JohnRich

"More Guns = More Crime?"

This is totally pointless. Liberals want more gun control until someone breaks into their house and their family gets killed by some crackheads looking for money to buy drugs. I'm just gonna let anyone know. Try and break into my house while I'm in bed. Not only will you have 2 .40 S&W's pointed at your skull, but if you move ever so slightly...you head could become misfigured in a matter of milliseconds.

Giggity

Are you among those who say Bush has eroded our Constitution? If so, what has he removed from it?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I'm not saying Bush eroded our constitution. I am saying he fucked over the republican party getting the bid against obama. But whats done is done. All I'm saying is I plan on using my guns for protecting my family. I dont rob people, I have a job and I love to jump. I love my dogs and my family and if anyone attempted to harm any of them they will find themselves looking down the sights on my gun. I beleive its the right of anyone who lives on this crappy planet to defend themselves. Trust me...if my dad could have invented the NRA he would have. My family = Mad guns.

In 2007 there were 12 murders in North Dakota, in 1994 there was 1. The rate has fluctuated between 15 and 1 since 1960. The rate foir 2007 was well above avergae, in 2008 it was below average. Nothing really can be taken from that when it comes to guns.

Somebody on the other side of the gun divide might ask how it was possible that 12 people were murdered in 2007.

Easy - every other year, nearly all the criminals kill each other. Then the next year, all is well, then new criminals arrive.

I'm not saying Bush eroded our constitution. I am saying he fucked over the republican party getting the bid against obama. But whats done is done. All I'm saying is I plan on using my guns for protecting my family. I dont rob people, I have a job and I love to jump. I love my dogs and my family and if anyone attempted to harm any of them they will find themselves looking down the sights on my gun. I beleive its the right of anyone who lives on this crappy planet to defend themselves. Trust me...if my dad could have invented the NRA he would have. My family = Mad guns.

I was only responding to the 2nd is still here comment. As for the Bush comment? I could not agree with you more. I just saw a link on NewsMax that said something to the effect that Bush's legacy will be one of betrail of the conservatives. I agree with that too.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

In 2007 there were 12 murders in North Dakota, in 1994 there was 1. The rate has fluctuated between 15 and 1 since 1960. The rate foir 2007 was well above avergae, in 2008 it was below average. Nothing really can be taken from that when it comes to guns.

By gosh, you've actually come to a realization about guns, maybe without even realizing you did it.

50% of the people in North Dakota own guns. Yet the number of murders is very low compared to almost all other places in America. And the rate varies up and down.

So what does that tell you about the effect of guns on murder?

Nothing. That's right. There is no correlation between the presence of guns and the rate of murder.

Murder is not caused by the presence of guns.
The absence of murder is not caused by the absence of guns.
The two are independent variables.

I'm proud of you for finally reaching this understanding.

Yes, because all your talks, and posts, after posts about guns is such intelligent conversations. [:/]

Go back and read what I said again. I didn't say that kallend's posts weren't intelligent. I accused him of side-tracking and game-playing. I'm saying that our intelligent conversations here can stay more focused on the actual subject.

I actually changed my wording from my original in order to try and keep someone from interpreting it as you did. But it just goes to show, that some people will see what they want to see, no matter what. Some people are more interested in personal attacks, then in actually discussing the subject.

Just look at the people popping up right here in this thread, trying to have fun at my expense, by suggesting that I'm the one who is unintelligent, while offering nothing in support of that idea. All they have in their bag of tricks is insults. And I think most people can see through the shallowness of that approach. It means nothing. Nothing at all.

Give me people who can talk facts and logic. That's what I'm after. That's what I call intelligent. Just like the facts and logic I presented to start this thread.

Some people can't deal with plain truth like that though. So all they can think to do in response is to hurl meaningless insults. If that's what you consider a credible argument, then I'm not for you.

Giggity

Are you among those who say Bush has eroded our Constitution? If so, what has he removed from it?

...gently glances over at the 4th Amendment....

This is totally pointless. Liberals want more gun control until someone breaks into their house and their family gets killed by some crackheads looking for money to buy drugs. I'm just gonna let anyone know. Try and break into my house while I'm in bed. Not only will you have 2 .40 S&W's pointed at your skull, but if you move ever so slightly...you head could become misfigured in a matter of milliseconds.

Well I have concidered my self a liberal my whole life and I have always been asked the question, what would you do if it happened to you or a loved one. Well guess what? It did happen. My husband was stabbed to death a year ago and I still keep my beliefs. Guns and certain types of weapons should be regulated. Not taken away, but regulated. Maybe, just maybe, if there were a little bit stricter laws this would not of happened. Doubtfull, but maybe. So I am really confused when you say liberals would change their minds if this happened to them. Because I did not!

I am not in anyway saying that we should not defend ourselves because I dont think that is what liberals are saying. Just that we have to look at the correlations here. I am so fucking sick of you right wingers saying that liberals are trying to take away our rights. When actually, we are trying to defend them. After all, if it were not for liberals, women and blacks would still not be able to vote. Liberals are what help make change.

A little off the subject, but I am just trying to give an example.
-----------------
I love and Miss you so much Honey!
Orfun #3 ~ Darla

Yes, because all your talks, and posts, after posts about guns is such intelligent conversations. [:/]

Go back and read what I said again. I didn't say that kallend's posts weren't intelligent. I accused him of side-tracking and game-playing. I'm saying that our intelligent conversations here can stay more focused on the actual subject.

I actually changed my wording from my original in order to try and keep someone from interpreting it as you did. But it just goes to show, that some people will see what they want to see, no matter what. Some people are more interested in personal attacks, then in actually discussing the subject.

More than happy to hear about it if I could get 100% of the numbers from a non-NRA source and non-antigun source and make my own choices. However, whenever I see blatant spinning from either, I go deaf to what they have to say. I've yet to see any topic related to guns on this board that isn't spin, a lecture, anecdotal or anything else. Nor do I ever expect anything more. This is why I find these threads laughable as I go elsewhere for something more intelligent.

Guns and certain types of weapons should be regulated. Not taken away, but regulated. Maybe, just maybe, if there were a little bit stricter laws this would not of happened. Doubtfull, but maybe.

Therein lies the problem. You want to infringe upon the rights of the law-abiding in some vague hope and belief that it "might" make a difference, even though you don't really think it will. In the history of the world, no weapon control has ever been successful at deterring murderers. Not now. Not ever. We have 20,000 gun laws already on the books - if laws were going to work, it would have happened by now. So we're not willing to sacrifice more of our rights, just to pacify you for your loss. I'm sorry that happened to you, but punishing me and other law-abiding gun owners for it is not going to help. We realize that, and have drawn the line in the sand. You've gone far enough. Try working on criminal-control, instead of gun-control.

Well I have concidered my self a liberal my whole life and I have always been asked the question, what would you do if it happened to you or a loved one. Well guess what? It did happen. My husband was stabbed to death a year ago and I still keep my beliefs. Guns and certain types of weapons should be regulated. Not taken away, but regulated. Maybe, just maybe, if there were a little bit stricter laws this would not of happened. Doubtfull, but maybe. So I am really confused when you say liberals would change their minds if this happened to them. Because I did not!

I am not in anyway saying that we should not defend ourselves because I dont think that is what liberals are saying. Just that we have to look at the correlations here. I am so fucking sick of you right wingers saying that liberals are trying to take away our rights. When actually, we are trying to defend them. After all, if it were not for liberals, women and blacks would still not be able to vote. Liberals are what help make change.

A little off the subject, but I am just trying to give an example.

That's unfortunate that your husband was killed that way. The reality is that Police can not do much to stop crime they mostly just react to crimes that have already been committed. They can't protect unless they happen to be right there to deter a criminal. Police can not be everywhere at all times. We have to be able to protect ourselves from criminals. Stricter laws only affect the law abiding people.

More than happy to hear about it if I could get 100% of the numbers from a non-NRA source and non-antigun source and make my own choices. However, whenever I see blatant spinning from either, I go deaf to what they have to say. I've yet to see any topic related to guns on this board that isn't spin, a lecture, anecdotal or anything else. Nor do I ever expect anything more. This is why I find these threads laughable as I go elsewhere for something more intelligent.

Nothing in my original message here came from the NRA. Not the Brady Campaign ranking, not the gun ownership rate, nor the murder stats.

Once again, this just goes to show that you are only seeing what you want to see.

You have to keep making up excuses to deny the truth.

I apologize to you and express remorse for your loss.

Thank you. Again, I am not trying to make people feel sorry for me or anything like that. I just brought up that subject to make my point.

Who knows, maybe this is just a test for me.
-----------------
I love and Miss you so much Honey!
Orfun #3 ~ Darla

Nothing in my original message here came from the NRA. Not the Brady Campaign ranking, not the gun ownership rate, nor the murder stats.

Once again, this just goes to show that you are only seeing what you want to see.

You have to keep making up excuses to deny the truth.

What I see is you and your post history. It's blinding.

More strict gun laws or not, if there is a person out there that means to do you harm, they will find a way to do it.

If given a choice, I would much rather be shot to death than beaten to death with a claw hammer.
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"