Andy9o8

Pope: "Condoms increase AIDS"

>[whoosh!].

OK. So what am I missing?

Religious fanaticism? :)
It's the only rational explanation for people who buy into this message. If someone wants to argue that promiscuity increases the chance of aids, I'll by that - however unrealistic their view on the world may be - but to make a grossly misleading statement.....well, I'm not surprised considering the source.

Organized religion has their head in the sand....as usual.

Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

Condoms can give a false sense of security. I speak as an uncle to a niece who was conceived while a condom was in use.

So how did you know that? I doubt you personally examined the condom to make sure a) it was proper size (yes, some people have no idea that condoms have sizes) b) it was indeed in use and c) it was condom fault. It's common - especially in our society - to blame other people or things for their own fault. Your "evidence" is a perfect example of hearsay, and your explanation seems to be biased; how about that maybe it was your Lord who impregnated her? As a good Catholic you must know that this has happened before!

With regard to sexuality, abstinence is the only way to prevent HIV 100%.

Nope, a lot of sexual activities like petting, sensual massage, mutual masturbation and so on also cannot spread HIV. Studies also showed that there was no single confirmed case of HIV transmission during unprotected oral sex (although other STDs have been transmitted this way). Condom effectiveness has been also proved by studies.
* Don't pray for me if you wanna help - just send me a check. *

Hey. He's the voice of God.

John R. Butler said it all - "He'll FuckYou Up":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLwtqwnI6ko

why have a never heard that before, thats gold...
-----------------------------------------------------------
--+ There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.. --+

Hey. He's the voice of God.

John R. Butler said it all - "He'll FuckYou Up":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLwtqwnI6ko

why have a never heard that before, thats gold...

I just happened across this the other day while perusing Zappa's music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQcE2dq3YD0
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Just to be clear, you ALL sound like fucking retards by limiting the transmission of AIDS to sexual activity. ;)

That being said, the pope has zero understanding of the of intersocial/sexual dynamics in Africa, and would be a bit like the 40 (800?) year-old virgin weighing in on the pros and cons of ANYTHING sex related.

.jim

"Don't touch my fucking Easter eggs, I'll be back monday." ~JTFC

Just to be clear, you ALL sound like fucking retards by limiting the transmission of AIDS to sexual activity.

There isn't a single post in this thread that has done that. The small part of this thread that involved discussing "100%" prevention techniques of HIV transmission was preceeded by the words "With regard to sexuality..."

Who's the retard, then?;)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

>[whoosh!].

Guess I missed it too bill! ha ha!

Sure he has a job to do, but could he potentially adopt the very american political "I can neither confirm nor deny that condoms will help prevent the transmission of HIV/AIDS... but abstinence will!" ?

That way he doesn't have to look so moronic to those in the know, or lead his people astray. :ph34r:
So there I was...

Making friends and playing nice since 1983

>[whoosh!].

Three things that I can see.
1) What the Pope says goes.
2) If you're not catholic, it's none of your goddamn business.
3) If you are catholic, shut up and tow the f******g line.