RonD1120

Fits with "why don't people work"

Quite true. Not all pot heads are going to end up in drug treatment. However, in all the years I worked in the field, I feel safe in saying that over 95% of my clients used pot.

that is not the same as saying that 95% of mj users have a problem. not the same by a long shot

how many of your clients drink coffee? or eat chocolate and assuming its equal if not more than people who smoke pot why are they not criminals in exactly the same way?

its HYPOCRISY as usual

In this country if you use marijuana, outside Rx marijuana, you are breaking the law and run the risk of going to jail. To me that is a real problem not HYPOCRISY.

If a person is having difficulty accepting life on life's term to the point that breaking the law and going to jail is a viable path to cope, something is wrong in their psychological makeup. The same goes for alcohol or any mood altering substances.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

You've been giving us quite a lesson in "false prophets" lately. Thank you.

Why do you have the poison label on your logo? I don't care, just curious. Is it project or inspire fear?

Nice try. Again. Sorry, not playing your game.

what, so i can learn to be full of hate toward my fellow man? thanks, i'll pass.

And you failed to answer my question, which was NOT rhetorical:

What if your neighbor is a gay man who smokes marijuana?

It would be my neighbor doing illegal drugs....

What of it?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

>He lost that chance in high school once he smoke the stuff.

Right. But for the third time - how does other people smoking it hurt YOU?

Loosing a friend is not getting hurt? Society spending money on those who will not take care of themselves or steal to get money for drugs in not getting hurt?

It is it everyone? No. Only takes one to qualify my answer though, doesnt it........
Abraham Lincoln

Mate, the reason it is not very loving is that the Christian right believe in only loving those who subscribe to their neolithic sadistic beliefs. If you are for instance gay, or you choose to smoke pot in your own home, you are cast down with the sodomites and will burn in hell for all time. Isn't their silly god a vengeful bastard ?

If they had their way we would all be in church running around screaming in tongues just like people who OD on LSD. So you see, it's OK to get high on a fake make believe friend and run about talking dribble, but if you actually get HIGH you burn in hell. Or even worse if you " look with lust" at someone of your own sex.

Go home crazy Christian right. no one in the liberal world cares.

My bro lives in CO and he told me the weirdo who chucked Richard Dawkins off his church property turned out to be shagging Gay hookers.... Now thats what I call crazy christian suppressed desire!!

D

Thanks for the living example of the "tolerance" of the Left...

No kidding. It's fun to laugh at their hate speech, though.

No no no. It is only HATE speech if it is against a minority of some kind. That question was answered recently on the hill when senators were asking Obamas AG about the new hate crime legislation he wants
Abraham Lincoln

>Loosing a friend is not getting hurt?

Yes, losing a friend is sad. We've all lost friends to skydiving, smoking and drinking. (At least most of us have.) But that's because their death hurts us, not their skydiving or smoking.

>Society spending money on those who will not take care of themselves . . . .

Yes, that's a problem - but it has nothing to do with drugs. It has to do with laziness.

>or steal to get money for drugs in not getting hurt?

?? Making marijuana legal would END all that, which is what we're talking about here.

So for the fourth and final time - how does other people smoking hurt YOU, RushMC? Not society, not some sort of morality, not by hurting others - how does it hurt YOU?

prevent the federal government from prosecuting users of marijuana in states where the use of the drug for medical reasons is legal.

this is really confusing

1 - don't prosecute the prescription users of the stuff? okay, makes sense

or

2 - don't prosecute ANY user in those states that have a medical use criteria - including the non-medical users? that's really contrived, it's illegal, but don't prosecute?

which is it?

someone smoking only hurts me with the 2nd hand exposure and sometimes them being idiots. no biggie, we can handlle that. - but please move your damn camper to the other side of the camper grounds away from the area where all the families put there campers in the first place to move away from the original dopers. It stinks up the whole area.

someone casually breaking the law and not thinking it's big deal (any law) hurts society as a whole - so I'm all for people trying to get the law changed through legal means, but in the meantime, they should follow the law.

it's pretty simple - work to get the law changed, vs break it, but do nothing but bitch - the first helps society, the second is laziness

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

someone casually breaking the law and not thinking it's big deal (any law) hurts society as a whole - so I'm all for people trying to get the law changed through legal means, but in the meantime, they should follow the law.

I disagree. It is the unjust laws that hurt society, not the individuals committing civil disobedience.
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

Sometimes there's a difference between civil disobedience and simply ignoring laws with which one disagrees. One leads to the laws changing, the other might have a tendency to lead to other (maybe more useful) laws also being ignored.

Civil disobedience should be done with full knowledge that work is ongoing to fix the law as well.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

>Yes

I didn't ask you if you thought it hurt you; you already answered that. I asked you HOW it hurt you. Can you answer that question?

If I would yet again spend the time to find the studies and opinions of Drs and others, yes, I could give specific answers. you know the studies as to most all here. In the end, in many cases it leads to other drugs for an example. Dont tell that is BS either because I saw MJ destroy my best friend life and carreer until he turned it aroung at age 45. IMO he had the potenial to be one of the best high school and college athletes in his sport. He lost that chance in high school once he smoke the stuff. Me? I lost a best friend and not because of me...

Point is, you believe you got it pinned. dont you....

By that logic, alcoholic beverages, guns, pretty much all motorized vehicles, skydiving, downhill skiing (we could leave cross-country alone I suppose), and a whole multitude of other stuff ought to be illegal.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Sometimes there's a difference between civil disobedience and simply ignoring laws with which one disagrees. One leads to the laws changing, the other might have a tendency to lead to other (maybe more useful) laws also being ignored.

Civil disobedience should be done with full knowledge that work is ongoing to fix the law as well.

Actually, I think laws become deemed arcane and obsolete, and ultimately are changed or repealed, more by the majority of people ignoring them, than by individuals putting themselves out there, and willingly risking/inviting prosecution, with acts of open civil disobedience. Over time, the social fabric changes to the point where the laws, even if technically still on the books, seem silly, until eventually they get around to formally repealing them. Anti-racial mixing laws are one example that comes to mind quickly; or that old Florida law that made it illegal for an unmarried woman to make a parachute jump on Sunday. (Here are a few others!) I think marijuana laws fall at least partly into that category.

(Edit - This was only a historical note; not in any way to diminish the ethics and effect of true civil disobedience, which has been responsible for great social change in this country.)

I agree.

This is my point. Participate in the process to fix the law. Don't just create an atmosphere where you ignore it.

But I'd go farther - Wendy notes that you should have 'full knowledge that work is ongoing to fix the law"

"Knowing" someone else is trying to fix the law is bogus and harmful. "participating" in the fix is productive and necessary.

if your civil disobedience is not actively a PART of the work to fix a bad law, then all you are doing is picking and choosing which laws to follow. that hinders the enforcement of those laws you do think are needed.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Actually, I think laws become deemed arcane and obsolete, and ultimately are changed or repealed, more by the majority of people ignoring them, than by individuals putting themselves out there, and willingly risking/inviting prosecution, with acts of open civil disobedience.

and this extremely passive (lazy, or less severe, at least risk adverse/nonownership) approach to doing the right thing is terrible for society and overloads us with archaic and stupid laws - or excessive redundant versions of similar laws

if you don't care enough to confront the issue head on, then it's not a matter of doing the right thing, it's just someone wanting their lolly pop.

If the law is worth having, then it's worth being enforced. If the law should not exist, then the best interest to society is to delete it. Having laws that are not enforced makes a mockery of law.

Edit: ignoring the law is just self serving, you get your kick, but the hell with the rest of society. going after the law itself shows personal onwership in the shape of law and society.

the ethics and effect of true civil disobedience, which has been responsible for great social change in this country.)

the ethics and effect "TRUE" CD.....

damn straight, Andy - it's a very strong tool for the people.

but those that falsely claim CD to glorify their self gratification are hypocrits (smoking dope for "freedom from an oppressive government":P, speeding to make a "statement":S, drive solo in the car pool lanes because they are "unjust"[:/])

Wendy P.

Hi Wendy,
Interesting observation. People break pot laws all the time everywhere and nobody does anything about it except the local constabulatory. Funny thing about "pot" is its acceptance in spite of its illegality and you may ask why? A person who breaks the law but "accepts" the law is a mere "Transgressor," a person who breaks the law but does "not accept" the law is a "Revolutionary!"
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

If the law is worth having, then it's worth being enforced. If the law should not exist, then the best interest to society is to delete it. Having laws that are not enforced makes a mockery of law.

Having unjust laws, enforcing unjust laws, and having unenforceable laws makes a mockery of law.
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

>Another nice thing about legalizing marijuana is that it will be easier to identify the people who fail at life by letting a drug control them

Right on. Maybe the same thing will happen to all those successful businessmen who snort cocaine in their homes on Rodeo drive. Fucking failures.

>or steal to get money for drugs in not getting hurt?

?? Making marijuana legal would END all that, which is what we're talking about here.

How is it that legalization would stop people from stealing/selling stolen goods to buy it again? I had a motorcycle stolen from me years back. We found out who did it, and why. He used it to buy drugs. They were illegal. Making that drug legal wouldn't change that.

>He used it to buy drugs. They were illegal. Making that drug legal wouldn't
>change that.

How many people steal motorcycles to buy cigarettes? I am sure someone has done that, but compare the number of people who steal to support their cigarette habit vs. people who steal to support their illegal drug habit. They are different orders of magnitude.

Neat. That only indicates one problem leads to more severe methods of obtaining it than some other type of drug. It does not indicate that there is a difference as a result of their legality.

How does the difference in how people obtain the funds to purchase drugs vs cigarettes come from legality?

>That only indicates one problem leads to more severe methods of obtaining it
>than some other type of drug. It does not indicate that there is a difference
>as a result of their legality.

The difference is that illegal drugs, due to their illegality, are very expensive - and thus crime is often the only option for people who want to take them. The drug itself is not the issue; people steal for many reasons.

>How does the difference in how people obtain the funds to purchase drugs
>vs cigarettes come from legality?

Cost.