RALFFERS

I'm becoming an atheist

Why would god need to work in "mysterious ways" when it would just be so much more simple for him to come right out and say it?

Cause you're not God dip shit.

Can you see how that reply doesn't actually address the question?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I gave you the answer bitch....fuckin listen.

Jesus mother fuckin H Christ....

That's how...

and if you think that's taking the Lord's name in vain, then I'll preach to you what vanity really is.

(did yall get all that? Might have to scroll through postings)
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

That's how...

and if you think that's taking the Lord's name in vain, then I'll preach to you what vanity really is.

The Mitzva is actually in Hebrew, which has meaning at which the English transliteration only hints.

Far from knowing the answers, you have yet to comprehend the questions in the first place.

I find it so touching that all the Pagan tribes fancy themselves followers of Cousin Jesus - through the hard work of the the Romans who killed him.

The Hebrew Scriptures are family lore and tradition, and not meant for universal consumption. You would not understand.

The Christian Scriptures are cherry-picked redacted hogwash of dubious origin, and, though appended as the "new," are entirely unrelated to the "old" Hebrew Scriptures.

The bottom line is that everything you think you know is wrong.

BSBD,

Winsor

That's how...

For peace loving Christian you are very angry and hostile.

Why would god need to work in "mysterious ways" when it would just be so much more simple for him to come right out and say it?

Cause you're not God dip shit.

Calling people "dip shit" because they disagree with you? I see this "God" thing is really working out for you. :S

>Nope, you don't get away that easy. Everybody creates the reality they
>live in based on beliefs that make sense to them. Some of those belief
>are false causing the reality to destabilize. Other beliefs that are true
>producing a rock solid unwavering reality.

Reality is a rock solid unwavering state of affairs. It is only your perception of that reality that changes.

>Nope, you don't get away that easy. Everybody creates the reality they
>live in based on beliefs that make sense to them. Some of those belief
>are false causing the reality to destabilize. Other beliefs that are true
>producing a rock solid unwavering reality.

Reality is a rock solid unwavering state of affairs. It is only your perception of that reality that changes.

Ones perception can alter reality.

If someone thinks someone is cheating on them or that someone doesn't like them, their actions towards that person could cause that to become true, even if it wasn't prior.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

>Ones perception can alter reality.

No, only their perceived reality.

>If someone thinks someone is cheating on them or that someone
>doesn't like them, their actions towards that person could cause that to
>become true, even if it wasn't prior.

Agreed. But that is because their ACTIONS have consequences. If they behaved exactly the same way, but did not believe that they were being cheated on, the results would be the same.

In other words, it is not anyone's perceptions that matter; it is what they do. (However, knowing what to do is surely based on perceptions, so they are still quite important in making decisions on how to act.)

Calling people "dip shit" because they disagree with you? I see this "God" thing is really working out for you.

That is just a nibit of who I am without God.

maybe you don't need him...but I do.

Calling people "dip shit" because they disagree with you? I see this "God" thing is really working out for you.

That is just a nibit of who I am without God.

maybe you don't need him...but I do.

That's really sad. You need an imaginary friend to keep you in check.

Then neither do you. :P

You only have to believe or have faith in things that can't be tested/proven. Meaning one can live a long fulfilling happy life without any faith or belief. :)
Or one can choose to believe in things such a karma and fate but not in higher powers.

Or they can have faith and believe in whatever other people tell them without proof.

You are right, myself included. If the reality we create for ourselves produces all of the things mankind longs for, then that reality and the principles it is based on is vindicated.

Then neither do you. :P

You only have to believe or have faith in things that can't be tested/proven. Meaning one can live a long fulfilling happy life without any faith or belief. :)
Or one can choose to believe in things such a karma and fate but not in higher powers.

Or they can have faith and believe in whatever other people tell them without proof.

You are right, myself included. If the reality we create for ourselves produces all of the things mankind longs for, then that reality and the principles it is based on is vindicated.

Religion isn't a natural longing, it's a learned and conditioned one like most products and services.

Just as if someone isn't going to long for a Big Mac or a skydive if they didn't know they existed, they wouldn't for religion either.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Religion isn't a natural longing, it's a learned and conditioned one like most products and services.

Just as if someone isn't going to long for a Big Mac or a skydive if they didn't know they existed, they wouldn't for religion either.

"Religion" is man made. I agree, it is a bunch of crap. Besides having physical flesh and blood bodies, we also have a spiritual component. As there are laws in physics and chemistry that define the properties of our physical bodies there are spiritual laws that define our spiritual being. Psychology and philosophy try to address our spiritual issues but, like religion, is man made and falls short. It is the rare person who doesn't have physical as well as spiritual needs that must be met in order to survive.

As Christopher Hitchens would so eloquently say, " More Babble!"

Penn Jillette has a good discription of this also....:P
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."
"Because figuring things out is always better than making shit up."

More Babble!

very well:

All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23). Man was created to have fellowship with God but, because of his stubborn self will, he chose to go his own independent way, and fellowship with God was broken. This self will, characterized by an attitude of active rebellion or passive indifference, is evidence of what the Bible calls sin.

More Babble!

very well:

All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23). Man was created to have fellowship with God but, because of his stubborn self will, he chose to go his own independent way, and fellowship with God was broken. This self will, characterized by an attitude of active rebellion or passive indifference, is evidence of what the Bible calls sin.

This is nothing but a mythology. There isn't any evidence to support any of this. Quoting the bible does nothing to support your beliefs.