dreamdancer

Minimum Wage Stuck in the 1950s

Illegal = Wrong

I don't think i can break it down and make it any simpler for you to attempt understanding at this point.

Unless you can show me how Illegal = Right

Interesting thing is that you don't have a problem with at least one skydiver being in the US illegally....is it only when they are Mexican that you have an issue with the concept?

Please show me where I said that, or typed that, or even inferred that.

Undocumented workers = Problem
Illegal Immigration = Problem

If you are here and not with the proper paperwork - GTFO!
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I am of the opinion that if you took all the "benefits" away, they woul still come in droves. Have you ever been to Mexico? Have you ever seen Juarez?

I lived in El Paso for 16 years - I think I can say yes to that.

And my answer to you is - THAT is why we need a wall.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

If you are here and not with the proper paperwork - GTFO!

When was the last time you told Andy_Copland that?

Ask him - The last time I saw him at a boogie - I told him I'd call immigration unless he fixed himself and got legal.

Dis-allow the medical and welfare and I believe that the numbers woulod drop DRAMATICALLY!

Illegal immigrants have been ineligible to receive welfare benefits on most fronts since at least the early 70's, when I worked for the food stamp office.

They had to have a green card. I'm quite certain that hasn't changed. So the "take benefits away" argument is mostly a straw man. Why waste time with it?

As far as care in emergency rooms is concerned, what is your plan for someone showing up with an emergent condition and no paperwork?

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Ask him - The last time I saw him at a boogie - I told him I'd call immigration unless he fixed himself and got legal.

You have had quite some time to do that now. At the same time you can call about the Canadian packers at most southern dropzones during the winter.

>to try negate the truth

>>>>>Just out of curiosity, what are you considering "the truth" here? That you dislike immigration?

Yes, if done ILLEGALLY -

Is it the "truth" that illegal immigration is wrong? Please.

Illegal = Wrong

I don't think i can break it down and make it any simpler for you to attempt understanding at this point.

Unless you can show me how Illegal = Right.

You must be completely unfamiliar with the work of Mahatma Ghandi in India. As well as completely clueless about the work of Nelson Mandela in South Africa.

The fact that a law exists does not indicate right and wrong. Quite the contrary, in many cases.

An example you might understand is the law that was passed in DC that outlawed private ownership of handguns. That one didn't work out too well, eh?

It was legal to own other human beings in the USA. It was illegal for women to vote until 1920. It was the mid sixties before an un-married adult woman could own property in her own name.

Try re-thinking your black/white right/wrong legal/illegal concepts and expanding them to a more realistic world viewpoint.

Or not.

Good righties don't think for themselves or question authority, unless told to do so by their superiors.
Check with Lush Rimjob and chickenshit O'Reilly for the current version of acceptable thinking for righties. Then come back and post their latest and greatest stupid bullshit.

Congratulations, again. You just confused liberalism with laziness. Way to go.

Just following your STERLING example when talking about conservatives - you know, those middle-class guys like Geithner that don't pay their taxes.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

>Simple enough, and nothing unfair about it.

Yea huh. Theres nothing unfair about convincing people to love their servitude. Or is that just noise?

People either love (or like) what they do or not. Nobody is forcing anyone to stay at a job or work with someone if they do not want to. Staying on and complaining is just so much noise.

What is the real question? Or what is your position statement?

Do you think a person should be guaranteed happiness in their career choice?
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

What does making him unable to breed accomplish?
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

>you know, those middle-class guys like Geithner that don't pay their taxes

Conservatives are typically middle to upper class persons who feel that they are unfairly taxed and wish to have a smaller-less restrictive government.

Unfotunately, as a result, they often "forget to" pay their taxes or find ways of getting around paying them, just like the Wal-Marts and Bank of Americas that they own or manage forget to do. Oops!

>Do you think a person should be guaranteed happiness in their career choice?

Not necessarily, but I do think they have rights as workers and their employers have many obligations to treat them accordingly, and some of them just so happen to come from economic examples - compensate your workers fairly, and they will be happier - thus they will produce more.

Your tagline is an example of the mentality that exists among power enthusiasts. Find a way to exploit your workers any way that you can, and you will reap the rewards. That is a mentality I am opposed to. I think it is sick, an expression of sadomasochistic business practices (you know, the kind that Capitalism and Freedom wish to avoid - i.e. "No man is to be used as a means to the ends of another man.")

>" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Interesting... that sounds far more aligned with a manipulative mind than a free-market oriented personality would ever wish to admit on the surface.

So which is it, do you think a man can be used as a means for another man? Or is every man a means to his own ends? Is your tagline consistent with that?

"You did it too" doesn't negate the statement.

No shit, Sherlock. Did you actually have a point to make, or just more whining about those conservatives (like Geithner and Daschle) that don't pay their taxes?

Oops!

Indeed.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

>to try negate the truth

>>>>>Just out of curiosity, what are you considering "the truth" here? That you dislike immigration?

Yes, if done ILLEGALLY -

Illegal = Wrong

You must be completely unfamiliar with the work of Mahatma Ghandi in India. As well as completely clueless about the work of Nelson Mandela in South Africa.

The fact that a law exists does not indicate right and wrong. Quite the contrary, in many cases.

An example you might understand is the law that was passed in DC that outlawed private ownership of handguns. That one didn't work out too well, eh?

It was legal to own other human beings in the USA. It was illegal for women to vote until 1920. It was the mid sixties before an un-married adult woman could own property in her own name.

Try re-thinking your black/white right/wrong legal/illegal concepts and expanding them to a more realistic world viewpoint.

Or not.

Good righties don't think for themselves or question authority, unless told to do so by their superiors.
Check with Lush Rimjob and chickenshit O'Reilly for the current version of acceptable thinking for righties. Then come back and post their latest and greatest stupid bullshit.

Awwwe, don't let snookums get all angry cuz we disagree.

I AGREE with the law and I support it. Get over it. It is right and you are wrong.

Simple as that.

Maybe you want jobs taken away from americans - that is your right to want that. In fact I even helped defend that right. I wish I'd had a choice as to who's rights I defended, but alas it is not to be so.

>to try negate the truth

Yes, if done ILLEGALLY -

Illegal = Wrong

Or not.

Awwwe, don't let snookums get all angry cuz we disagree.

I AGREE with the law and I support it. Get over it. It is right and you are wrong.

Simple as that.

Maybe you want jobs taken away from americans - that is your right to want that. In fact I even helped defend that right. I wish I'd had a choice as to who's rights I defended, but alas it is not to be so.

Whinging and whining, the great righty communication method.

Immigrants have always been shit on by those that got here before them. The Irish in Boston were shit on. The Okies were shit on in Callifornia. They'll take our jobs!!! wahhh waahh, they'll fuck our women, wwaahh, waahh waahh, They should have stayed home, they smell bad, they eat weird food, etc, etc. Wwaaahhh waaahhh, waahhh.

I thought that a good righty principle was to hire the cheapest labor that you can for a given task. If the labor is not a legal citizen, it is the laborers fault that they got the job, not the employer. The EMPLOYER is the victim. It is blindingly obvious. Those rotten illegals are deliberatly trying to ruin respectable businesses. Fire them and hire citizens.
(This comes under the heading of "Get a more realistic world view", as in EXTREME sarcasm)
Cluelessness seems to run rampant among righties.

Whinging and whining, the great righty communication method

Says the poster that can't seem to do anything BUT whinge and whine.

thst poster would be you then :)
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

Whinging and whining, the great righty communication method

Says the poster that can't seem to do anything BUT whinge and whine.

thst poster would be you then :)

HOW many thread have you started about the evil capitalists? :)
(since we're discussing whinging and whining)
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

What the hell is "whinging"?

It's like whining, but shriller - evidently it's a Brit thing. :P

Would you to go to bed already!

I don't think that my coworkers would like that, what with it being 10am and all...
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Just out of curiosity, what are you considering "the truth" here? That you dislike immigration?

Yes, if done ILLEGALLY -

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Illegal = Wrong

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you really just compare the integrity of modern US immigration law to the mid-20th century law of minority regimes in India and Africa ?
...and in the same reply suggest that others should have a "more realistic world viewpoint" ?

On a sidenote:
Right and wrong are points of view, much like good and evil. The fact that they were (or are) written into law means that somebody, at some time, believed it to be "right", even if it wasn't you.