vortexring

Cosmic Fingerprints

Do you honestly think that in 100 years time given the acceleration of research and capabilities in biological research that we will not be able to replicate life in the test tube? I think we will. And when someone finally does, much like when someone makes contact with an ET lifeform, I hope the religious will go away

Do you honestly believe that extremely inteligent scientists working around the clock for centuries to produce life in a measly little test tube is going to make people believe that life or the Universe as we know it started absolutely without any form of intelligent influence?

I always find it interesting that some people are more willing to believe in the existence of ET without any evidence yet very eager to utterly deny the existence of God...I wonder why that is?
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Do you honestly think that in 100 years time given the acceleration of research and capabilities in biological research that we will not be able to replicate life in the test tube? I think we will. And when someone finally does, much like when someone makes contact with an ET lifeform, I hope the religious will go away

Do you honestly believe that extremely inteligent scientists working around the clock for centuries to produce life in a measly little test tube is going to make people believe that life or the Universe as we know it started absolutely without any form of intelligent influence?

I always find it interesting that some people are more willing to believe in the existence of ET without any evidence yet very eager to utterly deny the existence of God...I wonder why that is?

Nope, people have shown to be willing to believe utter nonsense even when faced with overwhelming evidence, its just one of our traits as a race....

And ET life is almost certain, (maybe even within our solarsystem.... ) while the judeo-christain god is a bronze age fairytale.

Its easy to separate the odds between the 2....

Now I reckon we arrived here on a rock, from outer space. Can you explain to me why the guy with the beard is more likely to have created me than this? (Other than it says so in Genesis........)

Now I reckon we arrived here on a rock, from outer space. Can you explain to me why the guy with the beard is more likely to have created me than this? (Other than it says so in Genesis........)

Who is this guy with a beard...is it a white beard or a brown or black beard?

All I can say is that the the mores I learns, the less I knows...yet my faith in God grows.

I reckon its not like that for you....so here we stand on this rock.

EDIT

We're On a Rock Flying Through Space

:)
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

"Going back to the subject matter, what I found interesting about the site wasn't so much 'evidence' of God, but more an intelligent discussion involving evolution, Big Bang theories, and of course; God.

I just can't see someone arguing against evolution and considering it an intelligent conversation.

Well, as things stand, atheists must have faith the size of a mountain to believe life arose without an intelligent designer.

And where did that intelligent designer come from? If it takes a mountain of faith to think that biological lifearose through natural means, it takes infinitely more to believe that an intelligence capable of designing us and the universe we live in arose by chance.

Despite expensive equipment and the promise of the most famous Nobel Prize in history, no scientist has reproduced the spontaneous generation of life in the lab.

From Miller/Urey onwards many steps and possible mechanisms of abiogenesis have been demonstrated experimentally.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Saying God doesn't exist is as much of a cop out as saying physics doesn't exist. 10,000 years ago we didn't have proof of either, but they still existed.

10,000 years ago we were learning to build mud huts - but people could still observe that when you drop something, it falls, and that big things are harder to move than small things. 10,000 years on and we've done incredible things with our ever increasing knowledge of physics. What have we seen of God since then? Nothing. And that should tell you something.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Well, as things stand, atheists must have faith the size of a mountain to believe life arose without an intelligent designer

What faith does it take to believe something that happened? There is plenty of evidence from research that shows how life could have started without any intelligent amnipulation, yet not one shred that it was started with.
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

Well, as things stand, atheists must have faith the size of a mountain to believe life arose without an intelligent designer. Despite expensive equipment and the promise of the most famous Nobel Prize in history, no scientist has reproduced the spontaneous generation of life in the lab.

Nonsense. Your position roughly translates to: "We haven't replicated it in the lab yet; therefore it's equally reasonable to presume it must have been the Flying Spaghetti Monster." Sorry, that just isn't good science.

And who created the creator? People don't seem to be able to accept that life evolved but find it perfectly acceptable that fully formed omnipotent mythical being just plain exists and create all "other" life - what a crock.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

The idea that there is some kind of manipulation behind it is absurd. Forces combine to produce lightning, which has a predictable and specialized outcome, yet I doubt many people today would seriously consider there to be any "purposeful manipulation" behind it.

Come now, lightning follows a predetermined path according to the collection of atmospheric anions and cations. Lightning serves a very important purpose in our ecosystem.

Interesting case for comparison with evolution.

Would you both share the basis on which you make your comments regarding predicability of lightening? On what extent is the understanding & predictability of generation/occurence of lightning? I.e., is it on the atomic/micro- or macro- level?

VR/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

--It says in the Sumerian story of Enki and Ninmah that one of the senior gods, Enki, designed humans as a slave race to do manual labor for the gods, so that they could have an easier life.

What made us unique was servitude and forced toil.

Go for it.

Go for what?

The value, or lack of it, in your life's work will be the proof of what you say.

Is that supposed to mean something?

The proof of your life's work will be the value of your truth, or the lack of it.

See? I can string nonsense together too.

Why is your old book better than mine?

Mine is older.
"User assumes all risk"

The idea that there is some kind of manipulation behind it is absurd. Forces combine to produce lightning, which has a predictable and specialized outcome, yet I doubt many people today would seriously consider there to be any "purposeful manipulation" behind it.

Come now, lightning follows a predetermined path according to the collection of atmospheric anions and cations. Lightning serves a very important purpose in our ecosystem.

Interesting case for comparison with evolution.

Would you both share the basis on which you make your comments regarding predicability of lightening? On what extent is the understanding & predictability of generation/occurence of lightning? I.e., is it on the atomic/micro- or macro- level?

VR/Marg

Sure, I would be happy to.
From NOAA,

The term “lightning prediction” has different uses. Lightning prediction can mean predicting that
a storm has enough energy to generate lightning over a general area. Or it can mean predicting the
time and place a strike is going to occur. For the first type of prediction, capabilities for
predicting general lightning activity have been used for more than 10 years. Sensing equipment
measures the weather conditions needed to generate lightning, signaling when lightning activity is
likely over a large area, usually several square miles. That’s as close as technology gets to
reliably predicting lightning. Mother Nature continues to closely guard her secret on when and
where each strike will occur.

Evolution is much the same in that, given a known environmental change, we can predict, in a general fashion, what traits a species may build upon to aid in it's survival though specific details are almost impossible to predict, i.e. a species of fish adapting to an environmental change by growing it's pectoral fins 2.3 mm longer.
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

But now we KNOW that physics exists, and we still don't have proof that a god exists.

Correct, welcome to the process of discovery.

Welcome to Begging The Question.

The process of discovering a non-circular arguement for the existence mythological characters.

Join us next week for "Why Osiris is Risen"
"User assumes all risk"

The value, or lack of it, in your life's work will be the proof of what you say.

Is that supposed to mean something?

--The proof of your life's work will be the value of your truth, or the lack of it.

Not sure, but by George I think you've got it.

[I always find it interesting that some people are more willing to believe in the existence of ET without any evidence yet very eager to utterly deny the existence of God...I wonder why that is?

Because there is lots of circumstantial evidence for the existence of ET, as well as overwhelming statistical probability.

There is no such evidence or probability of a metaphyical existence of any kind.
"User assumes all risk"

What have we seen of God since then? Nothing. And that should tell you something.

Quite the contrary. We have come from spiritual darkness into the Light of Truth, the sin barrier between God and man has been removed, we can now have a personal, eternal relationship with God. What else could you want?