Andy_Copland

Anti Whale Terrorist Boat Gets Rammed

I had chicken nuggets from the pizza joint on base....you win!!

For din din tomorrow night I have a very nice steak from the butcher.. thick cut.. about 1.3 pounds of choice rib eye... The BBQ on the deck has been feeling lonely SO I will singe the rib eye to keep it happy;)

I think I will make some hearty mashed taters ... I grew those two..little fellers.. white potatos... about 2" in diameter... and again the fresh butter from the local dairy.

Mmmmm... you are only allowed to post about food from now on.... cause your other posts suck in comparison. :D;)

SCREW that...... I have a rep to uphold:ph34r:

I had chicken nuggets from the pizza joint on base....you win!!

For din din tomorrow night I have a very nice steak from the butcher.. thick cut.. about 1.3 pounds of choice rib eye... The BBQ on the deck has been feeling lonely SO I will singe the rib eye to keep it happy;)

I think I will make some hearty mashed taters ... I grew those two..little fellers.. white potatos... about 2" in diameter... and again the fresh butter from the local dairy.

Mmmmm... you are only allowed to post about food from now on.... cause your other posts suck in comparison. :D;)

Now I can agree with that! :D
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

Andy's assertion that they are terrorists is correct, although I guess you could call them vigilantees just as easily.

read up on paul watson and the sea shepards. they are eco-terrorists. they've been on a show on animal planet not for 2 seasons called "whale wars". its a great show, and surely this ramming will be the climax of season three. at the end of last season, they rammed a japanese boat. paul watson is an idiot and a danger to the lives of his crew and the lives of the japanese whaling fleet, but like most people of his ilk, human life is far less important to him than animal life.

Commercial whaling has been banned by international treaty for a long time. Japan and Norway are signatories to the treaty, as in, they agree to abide by the terms of the treaty. Due to their lobbying efforts when the treaty has been negotiated, and re-negotiated, and exemption for "research" whaling has been present in the treaty.

You can buy canned whale meat off the shelf in Japan. New cans, recently produced. The meat is popular with older citizens. If the whale take was for research, why does the Japanese government allow the meat to be sold commercially? Any rational person should come to the reasonable conclusion that the "research" whaling is actually commercial whaling, for profit.

There has been no physical challenge to the commercial whaling by the Japanese by any of the signatories to the treaty. Quiet complaints that fall on deaf ears have been the miniscule response. Nothing of any real substance has been done to stop the illegal whale harvest, except by the Sea Sheperd organization. Fouling the decks and trying to disable the whaling ships by fouling the propulsion systems are reasonable tactics to take against criminals.

The Sea Sheperd organization is shining the glare of publicity on this illegal commerce. The signatories to the treaty aren't doing any real enforcement of the treaty. Enforcement of the terms can, and should, be taken up by private organizations. That is what Sea Sheperd is doing.

There is a very simple step that could be taken by the Japanese government. That step would be to ban the sale of whale meat. All whale meat. Their commercial whaling industry would disappear, as it was supposed to happen under the treaty. It is a FACT that they have not done this. That makes makes crystal clear that their whaling activities are a commercial operation that is a flagrant and "in your face" violatition of the treaty.

It is clear that the criminals in this matter are the Japanese. The Sea Sheperd organization are the good guys. The Japanese are the bad guys. The Sea Sheperd people need to keep up the good work of shining the glaring spotlight of publicity on the Japanese government's disdain for international treaties. The Japanese will come around when they are shamed into compliance.

After 273 posts parsing the semantics of "terrorism", I propose a new word: Angryism. They were trying to get them angry. So they were angriests.

End of thread. Thank God.

Finally :D

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

Meat is MURDER!!

Tasty Tasty murder!!! :)

And I'm a murderer!:)
Hey I found something I can agree with Amazon with:D:ph34r:

There's room for ALL God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.

I had a nice 1 pound chunk of fresh... wild.... coho salmon for din din tonight .. I poached it with some Sauvignon Blanc, a little bit of butter and a few slices of a garlic clove I grew in my garden..MMMMMMM

If you don't mind thinking that what you're doing by buying meat is vicariously looking a cow, sheep, or one of many other animals in the furry face and big eyes and saying, "Yes, I am gleefully paying someone to cut your throat so I can have a meal that I consider to be more tasty than the vegetation that nature designed me to eat," then I'm ok with it, as I don't have to make that call, my personal ethics won't let me do that.

Meat is MURDER!!

I had a nice 1 pound chunk of fresh... wild.... coho salmon for din din tonight .. I poached it with some Sauvignon Blanc, a little bit of butter and a few slices of a garlic clove I grew in my garden..MMMMMMM

If you don't mind thinking that what you're doing by buying meat is vicariously looking a cow, sheep, or one of many other animals in the furry face and big eyes and saying, "Yes, I am gleefully paying someone to cut your throat so I can have a meal that I consider to be more tasty than the vegetation that nature designed me to eat," then I'm ok with it, as I don't have to make that call, my personal ethics won't let me do that.

More like "Yes, I am gleefully paying someone to cut your throat so that I can have a meal that is tasty and better than just eating vegetation", (that whole 'omnivore' thing, ya know) but thanks for playing.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Meat is MURDER!!

More like "Yes, I am gleefully paying someone to cut your throat so that I can have a meal that is tasty and better than just eating vegetation", (that whole 'omnivore' thing, ya know) but thanks for playing.

If Homo Sapien was designed to eat meat, it would be fish at most, red meat, pork and foul certainly not. I guess nature would have had to design us with the knowledge to start and maintain fire and have the understanding of Trichinellosis, brucellosis, E. coli and Salmonella. Not to mention mad cow disease and so many others. Yea, nature meant for humans to eat meat alright :S

Meat is MURDER!!

If Homo Sapien was designed to eat meat, it would be fish at most, red meat, pork and foul certainly not. I guess nature would have had to design us with the knowledge to start and maintain fire and have the understanding of Trichinellosis, brucellosis, E. coli and Salmonella. Not to mention mad cow disease and so many others. Yea, nature meant for humans to eat meat alright :S

Lame argument - go discuss it with the gnawed animal bones found in archeological digs.

You want to be a vegetarian, that's fine, but Homo Sap. is omnivorous, not herbivorous.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Meat is MURDER!!

Lame argument - go discuss it with the gnawed animal bones found in archeological digs.

You want to be a vegetarian, that's fine, but Homo Sap. is omnivorous, not herbivorous.

Lame argument? You just make that claim w/oany support, I've supported my claim. Usual/usual.

Homo Sapien was, at most, allowed by design to eat fish, eggs, dairy. Altho I doubt mother nature had Homo Sapien sucking on a cow's teets, esp since the bactieria would eventually kill him. So strike dairy and possibly eggs. The only meat Homo Sapien could have digested raw would have been fish; CAN YOU REFUTE THAT OR JUST MORE UNSUBSTANTIATED RHETORIC?

The only meat Homo Sapien could have digested raw would have been fish; CAN YOU REFUTE THAT OR JUST MORE UNSUBSTANTIATED RHETORIC?

I had a rare steak the other night that was really rare. (by definition, a cool red center) And I didn't think about this thread at all. I enjoyed my meal. It didn't prove anything to anyone except me (that I still love a nice cut of meat, and that cow is yummy).
--
Rob

The only meat Homo Sapien could have digested raw would have been fish; CAN YOU REFUTE THAT OR JUST MORE UNSUBSTANTIATED RHETORIC?

I had a rare steak the other night that was really rare. (by definition, a cool red center) And I didn't think about this thread at all. I enjoyed my meal. It didn't prove anything to anyone except me (that I still love a nice cut of meat, and that cow is yummy).

Amen to that..I had a VERYnice thick rib eye last night.

If Lucky wants to graze thru a field...more power to him....go enjoy. I guess that is how he has been looking into the eyes of so many other food animals.:ph34r:

My comments weren't designed to appeal to your conscience.

If Lucky wants to graze thru a field...more power to him....go enjoy. I guess that is how he has been looking into the eyes of so many other food animals.:ph34r:

If you want to turn compassion for those w/o a voice into a sexually perverted remark, cool. I did think I could get thru to your compassionate conscience, I've seen you have one.

If you want to turn compassion for those w/o a voice into a sexually perverted remark, cool. I did think I could get thru to your compassionate conscience, I've seen you have one.

:D:D:D

Strike a nerve????:o

:D:D

Compassion is feeding my family MEAT dude. Live with it
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I know this is a subject you seem to be a FANATIC about.. please do not expect others to follow suit. I will be the first to admit I am a speciesist, and some species are known as FOOD.. deal with it.

I know this is a subject you seem to be a FANATIC about.. please do not expect others to follow suit. I will be the first to admit I am a speciesist, and some species are known as FOOD.. deal with it.

At least you admit that you are a speciesist, most pseudo-carnivores don't ackonowldge that. Yes, some species are known as food and some as prey, it's just unnatural when those designed not to predate on food animals do so. Esp weird when they do so in a factory farming process.

I understand you feel bad when an animal gives its life so you can have a certain taste, your desire to eat unnaturally outlasts your feelings for these animals by way of ignoring and pretending these animals aren't strung up by the hooves for sometimes hours before their throats are slit. Ultimately, it is you who must deal with it, I have delt with mine and made choices accordingly.

At least you admit that you are a speciesist, most pseudo-carnivores don't ackonowldge that. Yes, some species are known as food and some as prey, it's just unnatural when those designed not to predate on food animals do so. Esp weird when they do so in a factory farming process.

I understand you feel bad when an animal gives its life so you can have a certain taste, your desire to eat unnaturally outlasts your feelings for these animals by way of ignoring and pretending these animals aren't strung up by the hooves for sometimes hours before their throats are slit. Ultimately, it is you who must deal with it, I have delt with mine and made choices accordingly.

It only has to be dealt with as long as it take the grill to heat up
Abraham Lincoln

:D:D:D

Strike a nerve????:o

:D:D

Compassion is feeding my family MEAT dude. Live with it

Actually it stuck Amazon's nerve, I knew she had some unlike many others here.

Feeding herbivores a carnivorous diet is compassionate? I just don't see the connection. Actually it's incompassionate in that it will likely be the cause of their death to some part.

From a guy who thinks it's great that HMO CEO's get paid tens of millions while 40 million US citizens go w/o coverage, thinking that the same would think once about a defenseless animal being hung by its hoof for hours until its throat is cut isn't even in the menu.

Ahh so much hypocrisy in you little grasshopper. You are not apologetic in the wanton killing of the plants you eat.. face it.. you thrive on death... just like all the other species on this planet in one way or another.

From a guy who thinks it's great that HMO CEO's get paid tens of millions while 40 million US citizens go w/o coverage, thinking that the same would think once about a defenseless animal being hung by its hoof for hours until its throat is cut isn't even in the menu.

Why thank you

(even though your post is a misleading pile of crap as usual)

I grew up chopping the heads off chickens. Taking animals to meat lockers that were treated as pets by me.

Get of your high horse, the fall might get you hurt....
Abraham Lincoln

Ahh so much hypocrisy in you little grasshopper. You are not apologetic in the wanton killing of the plants you eat.. face it.. you thrive on death... just like all the other species on this planet in one way or another.

We, as Homo Sapien, are heterotrophs; we are designed to get our food externally rather than produce our own as with autotrophs (most plants). With that, we are designed to eat vegetation based upon ALL physiological aparatus and systems. Just as a coyote eats rabbits and is natural, a human eats vegetation and is natural. Do I think it's sad when a predator animal eats prey? Of course, but it's the natural process. What's devastating is when a heterotrophic species of 6+ billion eats massive amounts of animal, factory farmed prey when it causes so much suffering and they aren't naturally designed to do so. It's also sad that the same 6+B causes pain to themselves in the process. All the corn grown to feed these animals could be used to feed people and this could be used to stop world hunger, etc. It's just wasteful all teh way around.

Obviously this bothers you which explains the sarcastic response which is really non-responsive considering you're calling me a heterotrophic herbivore and making fun of that, when I was designed as such. It's like making fun of a guy for wearing guy clothes and having a guy job, dating girls, etc.

Why thank you

(even though your post is a misleading pile of crap as usual)

I grew up chopping the heads off chickens. Taking animals to meat lockers that were treated as pets by me.

Get of your high horse, the fall might get you hurt....

Taking animals to meat lockers that were treated as pets by me.

Dahmer would be proud :D