CornishChris

America needs no enemies

I am an outsider looking in. I know that every country has its politics and different points of view but I really have never seen the level of vitriolic spleen vented anywhere else than by Americans. At Bush's re-election there were Democrats threatening to leave the country. With Obama being elected there were Republicans threatening the same. To some people anyone with a different politcal view is a 'damned Liberal' or a 'Right wing NeoCon'. It is incredible the bipolarity of the country when looked at from the outside.

As an example look at all the posts about how bad Obama is at the moment. Rewind 3 years and there was the same about Bush.

Added to this more Americans are killed by other Americans every year than in all of the 'wars' that you are all involved in around the world.

To me, looking in, it seems like you don't need any enemies around the world as you have more than enough in your own back yards. Don't get me wrong, I am sure the UK is like this to an outsider but I really don't see the same level of absolute outrage in the political system as you guys have. You should be proud of your passion.

Discuss.

CJP

Gods don't kill people. People with Gods kill people

Are you familiar with the comic strip "Pogo"?

So, yeah, we've known this pretty much forever. There's really nothing an outsider can tell us that we don't already know, although, not all of us are willing to admit it.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

To me, looking in, it seems like you don't need any enemies around the world as you have more than enough in your own back yards. Don't get me wrong, I am sure the UK is like this to an outsider but I really don't see the same level of absolute outrage in the political system as you guys have. You should be proud of your passion.

Your PM seemed pretty unpopular, nevermind the MPs, when I was in London in May (right when the billing scandal hit).

Other countries have coups every few years.

Most Americans on this site never post in here; they want nothing to do with said vitriol.

Do you mean you think they simply don't wan't to face the facts or the abuse is uncalled for?

Plenty of americans post in here, but I suppose the majorty are talking about skydiving in other forums or boobies and cuddles next door!
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix