Andy9o8

Brits develop "anti-stab" knife

>The carpenter on a sailing ship would break the
>points off the knives of the crew to make it safer.

WHAT? Next thing you're going to tell me is that skydivers use knives without points!

What is with all these knife-o-phobes, anyway? What are the crybaby sailors going to ban next on their voyages, alcohol? Or water? Water can kill you - didn't you know that? Yeah, that's the answer - ban water!

They had better hope knitting needles and round files as well as anything else pointy is outlawed.

I'm sure there's an 'anti-pointy stick' bill just waiting in the wings...

Well, no. No there isn't.

Funny though, that on the same day as the Lord Chief Justice at the Court of Appeal decided that a major criminal trial could be heard at the Crown Court with no jury, this fluff is what you guys choose to bash the UK with.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

WHAT? Next thing you're going to tell me is that skydivers use knives without points!

I can just see my mother having to hook knife the leek into her soup :D
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

>The carpenter on a sailing ship would break the
>points off the knives of the crew to make it safer.

What is with all these knife-o-phobes, anyway? What are the crybaby sailors going to ban next on their voyages, alcohol? Or water? Water can kill you - didn't you know that? Yeah, that's the answer - ban water!

Kindness, we need to ban that too ... way too much killing with kindness.... makes y'weep thinking about it.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

He said: “It can never be a totally safe knife, but the idea is you can’t inflict a fatal wound. Nobody could just grab one out of the kitchen drawer and kill someone.”

Bullshit. I don't care if the point is dull and has a barb, an average person could use that knife to stab another person. People have been stabbed to death with much blunter objects.
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.