kallend

Yet another nutter with a gun

Post # 187 here http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3759817;search_string=drive;#3759817
which means a lot of driving with illegal guns and ammo - with a potential to be stopped for a violation or got into accident (young people tend to have more accidents), and have the guns found by police.

This is a typical example of your "proven to be wrong" - assuming that I said something (when I didn't), and then "proving" this to be not true. Are you saying that in that piece I said that they WOULD be stopped? This is so remote that I cannot imagine someone would even consider it.

Once again, you are proven to be 100% wrong and trying to change the subject.... But your own words prove you wrong.

Dude, you're so amazingly full of yourself even when you're so obviously wrong that it makes me wonder how would they give you a gun permit?

And you sound like the typical anti gun person... Full of emotion and devoid of any facts.... Plus when proven wrong, you just ignore that and continue with your emotional BS.

When I go emotional, I'll say something "let's see what you will say when it is YOUR CHILD AND WIFE who are killed by the next Cho".

I proved you wrong and provided you with a link that proved you once again wrong

Again, you made up something, assumed I said that, and then proved it wrong - so you proved yourself wrong. I did not say people in wheelchairs are not attacked at all - what I said is that "if a football player wears expensive jewelry, a criminal would likely to go after him, and skip an old lady in a wheelchair." This, if you don't understand, discusses probabilities in a hypothetic situation, and the only way I could be wrong here is if you prove that this probability is ZERO. Which you did not.

People with disabilities are 50 percent more likely to be victims of violent crimes than are people without disabilities, according to a government study released Thursday

Good. Now read what I said, and compare it with what you tried to prove. It is obvious to everyone that you are providing proof that people in wheelchairs got attacked (nobody denied that), and their chance to get attacked is higher (assuming all other things the same, nobody denied that either). This study, however, does not compare football players wearing expensive jewelry (which is very considerable fact here - as the reward is higher), and therefore is useless to prove anything related to discussion.

Then you said in post# 395, "No, I just ignore Ron posts. "
Which is CLEARLY not true since you are still replying to me. Wrong AGAIN!

And yet another lame example. Do you understand what "present time" mean, and did you check the date? Did it say "I will ignore all future posts of Ron?" Is English your native language?

You should have said: "I just ignore Ron's posts when he proves me wrong and I can't provide a way to answer without looking silly."

I should have said that "I just ignore Ron's posts which are full of questions based on his made-up assumptions, and let him fight against yourself".
* Don't pray for me if you wanna help - just send me a check. *

AAAAaaand, we're back to the 'the tool is more important than the crime' argument.

No, you're back to your typical way of arguing - making things up, and questioning the opponent by assuming he really said that. Yet another version of "have you stopped beating your wife?" thing.

Yeah, about that - *I'M* the one that provided studies showing a link. You countered with news clippings.

Some positive news here is that you typically do this when you have nothing else to reply, which is indeed proof.

Yeah, I have to admit to myself every now and then that you aren't arguing from any honest viewpoint and that you have no fucking clue what you're talking about.

Let the rest of us know when you're back from your trip to fantasy land, ok?

Let the rest of us know when you get your brain control back from NRA, ok?

They never had it - I haven't been an NRA member (except for 1 year) for a couple DECADES.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

You either choose to ignore what was happening in the 1930s
or you just don't know your history very well.

I was asking about guns banned during WWII. Which, as you probably know, started in 1939.

I'll wait for the answer from Ron, but as far as I know there was only one law restricting weapons to Jews - a "German Weapons Act" of March 18, 1938, which is a year and half before WWII. By the way, this law actually _relaxed_ weapon regulations in Germany (for non-Jews of course). I'm too lazy to find the text of the law, but from what I remember it removed all the regulations related to rifles, which were regulated before.

It is always a good idea to double-check the thread before writing a reply on assumption that your opponent is ignorant and does not know basics.

Yeah, about that - *I'M* the one that provided studies showing a link. You countered with news clippings.

You're provided links to irrelevant study, which provided no evidence for your opinion as it mixes all crimes together, while we were explicitly talking about GUN-related crimes. I never said a gun ban would reduce the amount of drunk drivers or insurance fraud, but you still provide studies which count ALL crimes, including those which are not gun-related.

Most of those crimes I posted, however, would unlikely happen if guns were not available - i.e. "a gun owner went crazy" type of crime.

Yeah, I have to admit to myself every now and then that you aren't arguing from any honest viewpoint and that you have no fucking clue what you're talking about.

Neither are you.

They never had it - I haven't been an NRA member (except for 1 year) for a couple DECADES.

Looking through your posts they still have it. You might want to call them and demand it to be shipped back (and charge them for those decades!) :)

You're provided links to irrelevant study, which provided no evidence for your opinion as it mixes all crimes together, while we were explicitly talking about GUN-related crimes. I never said a gun ban would reduce the amount of drunk drivers or insurance fraud, but you still provide studies which count ALL crimes, including those which are not gun-related.

And your claim about it being irrelevant is why I said you are (still/always) more concerned with the tool used than the fact that the crime occurred at all.

Most of those crimes I posted, however, would unlikely happen if guns were not available - i.e. "a gun owner went crazy" type of crime.

And they'd unlikely happen if the CRIMINAL wasn't available, either. Did you have a point?

Neither are you.

Au contraire, my misguided friend.

Looking through your posts they still have it. You might want to call them and demand it to be shipped back (and charge them for those decades!) :)

*yawn* Let me know when you actually come up with something *witty*, will you?
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

And your claim about it being irrelevant is why I said you are (still/always) more concerned with the tool used than the fact that the crime occurred at all.

You probably forgot, but we're discussing here how gun restriction would affect the gun crime rate, especially shooting sprees and stupid random shootings. You're however constantly trying to shift it to "how would gun restriction affect general crime", to assume that since it will not affect all the crime, then restricting guns (grenades, nuclear bombs) makes no sense because the amount of other crime (like insurance fraud, forged checks, public urination) will stay the same, or even go up.

And they'd unlikely happen if the CRIMINAL wasn't available, either. Did you have a point?

I agree - for the gun crime to happen we need both a criminal, and a gun.

Now, I have an idea how to get a GUN out of this equation (which of course is not 100% proof, but it works in other countries and I see no reason why it wouldn't work in USA). However I have no idea how to get a CRIMINAL out of this equation, and therefore I do not discuss it. If you have any, please enlighten us.

You probably forgot, but we're discussing here how gun restriction would affect the gun crime rate, especially shooting sprees and stupid random shootings. You're however constantly trying to shift it to "how would gun restriction affect general crime", to assume that since it will not affect all the crime, then restricting guns (grenades, nuclear bombs) makes no sense because the amount of other crime (like insurance fraud, forged checks, public urination) will stay the same, or even go up.

And a little research would have shown you that guns are involved in only about 40% of violent crime - so, not only do you ignore the effect of reductions in violent crime, you *completely* ignore the 60% of violent crime that's committed *without* a gun.

That's called "concentrating on the tool used and not the crime being committed".

I agree - for the gun crime to happen we need both a criminal, and a gun.

Now, I have an idea how to get a GUN out of this equation (which of course is not 100% proof, but it works in other countries and I see no reason why it wouldn't work in USA).

Unfortunately, the stats don't agree with you - something ELSE you conveniently ignore.

However I have no idea how to get a CRIMINAL out of this equation, and therefore I do not discuss it. If you have any, please enlighten us.

Go re-read the links I posted. They MIGHT just give you an idea - but it's doubtful.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

And a little research would have shown you that guns are involved in only about 40% of violent crime - so, not only do you ignore the effect of reductions in violent crime, you *completely* ignore the 60% of violent crime that's committed *without* a gun.

This means that if we get rid of most gun crime, we will reduce violent crime rate at least 25% - definitely something worth fighting for. Even pro-gun JohnRich considered a 25% reduction significant enough to create a topic. A reasonable person would agree that even 10% violent crime reduction is worth fighting for.

That's called "concentrating on the tool used and not the crime being committed".

I already asked you several times - how exactly would YOUR fight violent crime by concentrating on criminals (or on crimes)? And so far your answer is that you will not.

Unfortunately, the stats don't agree with you - something ELSE you conveniently ignore.

Where exactly the stats do not show that countries which dramatically restrict gun ownership have same or more violent GUN crime than USA? You claimed that "stats don't agree with me" so many times, and have never provided any data!

Go re-read the links I posted. They MIGHT just give you an idea - but it's doubtful.

Got it - you have no ideas how to do it. Then you might want to shut up about "criminals", because you have no idea how to get rid of them, and can only blame other solutions without providing your own. You must be very proud of yourself!

This means that if we get rid of most gun crime, we will reduce violent crime rate at least 25% - definitely something worth fighting for. Even pro-gun JohnRich considered a 25% reduction significant enough to create a topic. A reasonable person would agree that even 10% violent crime reduction is worth fighting for.

Except for you, yes - you're only worried if it's GUN crime, remember?

I already asked you several times - how exactly would YOUR fight violent crime by concentrating on criminals (or on crimes)? And so far your answer is that you will not.

You have? Well, by all means, point them out to me, where you asked that exact question all those times. And ESPECIALLY point out where I've said I'd do nothing about crime or criminals - I *REALLY* want to see those posts.

Where exactly the stats do not show that countries which dramatically restrict gun ownership have same or more violent GUN crime than USA? You claimed that "stats don't agree with me" so many times, and have never provided any data!

Oh, now we're talking about countries? How about you come back to the USA, George.

Got it - you have no ideas how to do it. Then you might want to shut up about "criminals", because you have no idea how to get rid of them, and can only blame other solutions without providing your own. You must be very proud of yourself!

That's all you've got? Damn, I expected better of you.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

This means that if we get rid of most gun crime, we will reduce violent crime rate at least 25% - definitely something worth fighting for.

are you stating that you believe a gun ban would lower violent crime by 25% simply by eliminating gun crime?
--
Rob

Tim McVeigh was arrested because he had a gun, not because of the OKC bombing

Half credit....

Hanger had passed McVeigh's yellow 1977 Mercury Marquis and noticed that it had no license plate. McVeigh admitted to the police officer (who noticed a bulge under his jacket) that he had a gun and McVeigh was subsequently arrested for having driven without plates and illegal firearm possession

He was pulled over for not having a license plate and arrested for both reasons.

And the VIN number of the truck had already been used to identify him:

By tracing the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) of a rear axle found in the wreckage, the FBI identified the vehicle as a Ryder Rental Junction City agency truck. Workers at the agency assisted an FBI artist in creating a sketch of the renter, who had used the alias "Robert Kling". The sketch was shown in the area. That day manager Lea McGown of the Dreamland Hotel identified the sketch as Timothy McVeigh.

Have you checked the timeline carefully? The arrestable offense was the illegal gun, not suspicion of being the OKC bomber.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Have you checked the timeline carefully? The arrestable offense was the illegal gun, not suspicion of being the OKC bomber.

Maybe you should check the time line.... You do know that him having the illegal gun didn't prevent him from committing the bombing right?

George's claim that you support is that traveling around with a gun can PREVENT these acts.... But he had the gun AND Ryder truck full of explosives and drove them both 250+ miles right up to the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building killing 168 and injuring more than 680.

And McVeigh had built and tested a smaller bomb and didn't get pulled over then either.

PLUS McVeigh and Nichols allegedly robbed gun collector Roger E. Moore in his home of $60,000 worth of guns, gold, silver, and jewels, transporting the property in his own van. So they drove a van filled with 60k of weapons gold and silver and didn't get pulled over.

So, for you to claim that your position is true based on he being caught AFTER the fact is not supported by the evidence.

And if he had had a plate on his getaway vehicle he would not have been pulled over in the first place.

So the best you could argue is that car licensing failures lead to his arrest.

AND the Columbine duo had driven to test bombs and shoot and THEY ALSO had not gotten caught.... All this leads to your position not being supported in any way shape or form with any facts.

BTW... STILL waiting for you to answer what you meant by "People like you".......
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Dude, you're so amazingly full of yourself even when you're so obviously wrong that it makes me wonder how would they give you a gun permit?

Oh look you can't debate with facts, so your start personal attacks!!!!

I am glad you are not the type to want a weapon.... You don't seem to be able to control your emotions nor think logically even online. People like you should not be allowed to own weapons.

When I go emotional, I'll say something "let's see what you will say when it is YOUR CHILD AND WIFE who are killed by the next Cho".

I see, the best you can do is go emotional and wish pain on people you cant agree with..... that is not very mature.

I disagree with you since you don't have any standing in reality, but that does not mean I wish you or your family to come to harm to "win" some stupid online argument. :S:S:S:S:S

Again, you made up something, assumed I said that, and then proved it wrong - so you proved yourself wrong. I did not say people in wheelchairs are not attacked at all - what I said is that "if a football player wears expensive jewelry, a criminal would likely to go after him, and skip an old lady in a wheelchair."

And I provided links that prove you are talking out of your ass... just like normal.

And yet another lame example. Do you understand what "present time" mean, and did you check the date? Did it say "I will ignore all future posts of Ron?" Is English your native language?

Lame.... English is CLEARLY not your native language.

In the sentence... "No, I just ignore Ron posts. " There is ZERO reference to time frame.

Face it.. .Once again you are caught with an emotional argument that is not supported by the facts.

You wish harm to come to my family so you can win some lame online argument.

It is a good thing you don't want a weapon. People with your mindset are often the ones that snap.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

I'll wait for the answer from Ron, but as far as I know there was only one law restricting weapons to Jews - a "German Weapons Act" of March 18, 1938, which is a year and half before WWII. By the way, this law actually _relaxed_ weapon regulations in Germany (for non-Jews of course). I'm too lazy to find the text of the law, but from what I remember it removed all the regulations related to rifles, which were regulated before.

The salient points are bolded by me.

So you are not able to see how a law restricting weapons to Jews is EXACTLY what I said when I typed, "They were banned for the Jews"?????

And you are not able to muster enough ability to remember that the Jews were rounded up like cattle and killed by the millions AFTER they were disarmed?

It is always a good idea to double-check the thread before writing a reply on assumption that your opponent is ignorant and does not know basics.

In this case... It is clear you don't.

Maybe you should check the time line.... You do know that him having the illegal gun didn't prevent him from committing the bombing right?

George's claim that you support is that traveling around with a gun can PREVENT these acts....

I claimed no such thing. I simply stated that the reason for his arrest was that he had an illegal gun. (Post #57, this thread)

Rest of your post is therefore irrelevant.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

George's claim that you support is that traveling around with a gun can PREVENT these acts....

I claimed no such thing. I simply stated that the reason for his arrest was that he had an illegal gun. (Post #57, this thread)

Rest of your post is therefore irrelevant.

So pretty much a lie by omission, again.

You probably forgot, but we're discussing here how gun restriction would affect the gun crime rate, especially shooting sprees and stupid random shootings.

Only gun controllers worry about gun crime. Everyone else worries about crime.

I suppose the 3000 dead from 9/11 were not important, since they were killed by box cutters, plane crashes, building collapses (or if you wear tin foil, termite explosions).

I'm puzzled by your misdirection to gun laws during WW2. Rather silly to think it doesn't count if passed before the start, no? I pointed out that modern Europe has had quite a few genocides, one only a bit over a decade ago. Depending on your geographic definitions, you can include Turkey-Armenia a century ago, and lord knows how much suffering in the Eastern Block from 1945 - 1990. Those poor Poles - the Jews were decimated, but the rest of the country got worked over by the Nazis, and the Soviets both at the beginning and end of the war.

Still waiting on you to explain "people like me".....

And the reason you stated it was to defend George's position. (Also totally ignoring that the reason he was pulled over was a missing tag).

Otherwise you would just be posting irrelevant crap for no reason.

For example:

"The sky is blue."

While true, it has no relevance to this discussion... so where you just posting random crap, or trying to support a position?

Some more German gun laws for you.... since you clearly don't know them.

1919 Regulations on Weapons Ownership, which declared that "all firearms, as well as all kinds of firearms ammunition, are to be surrendered immediately."

Verordnung des Rates der Volksbeauftragen über Waffenbesitz, Reichsgesetzblatt 1919, Volume I, § 1, page 31–32

August 7, 1920 Law on the Disarmament of the People. It put into effect the provisions of the Versailles Treaty in regard to the limit on military-type weapons.

The treaty stated: "Within two months from the coming into force of the present Treaty, German arms, munitions, and war material, including anti-aircraft material, existing in Germany in excess of the quantities allowed, must be surrendered to the Governments of the Principal Allied and Associated Powers to be destroyed or rendered useless." -- Article 169.

http://history.sandiego.edu/gen/text/versaillestreaty/ver159.html

Now in truth, the Treaty did not really apply to individuals.... But the German Govt was free to apply it to them and did.

The 1938 German Weapons Act

The important point that supports my position and negates yours is:

Jews were forbidden from the manufacturing or ownership of firearms and ammunition Harcourt page 22.

Second, the Nazi gun laws of 1938 specifically banned Jewish persons from obtaining a license to manufacture firearms or ammunition. In this respect, the Nazi gun laws were more restrictive than those under the Weimar Republic. Third, with regard
to possession and carrying of firearms, the Nazi regime relaxed the gun laws that were in place in Germany at the time the Nazis seized power. The Nazi gun laws of 1938 reflect a liberalization of the gun control measures that had been enacted by the Weimar Republic with respect to the acquisition, transfer, and carrying of firearms. In this regard,
Hitler appears to have been more pro-gun than the predecessor Weimar Republic. Four, approximately eight months after enacting the 1938 Nazi gun laws, Hitler imposed regulations prohibiting Jewish persons from possessing any dangerous weapons including firearms. The Nazi regime implemented this prohibition by confiscating weapons, including guns, from Jewish persons, and subsequently engaged in genocide of the Jewish population.,

Harcourt, Bernard E (2004) "On the NRA, Adolph Hitler, Gun Registration, and the Nazi Gun Laws: Exploding the Culture Wars (A Call to Historians)"

http://www.law.uchicago.edu/files/files/67-harcourt.pdf

more for you

http://www.stephenhalbrook.com/article-nazilaw.pdf

Licenses were available only to “persons of
unquestioned trustworthiness.”43

Jews were not allowed.. just like the US Gun Control Act of 1968 made it difficult for black people to buy a weapon legally.

It did not happen overnight, myself going from being an anti-gun person, to being gun neutral to being open to gun ownership. What can I say I was brainwashed growing up thinking that guns killed. But I say never again. What happened to the Jews in German occupied territories in the 1930s and 1940s is only one example of many in the history of humanity where the strong preyed on the weak. People are fooling themselves if they think it won't happen again. It has happened and it will continue to happen if people let their guard down.

Besides threads like this are all talk. Let's say someone in the USA did ban firearms. All that would happen is that a bunch of law abiding citizens who have never committed a crime in their life would become instant criminals. Some might surrender some of their firearms, but most would not. Guns are not going anywhere. Getting rid of them will cause more deaths than the deaths being caused by the criminals who use them in their crimes.

Criminals do not register their weapons. There is a reason why criminals are called criminals.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

This:

Criminals do not register their weapons.

I am amazed that people think making people register guns will do anything.... Its not like criminals will fill out the paperwork.

And I am amazed that people think bans will work... How did the whole drug ban work out for us? And prohibition CREATED powerful criminals more than it did to stop crime.

I'm still shaking my head over all the hand wringing by some because people like me own and carry firearms.

But, I'm still smiling because my right to own a firearm is protected by the 2nd ammendment. I also smile because my state has granted me a license to legally carry that firearm concealed.

So nanananananananaaaaaaaa...........;)