turtlespeed

Spelling 101

This whole thread pretty much defines Speaker's Corner over the last couple years.

Though it's a bit highbrow compared to other threads.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

This whole thread pretty much defines Speaker's Corner over the last couple years.

Though it's a bit highbrow compared to other threads.

You misunderestimate it.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

which explains in part why their sitting out

So....which excuse are you going to rely on for the missuse of the word "their"?

irregardless of that, why did you misspell misuse?

I figured since everybody was correcting everybody else by using sentences with mistakes.....;)
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

'irregardless' WTF:P (Hint : No such word in the English:P language)

It is a correct (coll.) word but, not that common in use (mainly in the US).

:P

Irregardless is to regardless as irresponsible is to responsible, irreversible is to reversible or irrational is to rational. Just because ignorant people use it doesn't make it correct.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Two things that really irk me:

1) The improper use of their, there, and they're. I know it is somewhat anal but darn it all it is such an easy concept to grasp.
2) People who write, "I could care less" when what they REALLY mean is "I couldn't care less".
HAMMER:

So....which excuse are you going to rely on for the missuse of the word "their"?

I type fast, you, well you look for spelling errors, syntax, etc. I think I will pass on a trailer mechanic trying to judge me. I've gone pro per on cases, one where I researched the legal definition of, "Abandoned" for 2 days and used it as the basis for a post-arbitration argument where I went up against 2 law firms and won; pro per/pro se. I spent hours on that submission ensuring its accuracy and concision; think I'll do that here? Right, all people do is look for spelling errors, hurried mistakes, etc to make their argument that because a word was misspelled the content must be errant.

Ron tried that and then wrote fucked up the word, "backpedal." He quit the grammar Naziing then.

After you refused to further the acft sheetmetal test that you started, what you have to say in technical terms means zip, Mr swell and draw cherry rivet guy :D

Two things that really irk me:

1) The improper use of their, there, and they're. I know it is somewhat anal but darn it all it is such an easy concept to grasp.
2) People who write, "I could care less" when what they REALLY mean is "I couldn't care less".

And people who dodge issues for semantics and call it relevant.

Yea no shit, as Raig wrote, in the process of whining about my grammatical mistake, you did the same :D. See, this is what Ron did and then went away, all you have to do is the latter.

Yeah, right.
And I built the shuttle Atlantis by myself.

People were/are having fun in this thread. You can either join us or be an ass and try to ruin everybody elses fun.
Your choice.
HAMMER:

Yeah, right.

People were/are having fun in this thread. You can either join us or be an ass and try to ruin everybody elses fun.
Your choice.

Gee, you were having fun until you stepped in it by spell-Naziing and then fucking up like Ron. Oh and calling me an ass is acceptable, just not the other way around.

Your post is so reedikulus. :D

(I didn't mean to misspell that word, it's just that all those keys are so close together:ph34r:)

jklfg ikd hrdf sezhm en gyikuk ftyp;de ikukfty gyojutr drxn cftikdrters oordft bn vu bnmsafrilunm, fgv ghiokudfg ,mdfxiouasty fvcAZioumn azrty frghjsw jklswtuybn vioAdrdfx

Translation: it is difficult when you type by pounding your clenched fists against the keyboard.

(I didn't mean to misspell that word, it's just that all those keys are so close together:ph34r:)

jklfg ikd hrdf sezhm en gyikuk ftyp;de ikukfty gyojutr drxn cftikdrters oordft bn vu bnmsafrilunm, fgv ghiokudfg ,mdfxiouasty fvcAZioumn azrty frghjsw jklswtuybn vioAdrdfx

Translation: it is difficult when you type by pounding your clenched fists against the keyboard.

Is that what Lucky has been doing . . . It does make sense.:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Is that what Lucky has been doing . . . It does make sense.:|

We've reached the pinnacle when "that side" is done talking issues and is down to semantics, spelling, etc. Esp considering they make as many errors. This is great, just attack the poster, an occasional spelling error, typo, etc.:D

I would just like to say that I've read this like four times and am laughing my *** *** at it. Needed the chuckle....:D:D:D
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

I would just like to say that I've read this like four times and am laughing my *** *** at it. Needed the chuckle....:D:D:D

Don't you mean your ***** ***?!:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Yeah, right.

Your choice.

Gee, you were having fun until you stepped in it by spell-Naziing and then fucking up like Ron. Oh and calling me an ass is acceptable, just not the other way around.

Gee, some people just can't get the gist of a thread. :S
People were/are poking fun at others' spelling/grammer errors. Understand?
You're like the little boy who can't dance, so when everybody else is dancing he runs around pushing and shoving people to disrupt their fun.
Go back to watching Matlock and impersonating some sort of legal/aircraft/financial/political/fill-in-the-blank expert.
HAMMER:

We've reached the pinnacle when "that side" is done talking issues and is down to semantics, spelling, etc. Esp considering they make as many errors. This is great, just attack the poster, an occasional spelling error, typo, etc.:D

Well, the original post was clearly a well thought out argument against democratic ideals and a stark comparison of the party's members to rodents that really warranted swift interjection from someone such as yourself. Let's see how you did:

That's really special of mommy...

"Ah, see... yeah, no... there's yer problem."