airdvr

It has to be embarassing for the Democrats

"This is a matter of national importance," Rush said. "There are no African-Americans in the Senate, and I don't think that anyone, any U.S. senator who's sitting in the Senate right now wants to go on record to deny one African-American for being seated in the U.S. Senate. ... And so I intend to take that argument to the Congressional Black Caucus."

Blago and his buddies are really showing their collective asses.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

For those of them with an intellect of note, at any rate. They remain silent about this racist...and their silence is most telling. Silence indicates consent, you see. But they have supported racial discrimination and tolerated racists within their midst for so long, it really isn't much of a surprise.

:S

Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

"This is a matter of national importance," Rush said. "There are no African-Americans in the Senate, and I don't think that anyone, any U.S. senator who's sitting in the Senate right now wants to go on record to deny one African-American for being seated in the U.S. Senate. ... And so I intend to take that argument to the Congressional Black Caucus."

Is that a Limbaugh quote? If so, that explains it. It's some sort of facetious or sarcastic statement; with just enough flowery bad grammar to not be able to tell exactly what he is saying.

But as an entertainer, he sure is good at getting the huddles masses excited.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Is that a Limbaugh quote? If so, that explains it. It's some sort of facetious or sarcastic statement; with just enough flowery bad grammar to not be able to tell exactly what he is saying.

I'm sure you'd love it to be Limbaugh. He's just a bit more intelligent than the that. It's actually US Rep Bobby Rush http://www.house.gov/rush/ playing the race card.

Destinations by Roxanne

I'm sure you'd love it to be Limbaugh. He's just a bit more intelligent than the that. It's actually US Rep Bobby Rush http://www.house.gov/rush/ playing the race card.

Hook, line and sinker!!!! :D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Why would a Democrat from California (e.g.) be embarassed by the actions of the Governor of Illinois, and comments by a Representative of Illinois, regarding an Illinois seat in the Senate?

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I would not love it to be anybody. Since you did not say who it was, I had to guess. My comments on the statement still stand. (And it does read the way Limbaugh speaks).
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Why would a Democrat from California (e.g.) be embarassed by the actions of the Governor of Illinois, and comments by a Representative of Illinois, regarding an Illinois seat in the Senate?

Blues,
Dave

Exactly. Even knowing who said it, it still makes no sense. Can't figure out the point, and why anybody but the person who made the comment should be embarassed. (Because the only thing they have demonstrated is the need to return to Junior High English class and try again).

It thought it was a pretty good last "Fuck you" from him to the country. Given it's the same state where the gov tore up Meiggs Field rather than follow the process, it doesn't seem too surprising either.

It definitely puts the DNC and the Senate overall in an awkward situation. Still, I put his odds at being accepted at well under 50/50.

Hahahahahaha, Fox news just showed a video clip they had on file from Dec 9 with Rush saying in great detail how any type of appointment from the Gov should be blocked and ignored because whoever he appoints would no doubt be tainted. I can't wait to see how he digs out of this hole.
"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero

It thought it was a pretty good last "Fuck you" from him to the country. Given it's the same state where the gov tore up Meiggs Field rather than follow the process, it doesn't seem too surprising either.

It definitely puts the DNC and the Senate overall in an awkward situation. Still, I put his odds at being accepted at well under 50/50.

I thought so too. Crafty little devil spawn, isn't he. I've read in a couple places now that are saying that constitutionally, the senate has the right to refuse to seat Buriss whereas other legal scholars claim that they don't have such a right Buriss could, after much legal battling mind you, succeed in being seated. What a fucking mess Boygeorgovich has created.

BTW, I'm STILL pissed about Meigs. Burns my ass how that destroyed every time I fly into Chi-town. >:(

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

The Mayor (Daley) tore up Meigs, not the gov.

I've read in a couple places now that are saying that constitutionally, the senate has the right to refuse to seat Buriss whereas other legal scholars claim that they don't have such a right Buriss could, after much legal battling mind you, succeed in being seated. What a fucking mess Boygeorgovich has created.

I presume by now most of you've read about the Adam Clayton Powell decision in 1969. Seems a tough precedent to beat.

The Mayor (Daley) tore up Meigs, not the gov.

I'm fully aware that Daley performed the Meigs atrocity. It just seems to be symptomatic of a larger disease that is Windy City Politics.

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

I'm fully aware that Daley performed the Meigs atrocity. It just seems to be symptomatic of a larger disease that is Windy City Politics.

I think if you look even a little there is LOTS of dirt in local politics

Corruption abounds and a lot of it starts in your local church...http://www.republicancorruption.com/

All the people you love so much

I think if you look even a little there is LOTS of dirt in local politics

Corruption abounds and a lot of it starts in your local church...http://www.republicancorruption.com/

All the people you love so much

aren't you sweet tonight! hon, you gotta do better than that to get under my skin on New Year's Eve.

let's stay on topic, shall we? we're talking about chicago. a predominantly democratic city. and a very corrupt city. is there a correlation? not necessarily, so don't go drawing unecessary inferences.

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

aren't you sweet tonight! hon, you gotta do better than that to get under my skin on New Year's Eve.

let's stay on topic, shall we? we're talking about chicago. a predominantly democratic city. and a very corrupt city. is there a correlation? not necessarily, so don't go drawing unecessary inferences.

Oh thats right.. its not on FAUX NEWS.. so it cant be true....

Not to worry... you will have another 8 years to go on and on and on about blow jobs more than 8 years ago....

Oh thats right.. its not on FAUX NEWS.. so it cant be true....

Not to worry... you will have another 8 years to go on and on and on about blow jobs more than 8 years ago....

Jeanne, you weren't always this much of a troll, at least a few years ago. What happened?

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

The only thing embarassing for the Democrats right now is all of the GWB administration dog poo they have to scrape off of the national shoe.:S

The only thing? I'll admit there's lots to go around on both side of the aisle. But c'mon...this is priceless, no?

3 weeks ago you have a Dem Rep chastising Blago and all of a sudden he's behind him? Hmmm.
http://blogs.suntimes.com/sweet/2008/12/rep_rush_says_blagojevich_unfi.html
"I believe that the acts that are alleged to have been committed by the Governor are so heinous that he has forfeited his right to appoint someone to fill the seat of President-Elect Barack Obama. My bottom line is that the Governor should not be the one to make the appointment to this important office.

Maybe Blago made a contribution to Bobby's bottom line.

Destinations by Roxanne

Blago just doesn't know when to shut the fup uck....

He's gone and made another grandstand play that could very well drag a good man's name through the mud. Forgive me if I can't recall the guy's name at the moment, it IS New Year's Eve, but apparently he is also untainted by all the recent Balgoyeblech...

I would also rather that some other black Chicago politician hadn't got up and immediatley pleaded for the U.S. Senate to not "lynch" the nominee. The situation is already touchy enough without having to play the race card first. Fuck, we just elected Obama, didn't we ? I mean a few of us white folks voted for Barack too ? Let's just please give things a chance to shake out a bit without resorting to the Jesse Jackson bullshit....

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !