skymiles

The conservative torch has been passed

Other than the fact that I was talkin to Dave.. who said this....

Are you mad that she didn't have a teleprompter tell her exactly what to say?

I was refering to the FACT that she is going to be using them a LOT..

I get the fact you can't quite grasp things like that....you seem to have so many of those slow days.:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
Now you know what she is going to do:D:D

You back peddle funny girl:D

You should be embarrassed that Palin is in your party, instead you celebrate it.

I get the fact you can't quite grasp things like that....you seem to have so many of those slow days.:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

You should be embarrassed that Palin is in your party, instead you celebrate it.

the very fact that you think this makes me feel even better about her

But, in comparison you have Biden and Obama

:D:D:D:D

Those two make her like like a genius!!:o

:D:D

Not, go along and find something to do and stop bothering the adults:P
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

A few notes on the hand vs a teleprompter with a full script. Yeah, what an idiot she is.

Hope you didn't pull your arm out of socket reaching for this one.:ph34r:

Who really cares if someone uses a teleprompter when delivering a speech? We use them all the time at scientific conferences, but we're so weak minded that our presentations even have pictures and graphs. They're used to make sure that you make the most of your limited amount of speaking time and that you don't leave important things out. Personally I think that looking at the audience through a teleprompter looks better than deciphering scribbles on your palm but if that's how she rolls then I really couldn't give a crap. (I'll admit, I'm slightly amused at knowing that she realizes that she screwed herself with the teleprompter bashing)

The sad part for the real Tea Party folks (but good news for the Palin drones) is that their movement is being hijacked by opportunistic political hack jobs, and they're now out about $100,000 in speaking fees. I suppose this bodes well for the Democrats in the next election.

You wrote:

Now, I will say that there is a huge difference between reading a few 1-word notes of the palm of your hand, and reading the speech word for word from a teleprompter.

President Obama is a bright, charismatic man, but his handlers have him reading from the teleprompter. Likely because they don't want him to come across like a freshman congressman.

Also, we need more than intelligence and charisma. There have been plenty of those in history that turned out badly. (no need to list them here)

So make the implication that Obama:

- Isn't intelligent

I said (and you auoted me) that he was bright. I used the word in a common way to mean intelligent.

- Can't speak impromptu

Apparently his handlers don't think he can. I didn't imply that. You may have inferred that from my words. I've never seen him speak impromptu. So I can't judge whether or not he can.

- A national politician (current, former or potential future) can use crib notes written on her hand and it be normal.

She should have used a note card. It was kind of sophomoric of her. She's stupid. As I said, I'm not a palin apologist.

All are wrong.

You're entitled to your opinion. I just don't think you took the time to understand mine before you hit "post"

I don't care about charisma, what about intelligence; you say we need more than that. I think intelligence is fine, what more do we need than that?

Vision that takes us the right way (that's where opinion comes in) and the experience and leadership to take us there. (that last part is where I think we're currently lacking)
I don't give a rat's ass about charisma....

yeah, really neither do I.
--
Rob

A few notes on the hand vs a teleprompter with a full script. Yeah, what an idiot she is.

Hope you didn't pull your arm out of socket reaching for this one.:ph34r:

Who really cares if someone uses a teleprompter when delivering a speech? We use them all the time at scientific conferences, but we're so weak minded that our presentations even have pictures and graphs. They're used to make sure that you make the most of your limited amount of speaking time and that you don't leave important things out. Personally I think that looking at the audience through a teleprompter looks better than deciphering scribbles on your palm but if that's how she rolls then I really couldn't give a crap. (I'll admit, I'm slightly amused at knowing that she realizes that she screwed herself with the teleprompter bashing)

The sad part for the real Tea Party folks (but good news for the Palin drones) is that their movement is being hijacked by opportunistic political hack jobs, and they're now out about $100,000 in speaking fees. I suppose this bodes well for the Democrats in the next election.

Yes, looking at the audience through a teleprompter does "look" better. That's what it's all about for our incredibly narcissistic president.

Palin, on the other hand, simply jotted a couple notes on her hand.

Let's see, teleprompter system, $10,000. Ballpoint pen to write on hand, 29 cents. My money - or at least what's left of it - is on the ball point pen.

I also like how Palin one-upped her bashers by writing "hi mom" on her hand for a subsequent speech. Classic way to rub it in the libs face.:o:ph34r:
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

>Palin, on the other hand, simply jotted a couple notes on her hand.

Yep. Indeed she apparently jotted down her entire platform. At least she won't be burdended by a lot of complicated ivory-tower thinking nonsense.

>I also like how Palin one-upped her bashers by writing "hi mom" on
>her hand for a subsequent speech. Classic way to rub it in the libs face.

Of course, Obama won the election - which was an even more classic (indeed, quite traditional) way for the country to rub it in the conservatives faces.

I guess you’re right. There is no difference between a 20 page speech given by the president that will be scrutinized to death and 7 words scribbled on your hand. No wait, 6 words - one was crossed out.

Yes, there's an obvious difference...I find it much easier to remember 6 words than 20 pages.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Also, we need more than intelligence and charisma.

Agreed. I'd consider those simple prerequisites for the position, along with some knowledge of the organization and issues associated with the job, and some reasonable commitment to choosing right over wrong.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Yes, looking at the audience through a teleprompter does "look" better. That's what it's all about for our incredibly narcissistic president.

Bashing Ronnie!?!?! You really should be ashamed.:o

Let's see, teleprompter system, $10,000. Ballpoint pen to write on hand, 29 cents. My money - or at least what's left of it - is on the ball point pen.

Did she bring her own pen or was that a freebie that was added on to her $100k speaking fee?:P

I also like how Palin one-upped her bashers by writing "hi mom" on her hand for a subsequent speech. Classic way to rub it in the libs face.:o:ph34r:

Keep rubbing...and enjoy your "movement". You're going to need a lot of Charmin at this rate.

P.S. I truly am sorry to all you Tea Partyers. I was hoping you guys could shake the cling-ons. I suppose that if our news is destined to be entertainment then our politics are sure to follow.[:/]

… from one idiot to another.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
so you think that people who like the constitution the way it was written are idiots and people like Odumbo who wants to change our constitution are smart? What kind of logic is that? If you don't like our constitution , move to France or Greece.;)

so you think that people who like the constitution the way it was written are idiots and people like Odumbo who wants to change our constitution are smart? What kind of logic is that? If you don't like our constitution , move to France or Greece.;)

You need to stop watching Glenn Beck and get some fresh air.

>and people like Odumbo who wants to change our constitution are smart?

The only proposed changes to the US constitution I have heard of in the last ten years have come from conservatives. Which constitutional amendments has Obama proposed?

Nice, you can't address the stupidity of Palin, now you love her. All the smiley faces in the world won't help your hero remember tough things like her name.

What proposed changes? The homophobe 28th was the only proposed chnge I've heard of for decades.

Nice, you can't address the stupidity of Palin, now you love her. All the smiley faces in the world won't help your hero remember tough things like her name.

Again you assume someone should just acept the premise of your point. I rarely do and sure as hell dont here. So again, move along and let the adults have a conversation
Abraham Lincoln

Again you assume someone should just acept the premise of your point. I rarely do and sure as hell dont here. So again, move along and let the adults have a conversation

Yea, I, er, can't stand Palin, er, I love the lady - she has so much class and intelligence, er, I think she sucks, but I will vote for her and back her all the way. It must suck to be conservative, you have to pretend you can't stand the people you vote for and adore.

You know you are dealing with nothing but fluff when the first adjective used by a source that supports her is "darling." Not intelligent, not effective, or insightful, or pragmatic, or anything that might be construed as adding to the ability to govern - but darling.

Chosen for their last ticket because she was relatively unknown and sorta cute. A classic window-dressing candidate. They probably should have listened to her talk first. Truly pathetic.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

She gives a what, 20 minute speech and has 5 reminder words on her hand and you and the left media call her and idiot.

At the same time, in the last few months (and just last week) Obama is talking and for the 4rth time he talks (and pronounces) Navy Corpman, Corp(s)man.
(spelling done for pronunciation)
But he is so smart and loved he is given a pass. (I dont think this is a big deal realy but it is more stupid than 5 words on a hand for crib notes)And you want to be taken seriously on this topic!!!:D:D WTF man

Now, one more time, so I dont have to send you to your room, run along and play and let the adults talk

:D:D:D
Abraham Lincoln

I also saw something where Palin got a shot back at the MSM by putting "Hi Mom" on her hand at another engagement. Gibbs tried the pen-n-hand thing to crack on Palin, but it backfired when someone got a pic of what *he* wrote. :P

Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

She gives a what, 20 minute speech and has 5 reminder words on her hand and you and the left media call her and idiot.

Her recent speech has nothing to do with this well established perception. She has a significant track record upon which to draw. The recent speech simply did nothing to improve her image.
That said, idiot is not appropriate. She's not an idiot, nor is she brilliant, perceptive, insightful (although she certainly is inciteful). If I were to choose an adjective I'd choose "tool".

I also like how Palin one-upped her bashers by writing "hi mom" on her hand for a subsequent speech. Classic way to rub it in the libs face.

Obama, giving a speech, looks like a skydiver, landing, during a 100 way...Well, he would, if they'd put a teleprompter at 4 and 8 o'clock.