RALFFERS

I'm becoming an atheist

Yes the point is essential to our debate. You are implying scientific belief is on a par with religious belief. So do you think that is the case with the example I gave, where relativites "belief" has been confimred to 9 decimal places, scientiific 'belief" is on a par with religious belief?

Yes the point is essential to our debate. You are implying scientific belief is on a par with religious belief. So do you think that is the case with the example I gave, where relativites "belief" has been confimred to 9 decimal places, scientiific 'belief" is on a par with religious belief?

The error in your argument is the attempt to apply your limitations to the scientific process.

Science is the realm of skeptics, not believers. Once you comprend that, you might come up to speed in five or six years of hard work - if you have the ability and apply yourself.

BSBD,

Winsor

Certain experiments in Noetic Sciences have been shown to be accurate, or have been proven sound. As our technology advances, so does Noetic Science.
Even now, there are a few experiments that can be replicated.

I'm genuinely interested in these experiments, and would like to see one with data whose results have been repeated.

Our ancestors didn't have to understand fire in order to use it . . .

The difference is fire has physical properties. You can see it. It give off photons. It gives off heat. It uses oxygen.

If you can show me any physical property of "spirit" I'm more than open to examine it. That's all it would take. Show me and I'll be hooked.

Certain experiments in Noetic Sciences have been shown to be accurate, or have been proven sound. As our technology advances, so does Noetic Science.

Dan Brown writes fiction, not science.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

The difference is fire has physical properties. You can see it. It give off photons. It gives off heat. It uses oxygen.

If you can show me any physical property of "spirit" I'm more than open to examine it. That's all it would take. Show me and I'll be hooked.

One of his requirements was that the experiments could be recreated . . . they can.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

One of his requirements was that the experiments could be recreated . . . they can.

Groovy. Tell us about it so we can do the experiment and prove to ourselves the "spirit" exists.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Groovy. Tell us about it so we can do the experiment and prove to ourselves the "spirit" exists.

I refer to Dr. Kallend who says, "Do your own homework."
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

You're the one that made the claim such an experiment existed. It's up to you to prove it by providing the evidence of the experiment.
quade -

Just read this entire thread. Broke and bored is a bad combo. ;)

I kept seeing people mention "belief in atheism" or if there was scientific proof of a diety's existence they'd then believe.

People don't believe in atheism, it's the absence of belief as there's no scientific proof. It's sort of like saying an anarchist government or a nihlist movement.

Additionally were there scientific proof of such a higher power, it would no longer be faith or belief, it would simply be knowledge and logic. :)

Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

I kept seeing people mention "belief in atheism" or if there was scientific proof of a diety's existence they'd then believe.

People don't believe in atheism, it's the absence of belief as there's no scientific proof. It's sort of like saying an anarchist government or a nihlist movement.

Additionally were there scientific proof of such a higher power, it would no longer be faith or belief, it would simply be knowledge and logic. :)

Good nutshell.

See what sobriety can do for a person? :P

Good nutshell.

Like he is sober . . . :|

:ph34r:

Good nutshell.

Like he is sober . . . :|

:ph34r:

I am. Post Prairie Detox. :)

You're the one that made the claim such an experiment existed. It's up to you to prove it by providing the evidence of the experiment.

Turtle appears to believe that "The Lost Symbol" is peer reviewed scientific literature.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Ralf...dude, come on man...You're missing everyting. Why are you still at home mopin' over some girl that God can't even give you. You missed the jumps, now you're missing the the 10ft bonfire/ drum circle...the perfect athiest baptism.

Plenty of women...whatever you want. Call me, you got the number...lets walk the talk baby!
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Ralf...dude, come on man...You're missing everyting. Why are you still at home mopin' over some girl that God can't even give you. You missed the jumps, now you're missing the the 10ft bonfire/ drum circle...the perfect athiest baptism.

Plenty of women...whatever you want. Call me, you got the number...lets walk the talk baby!

I never got my athiest baptism... :)

Gotta counter my baptism and confirmation somehow... ;)

Nope, you don't get away that easy. Everybody creates the reality they live in based on beliefs that make sense to them. Some of those belief are false causing the reality to destabilize. Other beliefs that are true producing a rock solid unwavering reality. And claiming a belief is based on " science" does not give you a 100% guarantee that the information is correct. Especially in areas science is still primitive, like spirituality.

Nope, you don't get away that easy. Everybody creates the reality they live in based on beliefs that make sense to them. Some of those belief are false causing the reality to destabilize. Other beliefs that are true producing a rock solid unwavering reality. And claiming a belief is based on " science" does not give you a 100% guarantee that the information is correct. Especially in areas science is still primitive, like spirituality.

Then neither do you. :P

You only have to believe or have faith in things that can't be tested/proven. Meaning one can live a long fulfilling happy life without any faith or belief. :)
Or one can choose to believe in things such a karma and fate but not in higher powers.

Or they can have faith and believe in whatever other people tell them without proof.

watever man...atheism is a choice dude.

Give me a call while I'm still at it, not sure how much longer I can take this athiest shit...it really sux, but it's a blast...

were you guys like nerds of somthing in highschool?

didn't get a chance to live it up when you were supposed to?

I suppose I can understand that...

I fell like like I'm 18 again....Athiest must have a peter pan complex or somthing.

Athiest must have a peter pan complex or somthing.

Peter Pan? He was the guy that said if you really believe in pixies and clapped your hands you could bring them back to life isn't he?

I dunno man, sounds more like religion to me.
quade -

naw...just a reason to stay immature...but I understand.

so, you down quade?

sounds like you could use a mid-life crisis bash...

how's the video hobbie comming?

I could probably give you some tips on compression.:P

don't tread on me bitch.

I bet u feel good about yourself, don't you?

Why are you asking about me rather than defending your position? Is it because you have nothing with which to back up your claims?
quade -

Tell me my position and I'll defend it to the death...

Quoting your first post in this thread;

I believe God will bring you through this, and though your mother says he will punish you, I have faith that he will use this opportunity to display his grace in a way that will give you a new prespective on life and an appreciation of who he really is...

How?

If he really wanted to give me an appreciation for who he "really is" wouldn't it just be simpler to take a bunch of stars in the sky and spell out "I am who I am"? I mean, that's something I'd really take notice of. It's something everybody on the planet would be able to see with their own eyes. Why would god need to work in "mysterious ways" when it would just be so much more simple for him to come right out and say it?
quade -