captain1976

Do you hate the US government?

. . . on CNN which is a known as a “liberal one-sided rag”.

Only by those so far to the right they can no longer see the center.

CNN is more ineffective than it is biased and it's pretty flippin' middle of the road.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Try to get a FIA ,how shall I say, processed, in the last few yrs. Good fuckin luck unless you have muy pull and$$$ Gotta keep you safe don't ya know? ;)

I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Your question is "Do you hate the US government?"

I was a firefighter for the United States Forest Service for 23 years. My wife still works for the agency and her office looks much like the one that was blown up in 1995.

Back in the 80's we had ranger stations burned to the ground by extremists who did not get their way.

We have both put our lives on the line in service of our country and could have easily made more money in the private sector.

Anyone that answers yes to your question simply does not have a clue what we do, They hate paying taxes but if there is a fire running full speed at their house they want us there.

To some we are the enemy but we are also your next door neighbor and maybe your mailman. Oh yeah, and we pay taxes too!

I don't hate the US government, We ARE the US government.

"We are the govt."? What fuckin planet do you live on?
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

And if you could find a single instance of me endorsing that, you might have a point.

Go ahead, do your search. I'll wait.

I never said you endorsed it, Paul. But, since you bring it up, I don't recall you making the same "violence isn't the way" statements when that stuff was going on, like when the guy getting his finger bit off.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Try to get a FIA ,how shall I say, processed, in the last few yrs. Good fuckin luck unless you have muy pull and$$$ Gotta keep you safe don't ya know? Wink

I know it is difficult to get a foia application fulfilled, but it does happen. I have seen some documents come out through the FOIA over the past 12 months pertaining to the 9/11 debarcle that surprise me considerably. It took 'alot' of time energy and money but they got them.

The fact that it is difficult to get documentation through the FOIA does not take away from the fact that the FOIA exists in the forst place, same goes for the constitution.

Corrupt cunts make it difficult for these documents and 'Rights' to be obtained but that is an administration/corruption thing, the policies are quite clear cut.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Corrupt cunts make it difficult for these documents and 'Rights' to be obtained but that is an administration/corruption thing, the policies are quite clear cut.

Indeed:

Major agencies cited that exemption to refuse records at least 70,779 times during the 2009 budget year, compared with 47,395 times during President George W. Bush's final full budget year, according to annual FOIA reports filed by federal agencies.

Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

And if you could find a single instance of me endorsing that, you might have a point.

I never said you endorsed it, Paul. But, since you bring it up, I don't recall you making the same "violence isn't the way" statements when that stuff was going on, like when the guy getting his finger bit off.

As I recall, that was a move in self defense. It wasn't initiated by the biter. Some dude threw a punch, the finger ended up in the biters mouth and he took advantage of it for the purposes of self defense.

Comparing that to Tea Party members talking about an armed march on Washington DC isn't even in the same league.

Just in my own town today neo-Nazis were demonstrating at city hall. Violence broke out. Who could have possibly imagined that in mellow La La Land?

It doesn't even matter who technically throws the first punch really, it's the act of incitement and getting people worked up to do the fighting. Again, it's that "Lord of the Flies" moment when people are hyped up on violent thoughts and somebody yells; "The Beast! Kill him!"

If some version of the Tea Party decides to do an armed march on DC and it certainly has been talked about enough, I see no way it's going to turn out to be "a good thing." The people involved are going to be self fulfilling prophets of their own demise.

They need to tone it down.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

As I recall, that was a move in self defense. It wasn't initiated by the biter. Some dude threw a punch, the finger ended up in the biters mouth and he took advantage of it for the purposes of self defense.

When I throw a punch, my pinky isn't sticking out - evidently the fists of you and the SEIU guy work differently.

Comparing that to Tea Party members talking about an armed march on Washington DC isn't even in the same league.

Just in my own town today neo-Nazis were demonstrating at city hall. Violence broke out. Who could have possibly imagined that in mellow La La Land?

Who threw the first punch?

It doesn't even matter who technically throws the first punch really, it's the act of incitement and getting people worked up to do the fighting. Again, it's that "Lord of the Flies" moment when people are hyped up on violent thoughts and somebody yells; "The Beast! Kill him!"

Like Gladney?

If some version of the Tea Party decides to do an armed march on DC and it certainly has been talked about enough, I see no way it's going to turn out to be "a good thing." The people involved are going to be self fulfilling prophets of their own demise.

Yup, like all those armed people shooting up the Arizona town hall meetings.

They need to tone it down.

Yeah, but only if it's Tea Partiers, evidently.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Indeed:

Major agencies cited that exemption to refuse records at least 70,779 times during the 2009 budget year, compared with 47,395 times during President George W. Bush's final full budget year, according to annual FOIA reports filed by federal agencies.

Yes that is one of the many reasons for 'me' to beleive Obama is completely false, though convincing. An actor so to speak.

I beleive he and any other administration leader in recent times is answerable to the same 'entities' that have the ultimate say, regardless of what thier suggested political orientation is.

This imho is above the US government. The US government is simply used as a cover for the adgenda of those that could care less about America or Americans.

The US government is supposed to represent the American People, not the top 1% of americans.

Thats the way the cookie crumbles though, I suppose.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Gonna be some real changes in the very near future. About time!

http://caffertyfile.blogs.cnn.com/2010/04/16/do-you-hate-the-government/?hpt=T2

No I do not hate the US Government. However, I do believe we need to somehow use it to rid ourselves of a dual-headed one party system. I want the republic concept back in play.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Actually, I think there is a lot more to dislike about how our government operates than about Muslims. A very small portion of Muslims appear to be misbehaving. Pretty much all politicians are manipulative, slick, and deceptive.

And the politicians are actually a very small portion of "The Government."

"The Government" includes millions of people. "The military" is a subset of "The Government" as were the people at the Oklahoma Federal Building. The vast majority of people in "The Government" actually have no say whatsoever in how it's run and yet some idiots decide to attack people just doing the grunt work of "The Government."

The Tea Party should be careful with this overthrow of "The Government" talk they keep spewing. It's just not helpful.

Ya wanna overthrow the government? Do it on election day, but violence isn't the way.

Good catch; my angst is directed to the politicians (elected officials) and the highest-level bureaucrats. Basically, the decision makers, not the front line government employees.

Though on a case-by-case basis I'd probably include some portion that I have workd with (a couple incredibly frustrating DMV experiences come to mind).
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Yes that is one of the many reasons for 'me' to beleive Obama is completely false, though convincing. An actor so to speak.

Totally agree; he is the Democrat's version of Reagan. Lots of inspiring rhetoric (if vague boisterous phrases - and the occasional cute one do it for a person), and nary a word of substance.

I gotta admit to getting caught up in it a little myself during the run-up to the campaign, but got turned off by his agenda and did not vote for him.

I listened very carefully to a couple of his speeches on HCF - amazing for their lack of any real substance - very much like a cheerleader. Just like Reagan; a lot of words and nothing worth hearing.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Where were the tea baggers when GWB was busy running up the debt 5T and running the country into the ground?

I suspect they were getting pissed about it enough to stay home the next election or even vote for the other guy

guess that didn't solve the issue either since the 'next' guy was pretty much the same guy with a better stage presence

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I bet your ranger station was burned down by some liberal fanatics in their own sick efforts on some silly issue. You know, the people who put animals and plants before people.

You would lose that bet. It was the right wing nut jobs that felt they were losing their jobs due to cut backs in timber producton. Of course at the same time the left wing loonies were also very active because they thought we were cutting too much timber. We were litterally attacked from both sides.

Some days we were hailed as heros for fighting fire, other days we were spit on for not logging enough. I have seen the ugliest behavior from both extremes.

I really don't care which side you are on, once you start breaking the law, kill your fellow citizens, or destroy private property then you are no longer an activist. You are simply a gutless criminal and should be treated accordingly.
Onward and Upward!

Some days we were hailed as heros for fighting fire, other days we were spit on for not logging enough. I have seen the ugliest behavior from both extremes.

I really don't care which side you are on, once you start breaking the law, kill your fellow citizens, or destroy private property then you are no longer an activist. You are simply a gutless criminal and should be treated accordingly.

1 - If you get the nuts on the one side to spit on the fire - you can solve a couple problems

2 - that second paragraph - nicely stated - it's a shame that position is not obvious to so many

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants