futuredivot

Way to Go Cessna On new Ads

I work for Textron and Cessna makes up a big part of our revenue stream. I'm glad as hell that their fighting back. And yes orders were pushed out "after" the congressional attack. One of the few industries that still is mostly "made in America" and for publicity the Dems trounced on "us" with their criticisms.
Most corporate aircraft are not used for extravagant excess but for efficient conduct of business. Do you think the aircraft that we use are for extravagant excess? I'll bet more people would think so than not, anyway just check the news wires to see what the impact has been on Cessna, Beechcraft, and other aircraft manufactures lately.
Rainbo
TheSpeedTriple - Speed is everything
"Blessed are those who can give without remembering, and take without forgetting."

I work for Textron and Cessna makes up a big part of our revenue stream. I'm glad as hell that their fighting back. And yes orders were pushed out "after" the congressional attack. One of the few industries that still is mostly "made in America" and for publicity the Dems trounced on "us" with their criticisms.
Most corporate aircraft are not used for extravagant excess but for efficient conduct of business. Do you think the aircraft that we use are for extravagant excess? I'll bet more people would think so than not, anyway just check the news wires to see what the impact has been on Cessna, Beechcraft, and other aircraft manufactures lately.

Ever heard the term.. teleconference????

That burns a whole lot less Jet A... If just HALF the people in this country could work from their homes who work in jobs where face to face interaction is not needed more than a couple times a week.. the countries energy problems would evaporate immediately..

Trouble is... the people flying around in their pretty little jets do not trust their employees enough to allow that. Management COULD keep track of their people with existing technology... but they will not.. because they are incapable of changing outdated ways of "doing business"

THAT would be efficient conduct of business

That burns a whole lot less Jet A... If just HALF the people in this country could work from their homes who work in jobs where face to face interaction is not needed more than a couple times a week.. the countries energy problems would evaporate immediately..

Trouble is... the people flying around in their pretty little jets do not trust their employees enough to allow that. Management COULD keep track of their people with existing technology... but they will not.. because they are incapable of changing outdated ways of "doing business"

Another yet jelous and none understanding rant
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Most of us realize that corporate jets facilitate efficient travel for high talent individuals, and we don't envy the high roller image.

What gives you the right to speak for "most of us"? Seems to me that the fuss over executive perks contradicts you.

Also the label "high talent" seems at odds with the needs of their corporations to accept taxpayer bailouts.
If you can't fix it with a hammer, the problem's electrical.

Hard for the corporations to argue in the face of obvious abuses by their execs.

Seriously the exception, not the rule. Spending $250K to entertain/conference with an $18 million account is effective use of corporate aircraft. You'd hate to see what I spend on much smaller accounts in much sleazier places:)

You ask why people object to bailed-out corporations buying corporate jets, and an answer was that people see corporate jects on the ramps at places like Vegas and Aspen and see the CEOs using the jets for personal gratification.

Just because the jets may be more efficient use of resources for genuine business trips (many of which could be done electronically in this day and age) in no way alters the negative perception.

If the CEOs don't like it, they should quit using the company jet for personal pleasure. No-one complains about seeing a bizjet on the ramp in Cleveland or Huntington WV.

Because most or many of us DO realize it. You just dont like it. (that does not make you right, it just shows your dislike for it) And to top it off, YOUR post is no different than what you claim his to be.[:/]

Abraham Lincoln

Because most or many of us DO realize it. You just dont like it. (that does not make you right, it just shows your dislike for it) And to top it off, YOUR post is no different than what you claim his to be.[:/]

It's really SIMPLE.

When TAXPAYERS see executives of corporations that TAXPAYERS have had to bailout buying bizjets, and TAXPAYERS are used to seeing bizjets prominent on the ramps at ski resorts, ocean resorts, gambling resorts, island resorts, etc., etc., then it's not unexpected that TAXPAYERS get pissed off.

Do you understand yet?

Just so YOU understand, my company does way more teleconferencing than business travel, and not all business can be conducted by teleconference, but you would have no way of knowing or understanding that because it does not fit the small minded way that you want to look at things. Yes, THAT was a PA and I really don't care what the result is. And when enough of our employees are out of work see how easy it will be to keep your jump aircraft flying, maybe we should all start skydiving by teleconference then...
Rainbo
"Blessed are those who can give without remembering, and take without forgetting."

Just so YOU understand, my company does way more teleconferencing than business travel, and not all business can be conducted by teleconference, but you would have no way of knowing or understanding that because it does not fit the small minded way that you want to look at things. Yes, THAT was a PA and I really don't care what the result is. And when enough of our employees are out of work see how easy it will be to keep your jump aircraft flying, maybe we should all start skydiving by teleconference then...

Tsk Tsk Tsk.... that the best PA you can do there bubba???

REmember now it was YOU who was touting how EFFICIENT business jet usage is..I was just pointing out the obvious FLAW in your rant..:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

THAT would be efficient conduct of business

AMEN!!!

Having had the misfortune for working for a number of Fortune 500 Corporations, it is just astounding that mgt is still so stuck on the face-to-face meeting mentality, that they can't grasp the concept of the telephone and the email, let alone teleconferencing. Every damned time money gets tight, they make noises about doing things remotely, then a month later it is all forgotten and they go back to acting like it is 1950 again.

A recent example was where I was the lead network engineer on a project to build an isolated network for security on "sensitive" customers.

Project Mgt Dweeb: "We need to fly everybody in to one site to get in a room together and do the design in one or two days!"

Me: "Do you think I have all the specs on every possible piece of networking equipment memorized??? Do you think I even have all there is to know about every aspect of networking memorized??? I need to do research on every requirement, and explore the possible options, then give my input to the group. This is an iterative process. It is impossible for me to make informed decisions or give accurate answers if I'm shooting from the hip in a meeting."

Of course I was ignored.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Not a rant Jeanne, but true concern over real people with real jobs and real families, people that I know who are suffering now, and from my perspective more because of morons who think they know how to run a country but only manage to hurt the people that they are supposed to be serving...
There are a lot of good CEO's out there that try hard to run good businesses, many more of them than the fools that are in the congress...
Rainbo

I would like to add VIDEO Conferencing... very easy to do.. and you get that kinda face to face thing going.. and gee.. all the time that would have been wasted travelling... VOILA.. productivity...

And to Rainbo.... Aircraft manufacturing.. is CYCLICAL.... I have worked for that little airplane company here in the Seattle area... maybe you have heard about it.... I took a contract there for 2 years to get the software thru the dev phase for the 787... when they wanted me to go full time.... I said Hasta La Bye Bye.... why????

Because they have a REAL bad habit of doing the crap they are doing right now... laying off people by the thousands.
I was also tired of working 80 hour weeks. The money was great but shit.... there was no possibility of anything that reached some semblance of work/life balance.

One thing the did do though is embrace new technology.. at least while the dev people were in charge..

If I had been up all night keeping the people with the tablet PC's on the shop floor building the airplanes.... I could show up for the morning meeting via video conference... UNTIL they went to the sustaining phase.. and we got an old school manager there that had no respect for the people working in her department. The manager wanted people she managed ... there every morning at 7 AM for her meeting no matter what...it did not even matter if you had been up half the night... she wanted you there.. period. She had control issues... so I told her thanks.. but no thanks... and walked.. She replaced me with 3 Full Time long time Boeing employees... that were cluess in how to make the servers work..and stay working. Said manager.. got canned just 4 months later.... seems thing were not working out very well with the managers above her.

I dont envy you... but the aircraft biz is what it is. But when the economy hits the shitter... its not the managers who are the first to go...

That is my rant... this society needs to work smarter.

It's really SIMPLE.

When TAXPAYERS see executives of corporations that TAXPAYERS have had to bailout buying bizjets, and TAXPAYERS are used to seeing bizjets prominent on the ramps at ski resorts, ocean resorts, gambling resorts, island resorts, etc., etc., then it's not unexpected that TAXPAYERS get pissed off.

Do you understand yet?

I sir have understood from the beginning. It is you that has yet to understand.
Abraham Lincoln

It's really SIMPLE.

Do you understand yet?

I sir have understood from the beginning. It is you that has yet to understand.

In the nicest possible way - you do write a lot of nonsense.

Ever heard the term.. teleconference

Yep, and use it when it makes sense on meetings with a defined agenda.
But the ability to bounce through South America in a Citation this fall allowed me to open up or strengthen market positions in a lot of areas that commercial air routes don't cover or were cost prohibitive. Right now, we're hiring. Money well spent.
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

I would like to add VIDEO Conferencing... very easy to do.. and you get that kinda face to face thing going.. and gee.. all the time that would have been wasted travelling... VOILA.. productivity...

Then why aren't you demanding that the Goreacle® use it?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

This in the news today. I wonder if Nancy is flying commercial...I think not. She will be off on this European boondoggle on the taxpayers' dime, polluting the skies with carbon from the engines of the USAF aircraft. What a hypocrite.

HURRY, FELLAS, LET'S VOTE, I AM OFF TO ROME!
Fri Feb 13 2009 09:18:52 ET

Rep. John Culberson, TX claims the "stimulus" bill must be urgently voted on today -- because Speaker Nancy Pelosi is leaving at 6:00 PM for an 8 day trip to Europe!

Culberson made the charge on Houston's KSEV radio.

Pelosi is hoping to lead a delegation to Europe; there's a meeting with the Pope and an award from an Italian legislative group.

Calls to Pelosi's spokesman went unreturned.

In the rushing, Democrats have now broken their promise to have the public see the $790 billion bill for 48 hours before any vote.

Sen. Frank Lautenberg (D-N.J.) predicted that none of his Senate colleagues would 'have the chance' to read the entire final version of the 1,071-page bill before it comes up for a final vote.

Developing...

and if all these Democrats are so big on separation of Church and state and Nancy Pelosi is so pro-abortion, why is she spending taxpayers' dollars to make a trip to visit the Pope?
"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition"...Rudyard Kipling

Do you have proof that he doesn't????

No.. didn't think so...but never let facts get in the way of a good Gore Bash...right ???

Do you have proof that he doesn't????

No.. didn't think so...but never let facts get in the way of a good Gore Bash...right ???

Do you have proof that he does?

No, didn't think so...but we all know that you never let facts get in the way of a good bash.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706