Darius11

How should we punish the people who are responsible for the loss of inocent life in Iraq?

For all the pilots who drooped bombs, solders who shot bullets, and commanders who gave orders, that resulted in hundreds of thousands of deaths, and even more injuries.

How should we punish these people for committing murder?

I am very curios to see what you all think.

So what should happen to all those responsible for the massive loss of life caused in Iraq?
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

For all the pilots who drooped bombs, solders who shot bullets, and commanders who gave orders, that resulted in hundreds of thousands of deaths, and even more injuries.

So what should happen to all those responsible for the massive loss of life caused in Iraq?

Would that include Blackwater (Xe) employees?
www.nytimes.com/2009/08/21/us/21intel.html

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

FLÜGGÅƏNK∂€ČHIŒβØL∫Ên xD
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Exactly the same way as if they would at home. A uniform should not give you a free pass to kill innocents. Nor should an order. The person with the finger on the trigger should be prosecuted via Due Process.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

That is the crap of war ... innocents get killed.

Name me a war where they didn't.

I'm not justifying a My Lai type situation, but even in the best of technology, there will be collateral damage.

I am against exasperating the confusion soldiers are put in through combat by hanging a "If innocents get killed, we'll put you away for life" threat over their heads.

steveOrino

I'm not justifying a Mei Lei type situation, but even in the best of technology, there will be collateral damage.

I am against exasperating the confusion soldiers are put in through combat by hanging a "If innocents get killed, we'll put you away for life" threat over their heads.

Calley served 3 years of "house arrest" for My Lai, and in polls 79% of Americans thought that too much.

UK troops who are identified as having committed crimes in Iraq are arrested and brought to justice in a court of law and if found guilty face prison.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

whoa.......

i wouldn't touch THIS with a 20 foot pole.
But i will check back to see if OTHERS do....

trolling are we???

jt

He's just looking to expose the clear double standard shown by some posters here. Killing civilians is only heinous when done by people they don't like.

I'm not justifying a Mei Lei type situation, but even in the best of technology, there will be collateral damage.

Calley served 3 years of "house arrest" for My Lai, and in polls 79% of Americans thought that too much.

Count me as in the other 21%, but what do I know. I was 13 in 1968.

steveOrino

Again let me clarify. IMHO there is a big difference between casualty of war and the willful killing of civilians.

Again, like the relatives of the victims of the Lockabee bombing... it could depend upon your personal perspective.

If some 'act of war' killed one of my famility, I'd not be calling it collatoral damage.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Again let me clarify. IMHO there is a big difference between casualty of war and the willful killing of civilians.

Obviously, a family taken from their beds lined up and shot is clearly a crime, a family killed as they hide in a room in a compound that is being cleared of the enemy and a grenade comes through the door is tragic but unlikely to be a crime.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Count me as in the other 21%, but what do I know. I was 13 in 1968.

old fart:P
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

You left out the terrorists who specifically target innocent civilians, and their Iranian "diplomats" who help them perfect their skills.

Feel free to include them, but if you comment on them please comment on the others as well.

Have you ever been in combat?

Are you arguing for a double standard?

No, simply stating the fog of war is just that. Until you have experienced it, I think the information you make blanket statements about punishing any soldier who accidentally kills civilians in a crossfire is incomplete.

steveOrino

whoa.......

i wouldn't touch THIS with a 20 foot pole.
But i will check back to see if OTHERS do....

trolling are we???

jt

He's just looking to expose the clear double standard shown by some posters here. Killing civilians is only heinous when done by people they don't like.

I wonder if they even see their lack of consistency?

I bet you some of the ones I am most curios about will not even answer. It will be easier for them to make fun or find some issue with the thread then to realize how they decide for compassion or no tolerance. It would be great if they see they are motivated by justice as many claim or hate.

The weapons of war are different on every side depending on capability.

War is fighting and killing. Dead is dead no matter if it was a result of bomb from a an F18 or a bomb attached to Ahmed.

Every war has collateral damage, when we make the decision to go to war we make the decision knowing inocent people will die. We try to justify this by giving reasons for going to war. However when those reasons are false it means we made a mistake. So do you just say ooopppps sorry or do you want the people responsible to pay for their crimes?

I think many decide whom they will show compassion too and who gets zero tolerance by who did the crime, and not the crime it self.

The worst part is I think the ones mots guilty of this do not even see it.

Are you arguing for a double standard?

Or maybe pointing out that it's two different situations. Collateral fatalities (I don't like "damage", it is dead people not holes on the road) is not the same as the TARGETING of civilians in a premeditated act of terror. Even you can't draw a straight line between the two adn any attempt to do so only exhibits that you're so married to your viewpoint that reality isn't allowed to intrude.
You are only as strong as the prey you devour