Lucky...

More hypocrisy from the far right...

I promise I'm typing slow-

You're doing the best you can.

I don't know why you can't keep up-

I do know why you're unwilling to address your hero for calling an innocent 18yo girl, ugly.

The point was your lack of outrage when it is the children of people you disagree with that get slammed. Your penchant for being selectively offended, now that's hypocritical.

Nope, the Bush girls were partiers who disregarded laws under the protection of the secret svs until the finally were caught. Committing crimes as a 19yo render that little childhood innocense void, not to mention, who said what? YOU NEVER HAVE POSTED SLANDEROUS REMARKS FROM DEMS, so for once, make a point.

You don't think that McCain was the darling of the mainstream media?

You declare the mainstream media as liberal, now it's just mainstream media. As for R candidates, McCain was the least abrasive, extreme, etc. I don't think any media really has that much impact on a presidential run. Are you going to change your perspective if teh Dems run ads or the media slants issues on their own? I'm not.

Of course it is the electorate that nominates a candidate, not the media, but McCain was promoted by the lib media until he was nominated, then they turned on him. I think their advocacy of him was crucial to his nomination.

Do you have examples, I didn't notice that.

Conservatives would rather have run against Hillary, as she had much greater negatives.

I agree.

Rush tried to keep her campaign going, but was unsuccessful.

I didn't hear that firsthand, but I believe it. This is my point, Bill Maher was/is a leftist pundit, but he doesn't campaign for one or the other or try to sway anyone, Limbaugh, Hannity, etc try to medal in politics and have more influence than many politicians.

I didn't hear that firsthand, but I believe it. This is my point, Bill Maher was/is a leftist pundit, but he doesn't campaign for one or the other or try to sway anyone, Limbaugh, Hannity, etc try to medal in politics and have more influence than many politicians.

Ever heard of Ted Turner?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

It's a liberal conspiracy.... Ted's helicopter is right outside. Are you telling me that Americans are so weak that the media tells them who to vote for? And the media is mostly left, per you, so explain how the R's have run the show for most of 30 years. God it's easy to debunk your logic. :ph34r:

Turner was pretty straight down the middle. It was his involvement with Fonda that gave the impression he was tainted, but he was actually pretty middle of the road. CNN under Turner was pretty decent when it came to staying in the middle.

That said, Turner hasn't been in charge of CNN for many, many years. And it's not really that it's drifted off center, but rather it's drifted into foolishness and just poor journalism in general. It's like they're not even trying.

The same can NOT be said for Murdock and his minions. They really never have been fair or balanced in any way. That was never their goal no matter what their catch phase may attempt to indicate.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I must have missed my mention of the Bush girls-surely you're not just pulling that from your ass so i must have said something. And...to draw you back to the point (just because it's so much fun to watch you run away from it) My post is strictly about YOUR hypocrisy in only being offended when your select is slammed. Once again, you defer and redirect to avoid personal responsibility and accountability.
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

Turner was pretty straight down the middle. It was his involvement with Fonda that gave the impression he was tainted, but he was actually pretty middle of the road. CNN under Turner was pretty decent when it came to staying in the middle.

That said, Turner hasn't been in charge of CNN for many, many years. And it's not really that it's drifted off center, but rather it's drifted into foolishness and just poor journalism in general. It's like they're not even trying.

The same can NOT be said for Murdock and his minions. They really never have been fair or balanced in any way. That was never their goal no matter what their catch phase may attempt to indicate.

Not to mention Fox's parent company being partially sold to Muslims who said we deserved 911. So the owners / chair sold to the enemy, essentially.

I must have missed my mention of the Bush girls-surely you're not just pulling that from your ass so i must have said something. And...to draw you back to the point (just because it's so much fun to watch you run away from it) My post is strictly about YOUR hypocrisy in only being offended when your select is slammed. Once again, you defer and redirect to avoid personal responsibility and accountability.

See, you have to post who said what and then qualify and quantify it. IOW's, if a person in here makes a statement about someone's kids, who cares? May be taseless, but not in accord with this thread. If a fringe media guy that has no influence makes the same type remark, slightly more important but still mostly irrelevant. If a media personality who has political clout makes an off-color remark, that's higher yet, as that person is part of the political circle. And teh highest is if a politician or candidate makes an off-color remark.

So, post who said what and let's qualify/quantify it. Not to mention if it's true and criminal, that certainly knocks the edge off slander. In fact, it's an affirmative defense.

I don't expect you will.

Waaaaaaaaaaaa :(

Fucking grow up. :S

I know, how petty to think the guy you voted for called an innocent 18 yo girl, ugly. He's my hero too.

Obama called an innocent 18 year old girl ugly? I'm surprised you would say such a thing.

You know, one of these days you will have to start writing your own dictionary so people can understand what the hell you're talking about. I never would have suspected three instances over 9+ years would be referred to as "all the time". :D
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

Waaaaaaaaaaaa :(

Fucking grow up. :S

I know, how petty to think the guy you voted for called an innocent 18 yo girl, ugly. He's my hero too.

Obama called an innocent 18 year old girl ugly? I'm surprised you would say such a thing.

Riiiiight,keep pretending you voted for Obama, yet supporting conservative ideals; we really believe you.

You know, one of these days you will have to start writing your own dictionary so people can understand what the hell you're talking about. I never would have suspected three instances over 9+ years would be referred to as "all the time". :D

You mean encyclopdic. But you're right, your heroes, which you constantly defend, have only done this a handful of times, entirely negligible in your world.

Sure I support some conservative ideals. I also support some Liberal ideals. I know it may be hard to understand how somebody can be independent enough to actually think on their own, but I'm sure you can if you try.
Yep, three insults during three presidential terms is not worth getting all worked up about. Worth concern, sure.
HAve you ever tried aroma therapy? It may help you deal with your hate in a more socially acceptable manner.
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

Hey guys! Good news! I found my tranquilizer gun. Where'd Lucky go?
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Sure I support some conservative ideals. I also support some Liberal ideals. I know it may be hard to understand how somebody can be independent enough to actually think on their own, but I'm sure you can if you try.
Yep, three insults during three presidential terms is not worth getting all worked up about. Worth concern, sure.
HAve you ever tried aroma therapy? It may help you deal with your hate in a more socially acceptable manner.

I guess you don't take well to Bill's warnings. This is a case of 1 grotesque remark about an innocent 18yo girl, a good kid, is too much. I love allowable limits for forbidden bahavior from the party of family values.

This is the point I was making, if the left made such an idiotic remark, it would be acceptable since as the RW maggots say, we're all a bunch of hedonistic, saddistic, homosexual-loving anti-Americans. Whereas your party is the one that loves America and its fine family values. THAT'S THE HYPOCRISY, WHAT YOU'RE *TRYING* TO SAY IS THAT I'M ESTABLISHING A DOUBLE-STANDARD.

As for you supporting some conservative ideals, you pretty much all do whereas as I support the ideals of most liberals, but have a couple cross-overs. If we took a test that had to weigh or ideological spot on the continuum, I would be firmly planted left, you firmly right, which is why I find it funny and unbelievable that you voted for Obama.

As for more on 3 insults, these are children, UNLIKE CONSERVATIVE LOGIC, THE TOLERANCE IS ZERO.

Once again, you defer and redirect to avoid personal responsibility and accountability.

See, you have to post who said what and then qualify and quantify it. IOW's, if a person in here makes a statement about someone's kids, who cares? May be taseless, but not in accord with this thread. If a fringe media guy that has no influence makes the same type remark, slightly more important but still mostly irrelevant. If a media personality who has political clout makes an off-color remark, that's higher yet, as that person is part of the political circle. And teh highest is if a politician or candidate makes an off-color remark.

So, post who said what and let's qualify/quantify it. Not to mention if it's true and criminal, that certainly knocks the edge off slander. In fact, it's an affirmative defense.

I don't expect you will.

Once again, you defer and redirect to avoid personal responsibility and accountability.
But you're consistent.
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

Here's my version...Daddy, did you plug the hole, yet?....Well, I tried again, last night, but some things are too big, and other things are too small.

Give me your version of McCain's calling Chelsea, ugly. Or is this just a distraction?

Like nobody ever took shots at Bush and Cheny's kids?

It's wrong no matter who does it.

I don't always agree with airdvr, but I honestly don't know how you could disagree with him on this one. Both sides do it, it's wrong no matter who does it.

Is this politics? Why is this conversation still going? How come the rest of you don't have the integrity to just say that it was wrong no matter who does it, and move on? The guy who actually said it, admitted it was wrong. How is this still an argument?

Say what you mean. Do what you say.

>The guy who actually said it, admitted it was wrong. How is this still an
>argument?

For some, issues of right and wrong do not apply; any event/statement is evaluated to see what political gain can be had from it and argued (or ignored) on that basis. Thus a stupid remark by Beck, a mispronunciation by Obama, a joke from a late night comedian or a presidential pretzel choking incident gets touted, pushed and milked for all it is worth. Integrity really has nothing to do with it.

Like nobody ever took shots at Bush and Cheny's kids?

It's wrong no matter who does it.

I don't always agree with airdvr, but I honestly don't know how you could disagree with him on this one. Both sides do it, it's wrong no matter who does it.

Is this politics? Why is this conversation still going? How come the rest of you don't have the integrity to just say that it was wrong no matter who does it, and move on? The guy who actually said it, admitted it was wrong. How is this still an argument?

Of course it's wrong, it's just that the other side has only mustered Bill Maher, a leftist comedian who doesn't advocate going out and registering/voting for any party, he just has fun with Republican idiots. The other side has cited at least 3 recent incidents, including last election's GOP nominee who called an 18 yo girl, ugly. That's the issue; it's wrong, so far only evidence posted is that the right is doing it.

meaning you agree via no dispute

I rarely, if ever respond to your post. Does that mean I agree with you? Quite the opposite. I don't waste my time on meaningless drivel.

Your logic (or total lack of) is fatally flawed if you believe no response to your babbling is agreeing.