piper17

Congressional Hypocrites

Excuse me.. why are you complaining about this now... OH thats right Democrats can NEVER be allowed to use the same perks as the GOP Neo-Cons.

If you paid attention to my previous postings, I have complained about this very thing. I don't give a hoot about the political affiliation of the hypocritical politicians who criticize those in the public sector but do the same or worse themselves at taxpayer expense.

Anyone who paid attention to your previous postings (that would be maybe four of us.:P) knows full well that you complain about the Dems only, until it is brought to your attention that the GOP does it too, when you become grudgingly bipartisan.
If you can't fix it with a hammer, the problem's electrical.

Are you suggesting that the President fly commercial?

No. I'm suggesting that since he's asking everyone to tighten their financial belts and make do with less, that he should cancel the new helicopter contract for himself, and continue to make do with the current old helicopter fleet.

But I bet he won't. He'll approve those new shiny choppers.

When Obama was asked about this by John McCain, his response was, he felt the helicopters he has access to were doing just fine for him. Someone else pointed-out that these choppers had been built in the early eighties. Obama responded with the same, previous statement. Dunno!

Chuck

I can't say I noticed you complaining a lot when Laura Bush traveled back and forth between DC and Texas on USAF planes.

Given that the Speaker is 3rd in succession, it seems to me quite appropriate that he (Hastert) or she (Pelosi) gets to travel on an official plane.

If you paid attention to my previous postings, I have complained about this very thing. I don't give a hoot about the political affiliation of the hypocritical politicians who criticize those in the public sector but do the same or worse themselves at taxpayer expense.

The politicians of both parties have abused the taxpayers long enough. The Democrats lost their hold on congressional power during Clinton's administration, the Republicans took over...and became "Democrat-lite". The American voters through them out and now history repeats itself. Those we send to Washington develop the idea that they are, somehow, better than those who elected them and are entitled to all these perks, self-granted pay raises, etc.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE.. That is so deep I need my chestwaders to wade thru that one.:D:D:D

There is, in my opinion, a difference between the president and his wife versus members of Congress. There are security issues in the case of the president and his family (not to mention the camp followers that tag along with the prez and his wife) that I don't see in the case of members of Congress.

Hillary and Chelsea went on overseas trips to Africa and elsewhere (Bosnia and the snipers ;)) and I saw that as appropriate use of government aircraft. Members of Congress can stand in security lines with the rest of us at the airport or drive their hybrids to and fro their home districts. Maybe they'd spend more time at home rather than in Washington where they do little except spend taxpayer dollars and pass more laws that restrict our freedoms. Let them teleconference:ph34r:

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition"...Rudyard Kipling

You're right, it is. I will submit that Carville doesn't have quite as large and adoring a national audience, however :P. But it's still tacky.

Wendy W.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

There's a big difference! Mrs. Bush was at the time, wife of the President!

Chuck

Indeed - not an elected Constitutional officer of the US Government, nor anywhere in line of succession to the Presidency. The Speaker, on the other hand, is both.

Hell! You should've been around when Harry Truman was in office! He had Coors Beer flown to Washington via Army Air Corps planes because it wasn't available in the Washington area! :D:D

Chuck

Chuck

Indeed - not an elected Constitutional officer of the US Government, nor anywhere in line of succession to the Presidency. The Speaker, on the other hand, is both.

Hell! You should've been around when Harry Truman was in office! He had Coors Beer flown to Washington via Army Air Corps planes because it wasn't available in the Washington area! :D:D

Chuck

I don't know anyone who would complain about beer getting a ride on a government plane.

Chuck

Chuck

I don't know anyone who would complain about beer getting a ride on a government plane.

Do I have this right? It's all right for beer to be flown on government planes but not the president's wife who is protected, wherever she goes?

Chuck

Chuck

Chuck

Do I have this right? It's all right for beer to be flown on government planes but not the president's wife who is protected, wherever she goes?

Chuck

Strawman.
No-one said the President's wife shouldn't be on a government plane. All the whining from the right seems to be about the Speaker of the House, 3rd in succession, being on a government plane.

Chuck

Chuck

Chuck

Strawman.
No-one said the President's wife shouldn't be on a government plane. All the whining from the right seems to be about the Speaker of the House, 3rd in succession, being on a government plane.

O.K. Slick! The way I see it, he shouldn't have free rides on govt. air. I don't care if he is 3rd. in line. Fat chance he'd ever make it. I'm not on the 'whining right', either.

Chuck

Chuck

Strawman.

O.K. Slick! The way I see it, he shouldn't have free rides on govt. air. I don't care if he is 3rd. in line. Fat chance he'd ever make it. I'm not on the 'whining right', either.

Chuck

That decision is, apparently made by the folks in charge of security for the House (Sergeant at Arms office) and not by you or me. And it was endorsed by the Bush White House.

So all this whining about Pelosi is just a typical right wing shitflinging party.

That decision is, apparently made by the folks in charge of security for the House (Sergeant at Arms office) and not by you or me. And it was endorsed by the Bush White House.

So all this whining about Pelosi is just a typical right wing shitflinging party.

Its Poo flinging primates...;)

Chuck

Strawman.

Chuck

That was the Bush whitehouse. Maybe, Obama will do something about it. I don't think Pelosi should get special treatment either. I really don't much care if she has to walk. I feel the same about all politicians.

Chuck

Would that make jerryzflies' whining about Hastert a typical left wing shitflinging party?

Apparently you don't bother to read anything that disagrees with your preconceived ideas.

I wrote that Hastert traveling on govt. planes was "quite appropriate".

Here is the proof.

www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3508189#3508189

All the whining is coming from the right.

Your apology will be accepted.