JohnRich

Who is the bigger bigot?

>I never understood why Leviticus is so underrated. Peter, Paul, and John
>never gave a biblical blessing to girl on girl action.

Unfortunately Leviticus is not all hotness:

===============
If a woman approaches any animal and mates with it, you shall kill the woman and the animal. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood is upon them.
===============

>I never understood why Leviticus is so underrated. Peter, Paul, and John
>never gave a biblical blessing to girl on girl action.

Unfortunately Leviticus is not all hotness:

===============
If a woman approaches any animal and mates with it, you shall kill the woman and the animal. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood is upon them.
===============

Not unexpected. It was biblical times and you simply did not mess with another man's donkey. Just didn't.
Leviticus was a rock star. He probably had a beard and smoked a pipe. Sure Noah had the ark and Moses parted the red sea, but Leviticus had two chicks at once and put it in the bible. Respect.

So what you're saying is that if minorities can't get a majority of the population to grant them their rights in an election, they need to move?

Ah, the joys of democracy.

What was that other thread, about the possibility of liberty without democracy?

This is why we have the Bill of Rights, and the courts.

>>Even worse. If she was actually being "biblically correct", she would be
>>calling for the execution of homosexuals, as it does in the bible.

>Where does it say that in the Bible . . .

==========
Leviticus 20:13

If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them.
==========

[stir shit]Literally, I think that particular passage is only applicable to male bisexuality. [/stir shit]

It does pretty much say that doesn't it? :D

Yep.
Man + Man = Death
Girl + Girl = Twice as nice.
It's right there in the bible people.

Johnny...ur not paying attention.

Man + Man + Woman = Death for the men.

No, I'm on it. This is pretty technical, but you are correct:
Man + Man + Woman = Death
Man + Woman + Man = High fives.
The bible is my new favorite book. If only I can convince my wife that:
Woman + Man + Woman = Eternal Redemption

So hole peg hole is not a sin? :P
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Proverbs 5:18-19
May your fountain be blessed, and may you rejoice in the wife of your youth. A loving doe, a graceful deer — may her breasts satisfy you always, may you ever be captivated by her love.

Can we just leave it here and call it the night?:)
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

>So, in your opinion, she should sell out her beliefs in order to fit in
>with the crowd. Very inspiring.

Not at all. She can say whatever she likes. Audiences can vote with their feet if they don't like what she has to say.

That's exactly what he said. She should've flat out lied to tell a heterophobic blogger what he wanted to hear.

She never said she thought anyone should be killed. People are just reaching for anything they can to make a conservative look bad for their opinions.

--------------------------------------------------
Stay positive and love your life.

Not at all. She can say whatever she likes. Audiences can vote with their feet if they don't like what she has to say.

That's exactly what he said. She should've flat out lied to tell a heterophobic blogger what he wanted to hear.

She never said she thought anyone should be killed. People are just reaching for anything they can to make a conservative look bad for their opinions.

There is overwhelming evidence that the current crop of "conservatives" have done a splendid job of doing that to themselves over the last few years, without any help from moderates or leftists.

There is overwhelming evidence that the current crop of "conservatives" have done a splendid job of doing that to themselves over the last few years, without any help from moderates or leftists.

Conservatives look bad for their opinions, therefore its fine to ridicule this girl for her beliefs and the way she was raised.

Really?

Conservatives look bad for their opinions, therefore its fine to ridicule this girl for her beliefs and the way she was raised.

Really?

People are judged daily on what they say all over the country. Many lose their jobs all across middle America because they say something that does not fit in with what the "values" their company espouses.

When you shoot off your mouth on charged issues..... don't be surprised when there is serious blowback that can affect your career.

People are judged daily on what they say all over the country. Many lose their jobs all across middle America because they say something that does not fit in with what the "values" their company espouses.

When you shoot off your mouth on charged issues..... don't be surprised when there is serious blowback that can affect your career.

True, but she didn't just go shooting off her mouth. She was asked a one-answer question in an extremely public forum. She answered honestly based on her beliefs with no hate or bigotry. If she was asked, "Tell us your thoughts on life" and she said "I hate gay people" then everyone would have plenty of reason to be upset. She was asked her opinion (ie. pigeon holed) by some off the wall tantrum throwing blogger. The irony of course being that the open minded progressives are destroying someone because they have different beliefs.

>She should've flat out lied to tell a heterophobic blogger what he wanted
>to hear.

If the questioner had opined that heterosexuals should be denied rights, your attempted insult would make sense.

>She never said she thought anyone should be killed.

Nor did I imply that. I was just answering the question you asked about the Bible.

True, but she didn't just go shooting off her mouth. She was asked a one-answer question in an extremely public forum. She answered honestly based on her beliefs with no hate or bigotry. If she was asked, "Tell us your thoughts on life" and she said "I hate gay people" then everyone would have plenty of reason to be upset. She was asked her opinion (ie. pigeon holed) by some off the wall tantrum throwing blogger. The irony of course being that the open minded progressives are destroying someone because they have different beliefs.

And 40 years ago.. some beauty pagent type could have said something about interracial marriage..pro or con....

In NY there would be a similar response to this situation.. or could have gotten a standing ovation in George Wallaces Georgia.

Times change.. only the groups that its ok to discriminate against really changes and it always seems that "conservatives" are the ones discriminating.

>She should've flat out lied to tell a heterophobic blogger what he wanted
>to hear.

If the questioner had opined that heterosexuals should be denied rights, your attempted insult would make sense.

If I asked you if you support gay marriage and you said yes, then I went to the DZ and talked about what a stupid fucking idiot you were... how would that be accepted? You don't think anyone on the DZ would call me homophobic? He didn't like her opinion and opined that she was a stupid fucking idiot. I inferred the rest.

And 40 years ago.. some beauty pagent type could have said something about interracial marriage..pro or con....

In NY there would be a similar response to this situation.. or could have gotten a standing ovation in George Wallaces Georgia.

Times change.. only the groups that its ok to discriminate against really changes and it always seems that "conservatives" are the ones discriminating.

She said she thinks it's great they get to choose a lifestyle but the way she was raised was that the definition of marriage is between one man and one woman. She didn't say they couldn't drink from the same water fountain or should be hung from a tree. She didn't say they shouldn't be given rights or even that the government should play a role in banning marriage. She might even be in favor of granting equal rights under civil union laws recognized by the government. Who knows? All she said was that she was raised to believe marriage is one man and one woman.

Perez threw a temper tantrum because he didn't like someone else's opinion to an obviously bias question.

>If I asked you if you support gay marriage and you said yes, then I went
> to the DZ and talked about what a stupid fucking idiot you were... how
>would that be accepted?

They'd probably think you were Robin Heid. If you said "because faggots suck" they'd also think you were homophobic.

> He didn't like her opinion and opined that she was a stupid fucking idiot.
> I inferred the rest.

Ah, you imagined the "heterophobic" thing. Gotcha.

> She didn't say they shouldn't be given rights or even that the
>government should play a role in banning marriage.

Agreed. And had she said something like:

"And you know what, in my country, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should not be between a white woman and a black man. No offence to anybody out there, but that’s how I was raised and that’s how I think it should be - kept within races as God intended."

that would also have been entirely within her rights. And she also would have gotten a lot of grief about it, although I would hope that people would be less obnoxious than Hilton about it.

you could be correct if she has just said 'in my family.'

But she did not - she said 'in my country.'

she also said 'I think that I believe'

It was her belief. She wasn't pressing it on anyone or saying laws should be in place to regulate it. She didn't say, "in my country it should be illegal."

> He didn't like her opinion and opined that she was a stupid fucking idiot.
> I inferred the rest.

Ah, you imagined the "heterophobic" thing. Gotcha.

If inferred means imagined then that would shoot a lot of holes in a lot of scientific theories.

> She didn't say they shouldn't be given rights or even that the
>government should play a role in banning marriage.

Agreed. And had she said something like:

"And you know what, in my country, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should not be between a white woman and a black man. No offence to anybody out there, but that’s how I was raised and that’s how I think it should be - kept within races as God intended."

that would also have been entirely within her rights. And she also would have gotten a lot of grief about it, although I would hope that people would be less obnoxious than Hilton about it.

But I guess that goes back to how you view homosexuality. People who believe homosexuals choose that lifestyle wouldn't compare a life choice to a non-choice such as race. Nore is anyone saying homosexuals should be persecuted or enslaved. I'm willing to bet that a law banning inter-racial marriage wouldn't even make it to the floor. The prop 8 vote, whether you're for or against it, proves there are millions of people who still question the legality of homosexual marriage. This girl is not in the minority and comparing her answer to inter-racial marriage would be like comaring homosexual marriage to beastiality. You're taking it to the extreme to try and belittle people who don't agree with you.

The question Hilton asked was only posed so he could hear one answer. If he was willing to ask the question then he should've been open minded enough to accept the answer. He was attempting to use the extremely public forum to promote his own cause and it backfired. All he had left was a little tantrum on his blog.

Nore is anyone saying homosexuals should be persecuted or enslaved.

unless they want to be, of course... :P

People who believe homosexuals choose that lifestyle wouldn't compare a life choice to a non-choice such as race. Nore is anyone saying homosexuals should be persecuted or enslaved. I'm willing to bet that a law banning inter-racial marriage wouldn't even make it to the floor.

But those days aren't far behind us, even though nowadays it seems kinda far-fetched. The choice is not whether to be black or white, but whom you choose to marry. That IS a choice. And it wasn't long ago that interracial marriage was NOT okay. Heck, a friend of mine and I removed the "Colored" sign above the bathroom reserved for black people at a local gas station *several* years ago. And I'm not THAT old. Anyway, the comparison is legitimite, imho, even though the particulars have changed in today's debate.

~linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

>If inferred means imagined then that would shoot a lot of holes in a
>lot of scientific theories.

No, it wouldn't. A fool could look out at the ocean, not see a sphere, and then infer that the earth was flat. It doesn't mean the earth is flat.

>But I guess that goes back to how you view homosexuality. People who
>believe homosexuals choose that lifestyle wouldn't compare a life choice
> to a non-choice such as race.

?? That's not the issue. The above statement said nothing about how blacks were bad, just that they should not be allowed to marry whites. In that statement, everyone has equal rights - you can marry in your race, blacks can marry in theirs. Everyone has a choice.

>I'm willing to bet that a law banning inter-racial marriage wouldn't even
>make it to the floor.

It's interesting that you should use that as an example. When Loving vs Virginia was decided in 1967, most of the US was against interracial marriage. The Supreme Court went "against the will of the people" because they felt that marriage was a basic right you could not deny people based on their skin color.

If you feel that that was the right thing to do, you're contradicting yourself by claiming it would be wrong today.

>This girl is not in the minority and comparing her answer to inter-racial
>marriage would be like comaring homosexual marriage to beastiality.

Gay marriage and interracial marriage are both consensual marriage between adults. The other is marriage to an animate object. If you really think they are the same, then you live in a different world than I do.

>He was attempting to use the extremely public forum to promote his
>own cause and it backfired.

I don't think it backfired. It cost her the crown and got him worldwide attention, which was no doubt his goal. (Ironically you are helping him achieve his ends by talking about it on a public forum.)

It is unfortunate, though, that he was so obnoxious about it. That marginalizes the discussion on both sides.

>He was attempting to use the extremely public forum to promote his
>own cause and it backfired.

I don't think it backfired. It cost her the crown and got him worldwide attention, which was no doubt his goal. (Ironically you are helping him achieve his ends by talking about it on a public forum.)

It is unfortunate, though, that he was so obnoxious about it. That marginalizes the discussion on both sides.

He's just mad cuz she's prettier. :P

Interesting....I was thinking the opposite.

It seems like she's getting much attention and support...I've even heard something about a possible book deal.

...btw, who actually won the pagaent anyhow?;)
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Interesting....I was thinking the opposite.

It seems like she's getting much attention and support...I've even heard something about a possible book deal.

...btw, who actually won the pagaent anyhow?;)

The chick from my state, North Carolina, whom I'm guessing if asked the same question would have given a similar answer. :)
From what I saw on a highlight show she got a softball question.

Just to educate and let ya'll ogle some... :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT2PGm6__xU

Proverbs 5:18-19
May your fountain be blessed, and may you rejoice in the wife of your youth. A loving doe, a graceful deer — may her breasts satisfy you always, may you ever be captivated by her love.

Can we just leave it here and call it the night?:)

Song of Solomon 1:2,4,13
Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth: for thy love is better than wine.
Draw me, we will run after thee: the king hath brought me into his chambers: we will be glad and rejoice in thee, we will remember thy love more than wine: the upright love thee.
A bundle of myrrh is my well-beloved unto me; he shall lie all night betwixt my breasts.

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

It's a beauty contest, she's not running for Congress. Though I disagree with her position, I admire her forthrightness for standing by her beliefs.

Gay marriage as an issue is at a place where people will be persuaded with the passage of time. they will see it happen among their friends - some of whom they never guessed could be gay. It will come about as a generational change, though actually we're already halfway there.

Perez Hilton is a nasty skank, who makes his living BEING a nasty skank. He contributes nothing but bitterness and alienation to the very people who need to be persuaded.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !