lawrocket

Thumbs up to the President

You have so totally missed the entire point.
Best turn on your TV. Don't want to miss Matlock. ;)

You refuse to answer any points you intiated:

He inherited a recovering economy, recovering from that fascist pig's overspending and tax cuts. Why was it recovering? GHWB cut spending, military and otherwise, and raised taxes.

Clinton did more of the same, cut spending, cut the military and raised taxes.

It was still a mess, unemp at 7% is not great, way better than what Obama inherited; 8% and flying upward, it had risen 3.4% from Feb 08 to Feb 09. But Clinton inherited what was a stable but struggling economy thx to GHWB's actions.

So Clinton didn't start cutting the military before Jan 95?

The 1993 Omnibus spending bill didn't bring taxes up to 40% from 31%? Receipts didn't start rolling in before Jan 95? Unemp didn't drop from Jan 93 to Jan 95? The debt/deficit wasn't underway of repair before Jan 95? Yea, you oughtta sit down on those issues, you won't like the result of the research.

Clinton's fingers were all over it, if not, tell us about him shuitting down the economy to get the turds in congress to act right. That's what I thought.

Come on, address them or go design an acft that looks like a trailer. You must have been the engineer on teh Shorts 360 :D

What percentage of ones income should be given to the government starting at what income level?

YOU said we are not taxed enough
In the terms outlined here, how much is enough?

I dont expect an answer but the question is now on record here

Enough that averaged over any decade, revenues equal expenditures, with the wealthy paying more.

If you supply me with an accurate projection of government expenditures, income distribution and GNP for the next few years, I will give you more detail. Your ball.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

What percentage of ones income should be given to the government starting at what income level?

YOU said we are not taxed enough
In the terms outlined here, how much is enough?

I dont expect an answer but the question is now on record here

Enough that averaged over any decade, revenues equal expenditures, with the wealthy paying more.

If you supply me with an accurate projection of government expenditures, income distribution and GNP for the next few years, I will give you more detail. Your ball.

Percentage of income starting where?

As for spending
We are spending way too much now on damn near everything
But that is the tool to reach the goal

The way you look at it is much to loose
How much of ones income do you think is owed to the gov starting at what income level?
Your are so smart this should be easy
Stick that neck out there and then defend it
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

***Yes... free, quality, available healthcare with absolutely no disqualifiers would be great. The problem is that you have absolutely no way to fund, provide, or sustain a system anywhere close to that.

- Other countries do and manage it

I'm not sure if you've ever put together a bill, but "other people do it" isn't an effective way to implement law. It answers exactly zero questions.

- We have no way to fund a military that is 8 times more expensive as that of #2, also matches the world in spending, however we find a way to pay for it.

We can't afford one so we can afford another? Again, you answer zero questions. Standard.

--------------------------------------------------
Stay positive and love your life.

***Yes... free, quality, available healthcare with absolutely no disqualifiers would be great. The problem is that you have absolutely no way to fund, provide, or sustain a system anywhere close to that.

- Other countries do and manage it

I'm not sure if you've ever put together a bill, but "other people do it" isn't an effective way to implement law. It answers exactly zero questions.

I didn't say that other people do it, I wrote: "Other countries do and manage it." Meaning other countries impose a universal HC of some sort and manage it w/o BKing themselves. If that's hard to understand I can *try* to breakit down more.

- We have no way to fund a military that is 8 times more expensive as that of #2, also matches the world in spending, however we find a way to pay for it.

We can't afford one so we can afford another? Again, you answer zero questions. Standard.

No, we can't afford to spend 8 times, so we will transition to 6 times, then to 4 times and hopefully less until we stop hammering the budget and still maintain the strongest military in the world. Quit acting like you don't get it, simple military reduction.

You can't manage to budget enough for a simple insurance premium and we're supposed to take your advice on national finances?

Work is sporadic in my career. As for me, yes, if you have no argument about the substance, just turn it against me. Now, can you argue that we need to reduce our military expenditures or not? Explain how other countries can provide HC for all and still beat our dollar. I won't wait up.

You can't manage to budget enough for a simple insurance premium and we're supposed to take your advice on national finances?

Work is sporadic in my career. As for me, yes, if you have no argument about the substance, just turn it against me. Now, can you argue that we need to reduce our military expenditures or not? Explain how other countries can provide HC for all and still beat our dollar. I won't wait up.

Which one? :D
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

Acft mech. as you know. I realize you're a so-called engineer, but maybe that's why we have the skyvan; an acft that looks like a trailer. :o

Acft mech. as you know. I realize you're a so-called engineer, but maybe that's why we have the skyvan; an acft that looks like a trailer. :o

Just curious since you feign expertise in economics, foreign policy, engineering and law, among others.
Funny you should mention trailers and aircraft in the same sentence. Just a couple weeks ago I worked up a CAD model and drawings of a small trailer to transport a friends homebuilt sailplane.
Some more ammo for ye: I have also worked cleaning hog & cattle barns, cut grass at a golf course, waited tables, parked cars, and worked nights as a janitor to get through college.
And I am proud to say I gave each and every job 100%. :)
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

Louie i do that low shit with you and love you!

But we obviously have different opinions on the health care system.

I will say this, i worked all my life here and there. I never could stick a job for long but i was always working. Left home at a young age I got shot as you know and needed about.... well christ i cant even remember, it was around 7 ops.

I was paying for an apartment and trying to look after myself, at times i could barely feed myself and i was earning good cash compared to most my age, i couldnt afford health insurance. In America id have been completely fucked.

I know im comparing 2 countries, but fuck it. Food for thought.

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

All I know is that just as GWB and your lovley party killed the Ergonomics Bill, GWB aslo vetoed the Children's health bill (maybe not the correct name) GWB's last year while 2 weeks into Obama's presidency, that bill was passed.

SCHIP was signed into law in 1997. Nice 'appeal to emotion', though.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

"Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery."

So, you're saying Congress should spend less - I agree.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

The President has agreed not only to renewal of the Strategic Arms Limitations Treaty of 1991, but also to a bilateral nuclear arms reduction by the Russians and the US. I applaud moves like this. .....

I thought this thread could use a post that's on topic. I agree with lawrocket. This is great news. It should even save us a substantial chunk of change if implemented properly.
This visual aid comes to mind.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bJsGJhpZd8

I'm also reluctant to accept the whole of the cold war as being "idiocy", if that's what you're implying. The technologies developed in the name of "beating those damn commies" really have been amazing.

What technologies, military armament technologies?

No.

"Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery."

Yep, starting with the biggest bloat, the military budget. The "war on drugs" can go too.

Yep, starting with the biggest bloat, the military budget. The "war on drugs" can go too.

Good to see that you're still so concerned with the military having money for armor.... oh, wait... that doesn't apply now that he's home, does it?
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Good to see that you're still so concerned with the military having money for armor.... oh, wait... that doesn't apply now that he's home, does it?

Humvee armor is peanuts in the scheme of military budgets. It was criminal to send troops in harm's way knowing their vehicles were inadequately equipped. We could equip the entire Army's Humvees for the cost of one F22. I suppose the word "priority" is unknown to you too.

Hey, Marc, take a look at This.

Two questions
Does that make it right?
And
Whats YOUR point?

Oh, and at what level should income taxing start and what percentage of ones income is "enough"?

Can you answer all 3?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

When Obama said that he wants to eliminate all nuclear weapons from the world, I didn't expect that he (or anyone) could do that. But as far as I'm concerned, he implied he would do something to make the situation better. And I think he delivered this week. Cheers for the White House and the Russian government!
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD