that ignore illegal immigrants all because these puppets and their loyal lemmings believe that ignoring the issue will win them votes from a certain ethnic demographic community.

Remember unlike you, I know GWB was a puppet, just as your messiah Obama is a puppet now. Both of these fools (as well as the fools who preceded them) all chose to ignore this nasty little issue America has of not knowing who is actually in their country. Both of these fools ignore illegal immigration because they both thought it would win them votes in their lust for power.

Change my ass. The only difference between GWB and Obama is that Obama has better skills reading a teleprompter. But what do you expect. They come from the same family. Obama and GWB are distant cousins. America is not a democracy. It is a perverted monarchy. When is Princess Chelsea getting married again? Is her soon to be husband also related to GWB and Obama? You know the Clintons always feel left out whenever the Bush's and Obama's hold their family reunions. :ph34r:

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I, a white male, gets pulled over w/o PC or lic/reg issues, the case gets tossed for illegal search / seizure. Now, same scenario with a brown person who is a legal citizen; the officer can argue he had RS to pull over and he thought the driver was illegal and the evidence of whatever was seized stands. That amounts to a 14th violation; unconstitutional.

You're in good company with your opinion - AG Holder hasn't read the law in question, either.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Here is the Opinion. I skimmed it, very briefly. It seems to focus on the federal preemption issue. For those who are not lawyers, the basic idea the Court focused on is that the federal Constitution gives the federal government the exclusive power to regulate immigration. State laws that attempt to do that are therefore superceded by federal law.

Here's a brief quote from the Opinion:

"The United States primarily asserts that the statutory provisions contained in S.B. 1070
are preempted by federal law. The Supremacy Clause of the United States Constitution makes
federal law “the supreme law of the land.” U.S. Const. art. VI, cl. 2. The Supreme Court has
consistently ruled that the federal government has broad and exclusive authority to regulate
immigration, supported by both enumerated and implied constitutional powers."

Here's the entire Opinion:

http://www.azd.uscourts.gov/azd/courtinfo.nsf/983700DFEE44B56B0725776E005D6CCB/$file/10-1413-87.pdf?openelement

The Court issued a preliminary injunction. This means that further proceedings will be necessary before the Court issues a permanent injunction. I believe Arizona can appeal the preliminary injunction. Arizona can defintely appeal a permanent injunction, if and when it happens.

I just caught a brief glimpse of the news.

Gov. Brewer is now counter sueing the federal gov to enforce the federal laws since they have taken the jurisdiction away from the state, or so she says.

Anyone seen any details of the counter suit?
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

Not that I can see, unless it hasn't hit the Internet at all. So far, AFAIK, it's just AZ's appeal of the federal trial court's preliminary injunction. But if you can find a link, let us know.

Actually, Brewer is now reported as looking into changing the sections of the law that were stopped by the injunction.
Remster