kallend

Supreme Court rules against college Christian group's ban on gays

Losing side of what? I think the SC made the correct decision (not that my opinion, or yours, matter in the slightest).

Do you think the SC made the correct or incorrect decision for the matter of the second amendment? You seem willing to give your opinion here(whether it matters or not) but you are unwilling to give an answer in the other thread.

If I remember correctly you chose not to state your opinion in the other thread because you said your opinion didn't mater. Although your opinion still doesn't matter you seem give it here quite freely.

Kallend, can't answer?

Losing side of what? I think the SC made the correct decision (not that my opinion, or yours, matter in the slightest).

Do you think the SC made the correct or incorrect decision for the matter of the second amendment? You seem willing to give your opinion here(whether it matters or not) but you are unwilling to give an answer in the other thread.

If I remember correctly you chose not to state your opinion in the other thread because you said your opinion didn't mater. Although your opinion still doesn't matter you seem give it here quite freely.

Kallend, can't answer?

Asked and answered previously. Timmyfitz can't read?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>So , they also going to make Frat's and Sorority's accept all who want to join?

Well, the college could certainly do that if they wanted to. The frats and sororities could also refuse any benefits from the school if they so choose. Then they could do whatever they wanted as well.

but they do, they discriminate, and recieve school funding!

they should have to accept all student's, blacks into white frats, people from different social/finacial backgrounds!

If the court is going to force One fund recieving organisation into accepting people that do not fit their agenda, then ALL groups that recieve funds ahould have to follow suit!

>they should have to accept all student's, blacks into white frats,
>people from different social/finacial backgrounds!

If they receive funding/space/services from the school, and that is the school's policy - I agree; they should have to follow it.

>they should have to accept all student's, blacks into white frats,
>people from different social/finacial backgrounds!

If they receive funding/space/services from the school, and that is the school's policy - I agree; they should have to follow it.

Should, but would you lobby for them too?

You say the federal government should enforce the existing immigration laws, but will you lobby for them to do that?

I think we see the problem now.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

[

they should have to accept all student's, blacks into white frats, people from different social/finacial backgrounds!

There are no "white frats" at least not officially. I would bet there are no national college fraternal organizations without some black members. At the local level there may be individual chapters without black members. Not saying that is right, but it is cultural, not a blanket prohibition like this group.

I do agree all groups should have to follow the rules.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

>So , they also going to make Frat's and Sorority's accept all who want to join?

Well, the college could certainly do that if they wanted to. The frats and sororities could also refuse any benefits from the school if they so choose. Then they could do whatever they wanted as well.

but they do, they discriminate, and recieve school funding!

Are you sure they're receiving school funding?

I can;t remember what they call the funding, It is quite obviuos I did not go to college!:$

Some get it, soem don't...acredited maybe?

OK, lets go back to the Debate club, must accept anyoen that wants to join!
math Club , Must accept anyone that wants to join!
Football team, Must accept anyoen that wants to join!

Have equal skills and goals must be taken out of the equation(sp?) , if common interest don;t matter to one group, then..............

I

Have equal skills and goals must be taken out of the equation(sp?) , if common interest don;t matter to one group, then..............

Nope, straight from the actual non-discrimination policy in question: shall not discriminate unlawfully on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, sex or sexual orientation.

Discriminating by skills still appears to be allowed.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

I

Nope, straight from the actual non-discrimination policy in question: shall not discriminate unlawfully on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, sex or sexual orientation.

And a Gay person does not have the skill to live by the bible, If they practice their sexuality!;)

I

And a Gay person does not have the skill to live by the bible, If they practice their sexuality!;)

The concept that one could live by a book of ancient superstitions is pretty fucking funny.

That any sane person could choose this as a desirable goal is awesomely hilarious.

I interpret the part of the bible that reads "Lo, I am with you" as a clear message to all pilots that you're on your own above 500' AGL.

The bible is subject to many interpretations, all of which are dependent on the reader's preconcieved biases. Biblical passages have been used to support slavery, segregation, denial of women's rights, and murder of the un-believers, among other things.

It is very creepy what the "true believers" do, or want to do, on the basis of an ancient book of superstitions.

Kallend, can't answer?

Asked and answered previously. Timmyfitz can't read?

Just as I expected. You didn't answer the question, even though you say you did. Just more redirection. Same MO as always.

This is pretty cut and dry IMO. My school and any other school with friends I know went to would have done the same thing. I went through this a little when I started the skydiving club at my school. It couldn't be limited to just people who skydive. We welcomed wuffo enthusiasts who loved the idea of it but honestly would never jump out of an airplane in their entire lives. If I said "no...club only open to people who at least want to make one jump," then I wouldn't have been sanctioned as the Florida Tech Skydiving Club with the school's stamp/endorsement and funding that came with it. I could then still have a skydiving club on campus, but we would definitely not been entitled to any funding and the right to advertise ourselves as "The Florida Tech Skydiving Club." I went to a private school and technically they can do whatever they want, but state schools in particular have to be equal opportunity when it comes to clubs and funding. If these kids want to have an exclusive club on campus, then go ahead, but I just don't think they should be entitled to funding if that is the road they want to take.
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

Doesn't Romans 3:23 say ""For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"

If the club discriminated based on living by the Bible, nobody could join, since the Bible itself says all are sinners.

If the court is going to force One fund recieving organisation into accepting people that do not fit their agenda, then ALL groups that recieve funds ahould have to follow suit!

The court isn't forcing the Christian group to do anything. The court has simply decided not to force the university to give them money unless the group conforms with their rules.

And, generally speaking, yes - any university club is open to any student. You don't need to be good at debating to get into the debating club (at my Uni it was one of the biggest clubs there was). One of the main purposes of these clubs and societies is to get new people interested in whatever it is your club is about.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?