nigel99

Why won't God heal Amputees?

>>Theists get themselves into intellectual trouble when they try to equate faith with
>>science. They are separate.

>Scientists get themselves into trouble, when they tell us just to believe.

Precisely. Too many people confuse the two.

Theists get themselves into intellectual trouble when they try to equate faith with science. They are separate.

Scientists get themselves into trouble, when they tell us just to believe.

Well, I can't speak for every single one, but they generally don't do that - they cite evidence or mathematical proofs which are reviewable and replicable - or debunkable.

Theists get themselves into intellectual trouble when they try to equate scientists with clergy, or vice versa.

I have noticed over these past months that reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

No you haven't. You're just saying it to try and get a rise.

What I noticed is that your metaphor directly compared JC with a malfunction. I had no idea your opinion of him was so low.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

To rynodigsmusic,

Does my response post make sense to you?

***The great need for the Christian worker skydiver is to be ready to face Jesus Christ altitude awareness or potential malfunctions at any and every turn. This is not easy, no matter what our experience is. The battle is not against sin negative thinking or difficulties equipment problems or circumstances atmospheric conditions, but against being so absorbed in work the skydive that we are not ready to face Jesus Christ an emergency situation at every turn.

Couldn't the same be said in reverse, ie. that it is equally dangerous in real terms to spend ones whole life worrying about and so absorbed in their potential meeting that they forget the world is still spinning?

Re-read the above corrected quote and understand that listening for the voice of the Holy Spirit or meeting Jesus, as it were, is that kind of awareness.

All accomplished skydivers have that ability. It is simply a matter of using that awareness in the spiritual realm.

Thanks for your help.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

What I noticed is that your metaphor directly compared JC with a malfunction. I had no idea your opinion of him was so low.

The object of the post was to give an example of developing mental awareness.

I tend to think in concepts and spheres of consciousness.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

To rynodigsmusic,

Does my response post make sense to you?

Now there's another thing that bears comparison with skydiving - there's always someone who'll give you the answer you're looking for:D

I have noticed over these past months that reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

Here's a philosophical question: if JC were your packer, and he kept packing malfunctions, would you kick his ass? Remember now- he's JC.

Here's a philosophical question: if JC were your packer, and he kept packing malfunctions, would you kick his ass? Remember now- he's JC.

If I did, would he turn the other cheek?

Now there's another thing that bears comparison with skydiving - there's always someone who'll give you the answer you're looking for:D

See how you are! Rynodigsmusic has not yet answered my question and you are already jumping to a conclusion. Poor reading comprehension skills, that is what I see.

See how you are! Rynodigsmusic has not yet answered my question and you are already jumping to a conclusion.

I'm simply pointing out that you're hardly looking for an impartial opinion.

Poor reading comprehension skills, that is what I see.

You think my reading skills are so bad I've imagined a reply from ryno where none exists?

No you don't. Try again.

See how you are! Rynodigsmusic has not yet answered my question and you are already jumping to a conclusion.

I'm simply pointing out that you're hardly looking for an impartial opinion.

Poor reading comprehension skills, that is what I see.

You think my reading skills are so bad I've imagined a reply from ryno where none exists?

No you don't. Try again.

I did not ask him if he agreed with me. I asked him if what I wrote made sense. These are different concepts.

:D You and Jakee are funny sometimes! I wonder if you have shared a beer together or not??:D Or near beer in your case Ron?

anyway, I dont know to be honest Ron, Im not yet caught up and obvioulsy im on a complete different time zone than most of you, and I work all the time, so, I guess im saying I need some more time to give the attention needed. Not that my opinion counts for anything, but, it seems I am in this thread at least a little, and it is something we are all passionate about, so, I really want to be involved in what you guys are saying, but need some more time. You know how it is!!

I cant help but wonder what would happen if we all met at a boogie somewhere? I know for me, I kinda like my anonymity! But, all things change;)B|
"We didn't start the fire"

I did not ask him if he agreed with me. I asked him if what I wrote made sense. These are different concepts.

Hoist by your own petard, good sir.

I said that you were looking for him to give you the answer you wanted. I did not say you wanted him to agree with you. Dare I say that those are two completely different concepts?

Reading comprehension score for Ron: 0
Irony score for Ron: 10.

Hoist by your own petard, good sir.

I do not know what this means.

I said that you were looking for him to give you the answer you wanted.

That assumption is not correct.

Reading comprehension score for Ron: 0
Irony score for Ron: 10.

You and I do not live in the same frame of reference. Therefore, your attempts at one-ups- manship have no value.

Then look it up, Mr Comprehension.

You would say that. However, the point was that you, while mouthing off about reading skills, totally misread what I said. You don't need to look up irony, right?

Therefore, your attempts at one-ups- manship have no value.

If you don't want any one-upsmanship then don't kick off the insults in the first place. I guess you can give it, but you can't take it, eh Ron?

Then look it up, Mr Comprehension.

You would say that. However, the point was that you, while mouthing off about reading skills, totally misread what I said. You don't need to look up irony, right?

Therefore, your attempts at one-ups- manship have no value.

If you don't want any one-upsmanship then don't kick off the insults in the first place. I guess you can give it, but you can't take it, eh Ron?

See, this is what I am trying to point out to you. The above comes across as adolescent mentality.

I have noticed this same pattern with another Brit and that guy from Switzerland. I am beginning to think it is cultural. If so, and even though I am not an anthropologist, then I must bring cultural relativity into my communication efforts. I have apparently made an incorrect assumption. That is, English communication is not necessarily the objective within your social strata. So I yield the last word to you with the hope you can frame your thoughts in a constructive manner and attempt real contact. If not, well, as Fritz Perls said, "If we find each other it's beautiful, if not it can't be helped."

BTW, you and the other two fired the first volleys one year ago. I've just kept the return fire going for the sheer entertainment. Maybe I should just stop. The utils of satisfaction will eventually yield to the law of diminishing returns.

Gid'day

Seriously dude, it's a common phrase, at least try something:S.

See, this is what I am trying to point out to you. The above comes across as adolescent mentality.

You mean this? - "I have noticed over these past months that reading comprehension is not your strong suit."

Exceedingly grown up of you.

I am beginning to think it is cultural. If so, and even though I am not an anthropologist, then I must bring cultural relativity into my communication efforts. I have apparently made an incorrect assumption. That is, English communication is not necessarily the objective within your social strata.

English communication is exactly what I want you to achieve. When you manage it, call me.

why wont god heal amputees]

Amputations are performed to save lives. In effect healing takes place as a result of the amputation. So to me this statement does not make sense.

What the writer is getting at is why doesnt God grow legs on people who he had already given legs to at an earlier time.