rushmc

Damn! This one has got to STING

Did the democrats and the left leaners not think soldiers were going to die? its war, people die. a large percentage of the all parties voted for the wars and a large percentage of the people thought the wars were needed. when the press only showed the negatives about the war the people lost their stomache for the choices we as a country made and put the blame on Bush and the republicans. The left is good and pointing fingers at everyone but themselves and trying to make others take the blame that rightfully belongs to them also.

No, the left leaners were against the war. They were protesting in the streets here, making quite a mess. (bit silly too, marching in SF is about a perfect example of preaching to the choir as it gets)

The rest of America was fine with every Arab on earth being killed. But bear in mind that the prior Iraqi war set expectations - only a few hundred soldiers died. And for that matter, in taking Iraq and capturing Hussein, still only a few hundred soldiers died. It was the latter, vague, unplanned nation building mission that failed so badly. The public was not prepared for that, esp when the President is claiming 'Mission Accomplished' only a couple months into a now 6+ year war.

Nope, not unaware at all. I just pointed out how selective the current admin is when they want to point it out vs when they say they never pay attention to it.

The numbers I find more telling ar 34m now on food stamps (the advertising must be working)
Almost 300m people lost their jobs
How much is the treasurey spending more than they are getting?

Oh, and treasury dollars coming in at a rate that compares how to 1934?

Oh I am aware, are you?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Nope, not unaware at all. I just pointed out how selective the current admin is when they want to point it out vs when they say they never pay attention to it.

Kind of like internet forum posters who say they never put stock in polls. Until the polls say something they like.

Just sayin'

- Dan G

And to think that Obama had anything to do with the increase is B.S. The increase started before the stimulus bill and to this day only about 10% of the stimulus money has been distributed. The inflation and extended recession caused by the overspending is still to come.

The question at hand is did he worsen the recession. Not if it ends, was he responsible or just lucky.

Try to stay on topic.

yes he did, is that on topic enough? He alson made my life alot worse thanks to his cash for clunkers program, so my portion of the recession may last alot longer.

Kind of like internet forum posters who say they never put stock in polls. Until the polls say something they like.

Just sayin'

:D

Only when it is fun.
but I have clearly stated why I do this:)
Abraham Lincoln

We must all be out of work then, since there weren't 300m workers to begin with.

True, my bad on the extra digits:$

But you knew what I meant, correct?
Abraham Lincoln

yes he did, is that on topic enough? He alson made my life alot worse thanks to his cash for clunkers program, so my portion of the recession may last alot longer.

If you read my posting history (and no, I don't expect anyone to take such detailed notes), you'll see I've often wrote that everyone defines the recessions individually. It's also why I laughed a bit at the economic revisions this past week where the WH says that 2001 was milder than written, and the last year is worse. I am doing very well in this one, and I did very poorly in 2001.

But if the GDP growth goes from -6% to -1%, and a leading indicator like the stock market increases 40%, you have a hard time supporting the idea that it's getting worse.

I have clearly stated

Where's that fainting icon when you need it :P:)

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Too many possibilities. could have meant:

30M
3B (use Dr. Evil voice)

I guess I just assumed you all pay attention to the news reports and stayed informed.

May bad.
Abraham Lincoln

If you read my posting history (and no, I don't expect anyone to take such detailed notes), you'll see I've often wrote that everyone defines the recessions individually.

The NBER is generally recognized by economists and the US govt. as the impartial, independent arbiter of recession data.

It avoids the problem of 300 million people all having a different, subjective definition.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

We must all be out of work then, since there weren't 300m workers to begin with.

I thought you were making fun of Pelosi's exact same slip from a couple months ago. The crowd castigating you on it chimed in on it being an honest mistake for her. That's the funny part.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I thought you were making fun of Pelosi's exact same slip from a couple months ago. The crowd castigating you on it chimed in on it being an honest mistake for her. That's the funny part.

I screw up and get in a hurry. I can take the beating for it. Part of the game.
:)
And I remember that now but, I cant say I was quick enough to do it purposfully, but it would have been good.

And now that you point out the hypocrisy all is good!
Abraham Lincoln