wayneflorida

VFW members duct tape flag burner to flag pole

Everybody take note: If a robber breaks into your house you have to let him rob you. According to Lucky's Logic if you hold them at gunpoint until the cops show up you are guilty of kidnapping, amongst other crimes.

And there shows more naiveté; kidnapping usually requires you move a person so many feet. What you're trying to say is that you could be charged with illegal or wrongful detention. I wouldn't worry about that, but using your example I wouldn't shoot him in the back as he's fleeing.

After all, you would have insinuated violence against them if they resist and they have not been convicted and therefore have commited no crime.

The difference is that the alleged flag burner was at home, so your example is jokingly invalid.

You see there...another example of why I should have watched more crime shows on TV.

I think there are several people here...myself included...waiting for you to post where the vets actually made a threat against the kid. Or are you just assuming that from what they said?

The media release stated the kid weas given 3 choices, 1 was to fight a seasoned vet, as I recall it stating. When you track someone down you don't tell them, "My good man, we will challenge you to a duel; you must fight a well-seasoned vet. The charge will be at 20 paces." We just don't talk that way, I think it was more like, 'You have 2 choices, asshole, get your ass kicked or let us tape you to that same flagpole you burned our flag from.'

But either way, the media represented that the VFWers gave an ultimatum that included violence.

See, we are all really on the same page as to what occurred, you just think it was ok and I don't, so to make an issue of differring renditions is meaningless as we all agree that pretty much the same thing happened.

>Actually I'm really not.

Dude, if you're not having fun, do something else. This is the freaking internet - and this particular forum is a political discussion board on a skydiving website. Do not labor under the delusion that you are saving the world, dispensing justice, educating the ignorant masses or bringing clarity to the situation. This forum was created so that people could have pointless arguments without affecting the rest of DZ.com, which occasionally has useful information posted to it.

And I think we are all having pointless arguments together; what's the rub? The thing is that in most forums it ends up this way: side A / side B, so it's all the same.

>And I think we are all having pointless arguments together; what's the rub?

Nothing! If you enjoy it, by all means, blather away; that's what the forum is for. If you don't enjoy it, find something you enjoy doing and do that. Life's too short to spend it doing something you don't enjoy (and don't get paid for, and just wastes your time.)

>And I think we are all having pointless arguments together; what's the rub?

Nothing! If you enjoy it, by all means, blather away; that's what the forum is for. If you don't enjoy it, find something you enjoy doing and do that. Life's too short to spend it doing something you don't enjoy (and don't get paid for, and just wastes your time.)

CoolB|. If I "disenjoy" (Bush word) it more than I "disenjoy" other forums then I'll leave. ;)

Peace.

If you want to go back to make your point, go for it - I'm all ears.

:o:):D

You have ignored the known facts, implied and insinuated with pure abandon and the subjectively claimed them (those points you insinuate and imply) to be some kind of fact and then told others here THEY don't know of what they post:S:S

billvon is right, you are just stirring the pot.

But as others have said, don't let me stop you. I for one cant believe you are still hanging in there.

I will go back to lurking yet again:)
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Those who are sworn to uphold and enforce the law, aka the police, have not filed any charges which they would be obligated to do, especially with the level of exposure this incident has garnered.

To use your term, you don't live in the real world. I have had cases refused to be written by high-level cops/detectives.

Here's a scenario from 20 years ago:

I was a civilian working at an Air Force Base in ND. I was dating a girl and there was a complicated love quadrangle that finally burst, it involved a set of twins of whom I had been with both and the BF of the other was pissed, volumes more info. Anyway, I was sitting in a Burger King on the AFB at lunch and the two nuts came in, he was pissed talking shit, standing above me as I sat eating. I ignored him and he then fired an uppercut and blew my face open. I then spun around in my chair, got up, grabbed the chair and launched it at him. He blocked it and it broke his arm. I grabbed another one and was gonna come over the top and be done with him, but I thought for a second and realized he had retreated and that was what I wanted, I put the 2nd chair down.

Cops come out, take the reports from the 30 guests in the restarant, arrest him and I get stitches. Go to talk to the prosecutor and she said she didn't want to prosecute, I said I would go to the AG, she then said she would put on some lame prosecution against him and really come after me. I said I wanted to see the witness statements she was huddled on top of. She said, "you will never see these."

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD, LOU BABY, TRY NOT TO GET IN THE WAY OF PEOPLE WHO KNOW HOW THE SYSTEM ACTUALLY WORKS. Just have another beer and post for fun. The alleged crime belongs to the state, they can take a report on it or refuse to, they can prosecute it or refuse to. I think the fact that the twins went to the prosecutor to lie their ass off had an impact as well as the fact that we were transient working temp in that area. However, if it weren't buttfuck ND, not unlike this BF town, I think there would be a prosecution.

Neither of the parties involved in this incident have filed charges against one another for anything that we know or do not know about what transpired.

LOU, once again telling us how much you don't know. CITIZENS CANNOT FILE CHARGES, THEY MUST MAKE A POLICE REPORT AND HOPE THE PROSECUTOR FILES THEM, whether a direct file or by a Grand Jury via a True Bill, of course the latter is used for more serious felonies. But of course you knew that.

Thats my world and based on my life experiences, I know it to be real as do others.

And I'm sure you have vast life experiences, just not in the legal arena.

AHHH, the plot gets thicker, this is really getting good dear readers. We have just seen more insight into the "why" of the misguided main characters penchant for finding fault with the system and his subsequent stance and insistence that an injustice occurred. His own demons blind him, yet he thinks his path is the righteous one. His kryptonite are the words "PROSECUTORIAL DISCRETION".One day, he will make an excellent prosecutor as he will prosecute every and all fractures of the letter of the law. (fade to black)

Your ornate language is undermined by your lack of understanding of the law, as in people can't file charges, just the government. Thx for posting nothing constructive.

The example was just to demonstrate that just because no charges were filed or a police report taken, that doesn't mean this wasn't pursued by the kid.

Let me refresh your memory, I am here simply for the sheer amusement of listening to your rantings. I am not here to try and get you to change your position or convince you of anything otherwise. I am not a lawyer, neither are you. I DO know what a prosecuting attorney could do with this case, I also have a pretty good idea why it wasn't pursued. Do you and can you explain to all us "ignant necks and turds" why that is? I'll give you a hint, I mentioned it in one of my previous posts.

I'm gonna hit post and go eat me a sammich and get my law learn on by watching an episode of Law and Order. I be back in a few , A'ight?;)

I know why you're here, you lost and now you're just here so as to make us think you didn't concede.

I am not a lawyer, neither are you.

I could easily run lower-end cases. I pro per's a case against 2 law firms (there were several defendants) and won a small judgment ($5k). I beat them in arbitration, 1 appealed, I motioned to let that appellant out and it it left the other in and I collected. Procedurally and strategically I could run lower-end cases. I've seen lawyers in court fuck up all over the place, so being a lwayer is like being a skydiver; ratings and jump #'s don't always means that much.

I DO know what a prosecuting attorney could do with this case, I also have a pretty good idea why it wasn't pursued.

Then why did you state that the kid didn't file charges? I as well have a good idea why it wasn't pursued.

I'm disappointed in you. You claim your lawyer-fu is better than everyone else's yet you still haven't addressed my question and 'splained it to all us ignant folks.;) I'm waiting, cause if you were half as good as you claim, you would have been able to explain it in one post, way back in the beginning that would have addressed every side of this event and why the event has ended like it has. There actually is a valid explanation that can be explained in a very simple way...but of course you know that...so lets hear it.

As an aside, just for your edification, no one "wins" on the internet. But if it makes you feel better you can collect your prize here.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

So you believe the media when they say they offered him three choices, yet you don't when they say the kid has no problem with the way it was resolved.
Yes, they said he was offered three choices. However, it was you who assumes they were offered in a violent and physically intimidating manner. You have no better idea how they approached the kid than anyone else here.
Yet, still, the fact remains that they did offer to take the issue to the authorities and let them sort it out. Why, in your infinite wisdom, did the kid not take this option especially if he was as innocent and victimized as you claim?
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

That's no more or less true than anything else that the article claimed.

Sure it is, we have a vid clip of the VFWers actions, they teamed up and according to them he confessed. In the law, which nothing here was within the law, that confession is meaningless. Just like torture, as I think you've written, torture just gets the tortured to say whatever it will take to make the pain stop.

It was just waterboarding, it wasn't real torture. :P
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.