brenthutch

Why New Orleans was so damaged by Katrina

Or a democrat? I guess that would make "run away" the new republican value. (Or, per Palin, quitting.)

Her new life, post VP run, was clearly a distraction to the operation of the entire executive branch of the AK government. There were more reporters there digging into things than employees, so her leaving was clearly in the interest of the government and the AK population.

But I don't pretend that was her prime motive. If you offered me the opportunity to resign, and enter the speakers circuit at $50K to $100K per night, I would take it. Who wouldn't?

Dems should look at the bright side. Had she not resigned and chosen the other path, she may have been the next Senator from AK.

democrat mayor, democrat chief of police democrat city council democrat senator, democrat governor, democrat electorate. But is is all GWs fault?[:/]

yep that is what the democrats want everyone to see. It is hard these days to get any polition to stand up and say "I fucked up" they just blame the first person from the other party. Bush did not squander the money meant to study or fix the leavy system, did not tell the people and the fed gov that everything was ok, he didn't even create the hurricane ( although Amazon and Kallend may think he did). He did move the national guard and army with supplies and relief into the area within days of the disaster. even though it is very hard to get to a dissaster area when power lines are down, trees and building cover the roads, and airports are not usable, and the local people are looting and fighting amongst themselves and even shooting at those that came to help them.

Was there mistakes ? yes there were but it was not Bush's fault that the state handled their funds poorly, didnot evacuate properly and poorly organized any chance of relief getting to the people sooner.

democrat mayor, democrat chief of police democrat city council democrat senator, democrat governor, democrat electorate. But is is all GWs fault?[:/]

yep that is what the democrats want everyone to see. It is hard these days to get any polition to stand up and say "I fucked up" they just blame the first person from the other party. Bush did not squander the money meant to study or fix the leavy system, did not tell the people and the fed gov that everything was ok, he didn't even create the hurricane ( although Amazon and Kallend may think he did). He did move the national guard and army with supplies and relief into the area within days of the disaster. even though it is very hard to get to a dissaster area when power lines are down, trees and building cover the roads, and airports are not usable, and the local people are looting and fighting amongst themselves and even shooting at those that came to help them.

Was there mistakes ? yes there were but it was not Bush's fault that the state handled their funds poorly, didnot evacuate properly and poorly organized any chance of relief getting to the people sooner.

GAWD I can just FEEL all that wonderful fringe right hate.. please keep it coming:S:S:S

You really do believe this crap don't you... Can I point you to the local RW militia sites... they do hate well too:S:S:S:S:S

No hate....just the facts.

No, no...you don't understand. You had the sheer, unmitigated GALL to say something that did NOT lay the blame for all the world's ills at the feet of BOOOOOOSH and the Republicans.

Because of that, you are a RW hater and you spread RW hate.

Don't worry - you get used to hearing it over and over and over and over....
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

No, no...you don't understand. You had the sheer, unmitigated GALL to say something that did NOT lay the blame for all the world's ills at the feet of BOOOOOOSH and the Republicans.

In what kind of fantasy land do you really think that I would really believe that Bush created a hurricane.. get a fucking grip already:S:S:S Yall are having some strange ass hallucinations these days
I think his administratioons response was criminal and half assed compared to the help that the REPUBLICAN state right next door got.. He and his ilk played politics with the lives of the people of NO and a hell of a lot of them died.. but in Halley Barbours C of CC land and George Bush's world that is ok... most of them were just dumb negros who were unfortunate enough to live in a democratic state and a democratic district. In your world I guess they deserved to be punished for that.>:(>:(

That is the hate I am talking about Mark, Brent and Mike.. shame on you.

Are you saying that MS got more aid than LA!?!?
Check your facts

The larger point is that when the gov. starts to institionialize aid to the point where the phrase "my govment check" is common place, and when people refer to public housing as "my house"; they have destroyed that society by trying to help it. Strange how the folks in MS (that has black folks, by the way) recovered much quicker than the big easy' even though the huricane hit them directly!

Are you saying that MS got more aid than LA!?!?
Check your facts

The larger point is that when the gov. starts to institionialize aid to the point where the phrase "my govment check" is common place, and when people refer to public housing as "my house"; they have destroyed that society by trying to help it. Strange how the folks in MS (that has black folks, by the way) recovered much quicker than the big easy' even though the huricane hit them directly!

Amazon is not interested in what actually happened, only blaming people she feels are responsible for what happened.

In what kind of fantasy land do you really think that I would really believe that Bush created a hurricane.. get a fucking grip already:S:S:S Yall are having some strange ass hallucinations these days
I think his administratioons response was criminal and half assed compared to the help that the REPUBLICAN state right next door got.. He and his ilk played politics with the lives of the people of NO and a hell of a lot of them died.. but in Halley Barbours C of CC land and George Bush's world that is ok... most of them were just dumb negros who were unfortunate enough to live in a democratic state and a democratic district. In your world I guess they deserved to be punished for that.>:(>:(

Hate? check your spewing meter, I think you broke yours

Let me put it another way:

A society that depends more on government will be hurt to a greater degree than a society that depends less on government, when that government fails. Whether that be local, state or federal.

I agree, government should be as small as possible, handle only the things that connot be handled in the public sector.

Hate? check your spewing meter, I think you broke yours

I fully support the ability of those who need to be racist to be just as backward as most of the others who claim they are not racist... yet spout the same things posted on right wing hate sites like the C of CC or the Volksfront.... or a myriad of others... but don't be afraid of being PC.. we appreciate those who speak with such candor and for coming out of that deep dark closet of hate.

>democrat mayor, democrat chief of police democrat city council democrat
>senator, democrat governor, democrat electorate.

Nope. Actually it was the 'fault' of a category 4 hurricane making a direct hit on a city built below sea level. Unfortunately, many people cannot see beyond their partisan agenda, and instead prefer to look for scapegoats for what a storm did.

>democrat mayor, democrat chief of police democrat city council democrat
>senator, democrat governor, democrat electorate.

Nope. Actually it was the 'fault' of a category 4 hurricane making a direct hit on a city built below sea level. Unfortunately, many people cannot see beyond their partisan agenda, and instead prefer to look for scapegoats for what a storm did.

correct, but lives lost and damage done could have been greatly reduced by correct actions of the local and state governments before the huricane arrived, by the time it got to the federal government it was to late the damage was done. Still all the blame keeps falling on Bush and not those responsible for the actual descisions made that caused the exrended loss of life and damage.

>Still all the blame keeps falling on Bush and not those responsible for the actual
>descisions made that caused the exrended loss of life and damage.

Both democrats and republicans made plenty of errors in responding to the results of Katrina. And while some may claim that that is due to Bush's stupidity or the Democrat's inherent laziness, the real answer is simple complacency. Those levees had held for a long, long time.

Those levees had held for a long, long time.

They broke because Katrina hit at just the right angle and intensity. The 17th street canal has failed before.

Complacency? Hardly. It is simply way too expensive to provide us with complete hurricane protection. It's the way it is. I'm not complaining. Neither should anyone who doesn't live here.

>Still all the blame keeps falling on Bush and not those responsible for the actual
>descisions made that caused the exrended loss of life and damage.

Both democrats and republicans made plenty of errors in responding to the results of Katrina. And while some may claim that that is due to Bush's stupidity or the Democrat's inherent laziness, the real answer is simple complacency. Those levees had held for a long, long time.

And those leeves were determind to not be safe in a cat3 of larger huricane, and the money sent to the state to do further studies was missplaced and missused by the local and state government

>And those leeves were determind to not be safe in a cat3 of larger
>huricane, and the money sent to the state to do further studies was
>missplaced and missused by the local and state government

You can't let any topic go by without trying to blame a democrat for it, can you?

The world really isn't divided into democrats and republicans. Incompetence, complacency and ignorance knows no political boundaries, and that's essential to learn before trying to solve problems. If you spend all your time trying to blame a political party, you'll end up as one of the reasons the response to the next disaster is even worse.

>And those leeves were determind to not be safe in a cat3 of larger
>huricane, and the money sent to the state to do further studies was
>missplaced and missused by the local and state government

You can't let any topic go by without trying to blame a democrat for it, can you?

The world really isn't divided into democrats and republicans. Incompetence, complacency and ignorance knows no political boundaries, and that's essential to learn before trying to solve problems. If you spend all your time trying to blame a political party, you'll end up as one of the reasons the response to the next disaster is even worse.

that post had nothing about dem or rep. it said local and state government, and I am sure it had a couple rep's in there, mostly dem though.