Darius11

How should we punish the people who are responsible for the loss of inocent life in Iraq?

For all the pilots who drooped bombs, solders who shot bullets, and commanders who gave orders, that resulted in hundreds of thousands of deaths, and even more injuries.
How should we punish these people for committing murder?

Each of them should buy Darius health insurance. This would be the only fair punishment!
* Don't pray for me if you wanna help - just send me a check. *

For all the pilots who drooped bombs, solders who shot bullets, and commanders who gave orders, that resulted in hundreds of thousands of deaths, and even more injuries.

According to the rule of law.

Thereby necessitating combatants versus non-combatants differentiation; application of laws of war, domestic military law (both sides), and other international law; use of discriminate versus indiscriminate force, commensurate response, etc.

/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

I am very curios to see what you all think.

So what should happen to all those responsible for the massive loss of life caused in Iraq?

That is such a loaded question.

Does anyone else find it funny that we made a SPORT out of an EMERGENCY PROCEDURE?!?!

Were talking about Innocent lives lost as of direct action that was taken under a false pretense.

The only reason it might seem loaded is because people try to justify some loss of Innocent life while harshly condemning others.

What are you going to say to the millions of Iraqis who have lost someone they love? ooops it doesn't count we killed them by mistake, or with better guns? That's justice!?
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

>These days, the US oversteps its grounds by imprisoning
>people indefinitely, not executing them.

Google "Dilawar."

Ok - says three soldiers were convicted for this. (light sentencing, yes, but convicted all the same)

One got 2 months in prison, the other two got no prison time at all, for homicide.

Double standard, anyone?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I am very curios to see what you all think.

So what should happen to all those responsible for the massive loss of life caused in Iraq?

It is very very simple -

Lets let the families of the victims of the horrendous acts that Sadam Hussain exacted be on a jury.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Nice to see your still thinking about it.

Do we have an option? It's not like the people would drop cable, cell phone, booze and pot to get health insurance.

this thread is about the loss of innocent life in iraq - not healthcare :)
(do you have an opinion on the subject)
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

I guess i need this to be clarrified more. In 2003 i had shot and killed a young child who had a plastic Ak-47 you all know the one the kind that is an exact replica of such. I was investigated and found to be in the right. So am i to blame for this?? im sure by some people yes. Dont worry all i have tons of examples for you on this topic.

I used Iraq because it was a war started on false reasons. No one can deny that.

Sure they can. I do. Take a look at the history of Hussein before the Gulf War, and his willingness to use WMDs against the Iranians and against the Kurds in his own country. After the war, he repeatedly kicked out UN inspectors, and had stated goals of obtaining nucular :D weapons. Having been caught by surprise in the 911 attack, the administration and congress probably felt the need to be on the offensive. Take a look at this video. I doubt all these people were duped into the false pretense you point to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5p-qIq32m8

Could we have waited longer to see what Saddam was up to? Sure. Should we have? Maybe. A dirty bomb in Times Square a year into that wait, and of course that decision would have been vilified. Who has the crystal ball?

BTW your topic is interesting, and it is a course of instruction all soldiers get. There is a difference between killing a combatant and killing a civilian, and speaking from my own experience, every effort is made to limit civilian exposure. In the case of criminal killing or wonton negligence, those involved should be punished. If you haven't been there, don't diminish the experiences of those who make good decisions every day to protect the innocent.
The forecast is mostly sunny with occasional beer.