skyrider

Drop The Camera, Or We'll Shoot

Getting closer to a police state every day.

There should be a caluse added to the second amendment defining cameras as weapons.

The camera is far more powerful than the gun in the modern struggle against tyrany.

So you are now on the side of armed peoople? Not unarmed people?

Earlier you wanted only police to have weapons and control of weapons!

Yes ... as long as they are armed with pens and recording devices!

So, I get it, this is where you draw your line, 9yet seem to think ALL people shoudl draw the saem line..

Recording without permission, OK..
Protecting your family with a gun "Bad"

Correct?

You make it all sound so simple!

Just yesterday a Illegal allian was killed at the border here in Dago...they are claiming murdered by the BP, Yet No One has coem forward with a "Video" this is at a Busy boder crossing, rigth where they return the illagals, Ya gonna tell me no one videoed that?

Guess what..."didn;t happen".It woudl have been filmed otherewise..today, if it happens in a crowd SOMEONE had a camera on it! Seems to really help keep poeple /cops, on thier toes!

I think every arrest and stop should be taped!

You are very perceptive!

Tell me what this means: "The pen is mightier than the sword"

yes yes... let's not re-hash jr-high...

I was pointing out that you might want to re-think your 2nd amendment suggestion as then it would (by your thinking) limit 1st as well

I know what you were trying to do ;)

I'm simply pointing out that in one thread you made note that you disagree with individual right to bear arms and that only state militias should have them. Yet in this thread you seem to think that cameras should be added to the 2nd amendment thus assuring that everyone could still carry and use one.

You contradict yourself. Or seem to.

you can dodge the explanation if you like. I don't ever expect one when I catch someone contradicting themselves. Take your time. Make up a good one. Or dont.
--
Rob

You are very perceptive!

I was pointing out that you might want to re-think your 2nd amendment suggestion as then it would (by your thinking) limit 1st as well

I'm simply pointing out that in one thread you made note that you disagree with individual right to bear arms and that only state militias should have them. Yet in this thread you seem to think that cameras should be added to the 2nd amendment thus assuring that everyone could still carry and use one.

you can dodge the explanation if you like. I don't ever expect one when I catch someone contradicting themselves. Take your time. Make up a good one. Or dont.

The other thread was about guns. This one is about cameras ;)

You are very perceptive!

The forum is missing a tag so the perceptive folks infer its presence.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

One of my many run ins with cops hating camera's was at the imagration check point in temecula, (border patrol point)

They stopped me for the 4th time in 3 months to search my car , I am white, have long blond hair, so why do they think I am from mexico?

They see my harley shirt and hat, so think I am running drugs...Thi time, When I get out of th ecar, I bring my helemt cam wiht me, and turn it on, Instantly the officer covers it with his hat and orders me to turn it off..

I turn it away, then th eBullshit starts...101 questions, that they have no right to ask...I tell him, BTW, this camera is still on, and records audio...Teh questions stop!@

He calls th edog over (I always lock my car, withotu a warrent, they have no right to unlock it) They start to dog towards my car, So I turn my camera to my car...Once again, they order me to stop...I informed them , I am filming MY OWN CAR, if they want to run a dog around it, feel free, but I have a right to film my own car...They yank the dog back, and tell me to leave!

They had no right at all to detain me, and they knew it! Having that camera saved me a lot of time! (No I wasn;t holding, I was just sick of being searched there!

The other thread was about guns. This one is about cameras ;)

true, but then why would you suggest cameras be tacked onto the 2nd amendment?

nice dodge by the way.

you contradicted yourself. you got caught in it.
--
Rob

One of my many run ins with cops hating camera's was at the imagration check point in temecula, (border patrol point)

They stopped me for the 4th time in 3 months to search my car , I am white, have long blond hair, so why do they think I am from mexico?

They see my harley shirt and hat, so think I am running drugs...Thi time, When I get out of th ecar, I bring my helemt cam wiht me, and turn it on, Instantly the officer covers it with his hat and orders me to turn it off..

I turn it away, then th eBullshit starts...101 questions, that they have no right to ask...I tell him, BTW, this camera is still on, and records audio...Teh questions stop!@

He calls th edog over (I always lock my car, withotu a warrent, they have no right to unlock it) They start to dog towards my car, So I turn my camera to my car...Once again, they order me to stop...I informed them , I am filming MY OWN CAR, if they want to run a dog around it, feel free, but I have a right to film my own car...They yank the dog back, and tell me to leave!

They had no right at all to detain me, and they knew it! Having that camera saved me a lot of time! (No I wasn;t holding, I was just sick of being searched there!

Actually I think border patrol for vehicle entry have very broad search parameters; anyone know for sure? Same with customs at airports, I think they can do what they want pretty much.

What questiosn were they asking?

They don't need a warrant for dog sniffs, they aren't breaching anything. I was searched once coming back from Tijuana, they ripped my car apart as I was in teh office, that was the 80's and I was not allowed to watch.

Excellent! But are you sure they wouldn't come after you if you posted the audio/video that you got of the incident?

From the OP:

The case is disturbing because:

1) Graber was not arrested immediately. Ten days after the encounter, he posted some of he material to YouTube, and it embarrassed Trooper J. D. Uhler. The trooper, who was in plainclothes and an unmarked car, jumped out waving a gun and screaming. Only later did Uhler identify himself as a police officer. When the YouTube video was discovered the police got a warrant against Graber, searched his parents' house (where he presumably lives), seized equipment, and charged him with a violation of wiretapping law.

Actually I think border patrol for vehicle entry have very broad search parameters; anyone know for sure? Same with customs at airports, I think they can do what they want pretty much.

They don't need a warrant for dog sniffs, they aren't breaching anything. I was searched once coming back from Tijuana, they ripped my car apart as I was in teh office, that was the 80's and I was not allowed to watch.

Constitution free zone. Border patrol has free reign.

http://www.aclu.org/technology-and-liberty/expanding-border-powers-creating-%E2%80%98constitution-free-zone%E2%80%99-covers-two-thirds-a

http://www.aclu.org/privacy/spying/cfz_map/Image-Map.gif
--
Rob

Constitution free zone. Border patrol has free reign.

http://www.aclu.org/technology-and-liberty/expanding-border-powers-creating-%E2%80%98constitution-free-zone%E2%80%99-covers-two-thirds-a

http://www.aclu.org/privacy/spying/cfz_map/Image-Map.gif

Yep, as I thought. I wanted to watch them search my car to ensure they didn't plant anything or fuck anything up. I was abruptly told that wasn't an option.

Any cop who would arrest someone under circumstances described here is by definition a nazi who deserves to be shot dead in the street. Goddamn it, this is fucking war!

What has happened to this once honorable profession? When I was growing up it was nearly impossible to be hassled by police unless you were doing something wrong. Even then, they tried to resolve a matter, if possible, without making an arrest.

Thank you left-wingers who have given us the American police state. Thank you Democrats for your stupid petty laws criminalizing things that used to be perfectly legal. Thank you lawyers for creating a system in which a cop who cuts someone some slack can be held liable if the guy later gets hurt or does something wrong.

Thank you public schools for failing to teach accurately about our nation's founding & history, and for creating an army of graduates who do not understand Constitutional rights and have no idea why it's offensive to be asked to produce ID simply because you're walking along the side of the road at night.

They can video us, but we can't video them?

The only way this situation will ever be reversed is if someone finally kills some cops and a jury has the guts to acquit.

But...

Thank you lawyers for manipulating the jury selection process to that only cluless people who pay little attention to such matters will ever have a chance of being selected for the jury.

Cheers & a sigh,
Jon S.

Any cop who would arrest someone under circumstances described here is by definition a nazi who deserves to be shot dead in the street. Goddamn it, this is fucking war!

Well, maybe a little harsh.

What has happened to this once honorable profession? When I was growing up it was nearly impossible to be hassled by police unless you were doing something wrong. Even then, they tried to resolve a matter, if possible, without making an arrest.

Agreed.

Thank you left-wingers who have given us the American police state

HUH? How so? How has the left treid to make us more a police state? Most of this shit comes from courts, esp high courts which have been packed by Republicans.

Thank you Democrats for your stupid petty laws criminalizing things that used to be perfectly legal.

Likeeeeee?????

Thank you lawyers for creating a system in which a cop who cuts someone some slack can be held liable if the guy later gets hurt or does something wrong.

Or, thank you courts for exonerating a dirty cop at all turns, all costs.

Thank you public schools for failing to teach accurately about our nation's founding & history, and for creating an army of graduates who do not understand Constitutional rights and have no idea why it's offensive to be asked to produce ID simply because you're walking along the side of the road at night.

Yea, they go and pass things like AZ SB 1070; I agree.

They can video us, but we can't video them?

The only way this situation will ever be reversed is if someone finally kills some cops and a jury has the guts to acquit.

That's always a good thing to publicly write. :S BTW, idiots who do radical things only embolden the very agenda they were trying to fight. More cops get killed = society is out of control = let's incr the # of cops.

But...

Thank you lawyers for manipulating the jury selection process to that only cluless people who pay little attention to such matters will ever have a chance of being selected for the jury.

Cheers & a sigh,
Jon S.

What, you get 3 preemptive strikes in most jurisdictions, not sure what you're saying.

When I was growing up it was nearly impossible to be hassled by police unless you were doing something wrong.

or were black, or hispanic, or from the wrong side of the tracks.

Life is good when you're none of those things.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

true, but then why would you suggest cameras be tacked onto the 2nd amendment?

neat idea - cameras would then be protected under that amendment for the reasons that amendment was set up in the first place

it would also be a protection of ownership of private property

It illuminates how silly the anyi-gunners are as well as a good analogy.

Sure, you can have a camera - after a long waiting period, a background check, and you need register the property.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

When I was growing up it was nearly impossible to be hassled by police unless you were doing something wrong.

Or were a drifter. Or looked like a hippy. Or were black. Or....

Thank you left-wingers who have given us the American police state. Thank you Democrats for your stupid petty laws criminalizing things that used to be perfectly legal. Thank you lawyers for creating a system in which a cop who cuts someone some slack can be held liable if the guy later gets hurt or does something wrong.

:D

Yep, it's the left wingers around here who are always arguing in favour of police powers. Yeah...:D
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Or were a drifter. Or looked like a hippy. Or were black. Or....

:D

Yep, it's the left wingers around here who are always arguing in favour of police powers. Yeah...:D

Gee and I thought it was something else:S:S:S:S

cog·ni·tive dis·so·nance
contradictory mental state: a state of psychological conflict or anxiety resulting from a contradiction between a person's simultaneously held beliefs or attitudes

Thank you left-wingers who have given us the American police state.

What kind of alternate reality are you living in?

According to his bio, he lives in the "Real America" ;)

Is that right next Door to the idiot that thinks she can see Russia from Wassilly AK?????

I lurked for a while before weighing in on this thread.

Most such anti-wiretapping laws applied only to audio-recording and had a good public policy behind them. But this twisting of policy intent, to what I think is an unconstitutional degree, is really appalling, and should be viewed as scary to conservatives, moderates and liberals alike.

The fact that a majority of Massachusetts's top appellate court prevailed over the dissenting judges in upholding that conviction gives me the chills. If it gets to the SCOTUS, it will probably be a close decision one way or the other. It's cases like this that really drive home the point that a vote for President is a vote for what the US Supreme Court will look and act like for a generation to come.