rushmc

Why it is different this time around?

>So, "war in Iraq and a recession at home" is equivalent to the laundry
>list of what Bush's inauguration could have bought that was bandied
>about in '04?

I didn't claim that.

Marc asked why the media wasn't reporting how the money could be used better elsewhere. I showed him that they were in fact reporting how the money could be used better elsewhere.

In both cases, the media reported on the expenses of the inaugurations. In both cases, the pundits screamed bloody murder when the guy on "the other side" spent too much money. In both cases, the more partisan types ignored their side screaming for blood, and became indignant when the other side did the same thing.

No they are not. You are wrong

For further proof find an article the NPR did at the last Bush inaugural.

I will let you search it yourself
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

>> In both cases, the more partisan types ignored their side screaming for
>> blood, and became indignant when the other side did the same thing.

>No they are not. You are wrong.

Rush Limbaugh, screaming for blood:

"Not one story so far about how many people in Darfur could we feed with this $150 million? How many Africans could be vaccinated against AIDS for some of this $150 million? What size home could you buy the brother George Obama, still living in the hut with just a meager portion of this $150 million? Aunt Zeituni might even be able to buy her a green card with a portion of the $150 million. What about all the children without health care? What about all of the middle-class people without jobs? How many people could be aided with a portion of Obama's inauguration budget? Bush, it was $40 million and they were asking how it could be better spent, that it's unnecessary. We weren't in a recession either, by the way, we weren't in an economic downturn. Now in the midst of an economic downturn, oh, yeah, go out there and gussie it up all you can, dress it up, spend it up, bad economic times, this is when we need to indulge ourselves more. Change we can believe in."

Rush Limbaugh, indignant:

"Let's go back to the Associated Press in 2005, the reporter Will Lester. This is a January 13th AP dispatch: "President Bush's second inauguration will cost tens of millions of dollars -- $40 million alone in private donations for the balls, parade and other invitation-only parties. With that kind of money, what could you buy? Two hundred armored Humvees with the best armor for troops in Iraq; vaccinations and preventive health care for 22 million children in regions devastated by the tsunami; a down payment on the nation's deficit, which hit a record-breaking $412 billion last year."

That took all of ten seconds to find.

>> In both cases, the more partisan types ignored their side screaming for
>> blood, and became indignant when the other side did the same thing.

>No they are not. You are wrong.

Rush Limbaugh, screaming for blood:

"Not one story so far about how many people in Darfur could we feed with this $150 million? How many Africans could be vaccinated against AIDS for some of this $150 million? What size home could you buy the brother George Obama, still living in the hut with just a meager portion of this $150 million? Aunt Zeituni might even be able to buy her a green card with a portion of the $150 million. What about all the children without health care? What about all of the middle-class people without jobs? How many people could be aided with a portion of Obama's inauguration budget? Bush, it was $40 million and they were asking how it could be better spent, that it's unnecessary. We weren't in a recession either, by the way, we weren't in an economic downturn. Now in the midst of an economic downturn, oh, yeah, go out there and gussie it up all you can, dress it up, spend it up, bad economic times, this is when we need to indulge ourselves more. Change we can believe in."

Rush Limbaugh, indignant:

"Let's go back to the Associated Press in 2005, the reporter Will Lester. This is a January 13th AP dispatch: "President Bush's second inauguration will cost tens of millions of dollars -- $40 million alone in private donations for the balls, parade and other invitation-only parties. With that kind of money, what could you buy? Two hundred armored Humvees with the best armor for troops in Iraq; vaccinations and preventive health care for 22 million children in regions devastated by the tsunami; a down payment on the nation's deficit, which hit a record-breaking $412 billion last year."

That took all of ten seconds to find.

He makes the case quite well dont you think?

You should really post things that support your case, not destroy it.:D
Abraham Lincoln

>He makes the case quite well dont you think?

He does indeed. So do all the liberal bloggers who were bitching about the exact opposite. Which is exactly what I said above.

(Remember - read first, _then_ reply.)

Yes indeed you should, because the context of Rush's comments were about what was being said 4 years ago.

You really need to listen to him instead of getting your talking points from Rush hating websites:D
Abraham Lincoln

>Yes indeed you should, because the context of Rush's comments were
>about what was being said 4 years ago.

Exactly. That was my point.

>You really need to listen to him instead of getting your talking points
>from Rush hating websites

Google is a Rush-hating website now? Wow. I had no idea that Google was now a tool of the liberal ruling elite!

>Yes indeed you should, because the context of Rush's comments were
>about what was being said 4 years ago.

Exactly. That was my point.

>You really need to listen to him instead of getting your talking points
>from Rush hating websites

Google is a Rush-hating website now? Wow. I had no idea that Google was now a tool of the liberal ruling elite!

Ok, so you made it up yourself:D

Correct context is correct context. And in this example, it proves you wrong. The media IS reporting the cost differently than 4 years ago. End of story

You should really lick your wounds and let it go:D
Abraham Lincoln

>And in this example, it proves you wrong.

You really have to learn to read posts before you reply to them. It might lead to more coherent posts.

:D:D:D
Abraham Lincoln

Those two statements together tell me:

All are equal. Some are more equal than others.

In the GOP Animal Farm.... MANY of the PIGS always considered themselves more equal than any others.

Look in the mirror.

Your own statements contradict themselves. Justifying your comments by saying "they're bad" doesn't make you right.

One question.. Is there discrimination in the US Military? Vinny cant seem to answer that simple question. You were there.. I was there.

I still support affirmitive action and tough fucking shit.

The two things ARE different.. even if the Klan thinks the way they do.

One question.. Is there discrimination in the US Military? Vinny cant seem to answer that simple question. You were there.. I was there.

I still support affirmitive action and tough fucking shit.

The two things ARE different.. even if the Klan thinks the way they do.

I'm sure that there was discrimination when I was in but I truly didn't experience any of it personally. But I was in the medical field. I'm sure it was different in the "real military" and I'm sure there were plenty of reasons/excuses to justify it's existence, some more valid than others.

I personally do not believe in discrimination - in an ideal situation there should be standards and if you can meet those, than you qualify. But obviously, this isn't an ideal world. So some advocate having quotas and reverse discrimination.... I don't believe in that either. The best qualified should get the job. REGARDLESS of the color of his or her skin or religious beliefs or. . . But you are obviously quite defensive in your opinions so to even try to discuss becomes just a pissing contest that I would rather not get involved in

Ya know... this should really be a new thread on that topic.

Yes there was, I adapted

I know several people who are there now and its still there.

Its not an ideal world and until there is, some people who are less equal might need a little help. Those who do not need the help.. seem to do just fine.

I wish it WAS an ideal world.. but its not.

You never asked the question, merely blurted out survey results statistically broken down and touted them as proof.

If you've proof of discriminaton, by all means bring it forth. I can give some examples I've seen. If it's the end of the month and a recruiter needs to get a recruit to training, sometimes the sex of the recruit determines if they ship that month or the next. Capacity of the system to hold that many males or females, you see. Recruiters used to get points for recruiting minorities - incentivized rewards based on race. Hmmm...at one time capacity for certain schools would increase for the right race - despicable practice; not sure if it still goes on as I haven't been around recruiting since 2001 and will never go there again. Capacity forces some discrimination on the entry system in that manner; despicable policy - brought on by AA supporters - in others.

Your insane accusations of widespread discrimination are untrue, unfounded, and way out in left field. As a standout among affirmative action supporters - you're one of the few who admit you support racial discrimination; I am so proud of you for admitting it - you should strive to improve in that realm.

:S

Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

Your insane accusations

Tsk tsk tsk..MORE personal attacks.. the surveys speak for themselves.. Please tell me also what job classifications are CLOSED to females.

That was the question and still is. I guess you are good with that.. oh yeah for the Good of the Navy.. or moral or some other EXCUSE

Spin spin spin.. perhaps you could deal in TRUTH.. just for once.... interesting application of code of ethics though.

I face the truth quite well. You support racial discrimination. I do not.

Again - congratulations on admitting that which you support! You are a true standout on the left.

:D

Vinny the Anvil
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

DID YOU SEE THIS?????

:D:D

First paragraph

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - President Barack Obama's inauguration generated an unprecedented 35,000 stories in the world's major newspapers, television and radio broadcasts over the past day -- about 35 times more than the last presidential swearing-in -- a monitoring group said on Wednesday.

http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSTRE50K6E320090121
Abraham Lincoln

Hell, and I thought the shoes were sticking to the floor from the surgar coated coverage but know I realize it is from the orgasmic body fluids spewed everywhere:D:D:D

Abraham Lincoln

Again - congratulations on admitting that which you support! You are a true standout on the left.

Your very denial that there is a problem with racism and sexism in your world speaks volumes about your support for the racist and sexist status quo. What does that make you???

Your very denial that there is a problem with racism and sexism in your world speaks volumes about your support for the racist and sexist status quo. What does that make you???

Status quo? Denial? Are those better or worse than doing what perpetuates it? And knowing you are doing it while you are doing it!!!
Abraham Lincoln

I deny nothing. I face facts quite easily. The fact that you support racial and sexual discrimination under the guise of affirmative action and I do not is quite simple to comprehend. Facing the fact that all choices with regard to gender are not made because of gender is another simple thing that you've clearly decided not to face. Where is thy courage, woman? You had so much of it when you admitted what you support!

On that note, again, I congratulate you on admitting what you support! So many of your fellow AA supporters are such cowards. Simple questions such as 'can you give me a reason I should support racial discrimination?' leave them running with their tails between their legs because they're too cowardly to admit to themselves that they're racially prejudiced! In contrast, you came out and admitted you support discrimination. A standout you are! Few AA supporters can do so, and you have proven yourself one of them.

:)

Vinny the Anvil
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!