riddler

The REAL reason we went into Iraq

grants the occupying force immunity from prosecution in Iraqi courts.

WRONG. It grants the military jurisdiction in some cases, and the local authorities jurisdiction in others - just like the SOFA in Germany. And the SOFA in Bosnia. And the SOFA in Kosovo. And the SOFA in Italy. And the SOFA in Japan. And the SOFA in Korea.

Getting the idea yet? Are you NOW going to claim that they are all 'puppet governments' of the US?

I care NOT about your thoughts of 'absurdity'. Prove your argument. SHOW where the Iraqi people were forced to vote for a candidate they didn't want by the troops.

Or, you could just admit you're flinging your normal BULLSHIT to try and cloud the issue - your choice.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

grants the occupying force immunity from prosecution in Iraqi courts.

WRONG. It grants the military jurisdiction in some cases, and the local authorities jurisdiction in others - just like the SOFA in Germany. And the SOFA in Bosnia. And the SOFA in Kosovo. And the SOFA in Italy. And the SOFA in Japan. And the SOFA in Korea.

Getting the idea yet? Are you NOW going to claim that they are all 'puppet governments' of the US?

I care NOT about your thoughts of 'absurdity'. Prove your argument. SHOW where the Iraqi people were forced to vote for a candidate they didn't want by the troops.

Or, you could just admit you're flinging your normal BULLSHIT to try and cloud the issue - your choice.

What a weak, absurd argument! "In some cases" :D:D.

Maybe you'll explain why the Abu Ghraib abusers and the Hathida marines were not tried in Iraqi courts.

Can you PROVE that Poles, Hungarians and E. Germans were actually forced to vote the way the Soviets wanted?

You can argue all you want, but the concept of an independent government in a nation under military occupation by another country and in which said government does not have total authority is absurd.

Until ALL invading forces leave, the government of Iraq remains a puppet.

Just like Karzai admits he is in Afghanistan.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Until ALL invading forces leave, the governent of Iraq remains a puppet.

ALL? Like every single American troop?

Why not. There were none there prior to our invasion (which, of course, was based on a tissue of lies).

Until ALL invading forces leave, the governent of Iraq remains a puppet.

ALL? Like every single American troop?

Why not.

I'm trying to find what it will take for you to consider the Iraqi government self-sustaining. 'Why not' isn't a sufficient answer. For you to no longer call them a puppet government do all foreign troops need to leave the country?

--------------------------------------------------
Stay positive and love your life.

What a weak, absurd argument! "In some cases" :D:D.

Maybe you'll explain why the Abu Ghraib abusers and the Hathida marines were not tried in Iraqi courts.

For the same reason that the troop in Korea wasn't tried in a Korean court for the bridgelayer accident. Actually READ a SOFA agreement and you might learn why.

Can you PROVE that Poles, Hungarians and E. Germans were actually forced to vote the way the Soviets wanted?

Nice misdirect - now answer my question.

You can argue all you want, but the concept of an independent government in a nation under military occupation by another country and in which said government does not have total authority is absurd.

Unfortunately for YOU, professor, your no-doubt finely honed sense of the absurd does not constitute proof nor reality.

Until ALL invading forces leave, the government of Iraq remains a puppet.

Wow - so the UK, Italy, Germany, etc etc etc are all puppet governments, by your 'logic'.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Wow - so the UK, Italy, Germany, etc etc etc are all puppet governments, by your 'logic'.

The USA invaded and occupied the UK? When did that happen?
"Regime Change" was one of the stated reasons for the invasion (following along after the LIES).
Iraq IS an invaded and occupied nation. There can be no doubt of that. The government was "elected" under rules set up by US. Some parties were excluded under rules established by US. The Iraqi government has no jurisdiction over OUR troops. Our troops OCCUPYING Iraq don't fall under Iraqi command. General Petraeus doesn't report to Maliki, he reports to Bush.

You may nit pick to your heart's delight, but no nits you find alter the fact that the Iraqi government is a US puppet.

"Regime Change" was one of the stated reasons for the invasion (following along after the LIES).

You just may want to read the Iraq Liberation Act of 1998.

The Iraqi government has no jurisdiction over OUR troops.

STILL wrong - still haven't read any SOFA agreements, have you?

Our troops OCCUPYING Iraq don't fall under Iraqi command.

Our troops in Germany don't fall under German command. Our troops in the UK don't fall under UK command. Our troops in Italy don't fall under Italian command.

Getting the picture, yet?

General Petraeus doesn't report to Maliki, he reports to Bush.

Gold star for you! Our Generals in other countries don't report to the head of THOSE countries, either.

Getting the picture, yet?

You may want to shut up before you embarass yourself further.

You may nit pick to your heart's delight

I'll leave that to you - you seem to find such PLEASURE in tapdancing around and avoiding direct questions.

but no nits you find alter the fact that the Iraqi government is a US puppet.

Your claim that Iraq is a US puppet does not, unfortunately for you, constitute proof.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Your claim that Iraq is a US puppet does not, unfortunately for you, constitute proof.

The US:

Invaded Iraq

Deposed the government

Disbanded the Iraqi Army,

Made illegal the Baath party,

Shut down Iraqi newspapers critical of the occupation,

Continues to occupy the country with US forces answerable only to the US.

All of which suggests only one thing. Not that I'd expect YOU to understand.

How the fuck can a thread with this title have so many answers?????

It's so simple that it's almost embarrasing.
A three letter word is the final answer.

OIL

Anything else is plain BS.
“The sum of intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.” - George Bernard Shaw
He who dies with the most toys, wins.....
dudeist skydiver # 19515
Buy quality and cry once!

By Michael Abramowitz and Peter Baker
Washington Post Staff Writers
Sunday, January 21, 2007; Page A01

Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki had a surprise for President Bush when they sat down with their aides in the Four Seasons Hotel in Amman, Jordan. Firing up a PowerPoint presentation, Maliki and his national security adviser proposed that U.S. troops withdraw to the outskirts of Baghdad and let Iraqis take over security in the strife-torn capital. Maliki said he did not want any more U.S. troops at all, just more authority.

The president listened intently to the unexpected proposal at their Nov. 30 meeting, according to accounts from several administration officials. Bush seemed impressed that Maliki had taken the initiative, but it did not take him long to reject the idea.

Well, there's a sure sign that Maliki is master in his own land - NOT!

Why not. There were none there prior to our invasion (which, of course, was based on a tissue of lies).

I suppose you forgot the other intelligence from other countries that said Iraq had WMD's, or that many Dem leaders said the same thing INCLUDING our wonderful VP elect whom said many times publicly that he was 100% positive that Iraq had WMD's and that we should invade. Oh wait... I forgot... it was only Bush and he wanted to prove a point to his daddy, or is it to bring Christianity to Iraq, blah, blah, blah, insert other BS rhetoric to say the US is bad and Republicans are evil.

Fun Biden quote-> Around that time, Biden in an interview with the Huffington Post, he assessed Obama and Hillary Clinton: “The more people learn about them (Obama and Hillary) and how they handle the pressure, the more their support will evaporate.”

More good stuff-> Biden on Meet the Press in 2002, discussing Saddam Hussein: “He’s a long term threat and a short term threat to our national security… “We have no choice but to eliminate the threat. This is a guy who is an extreme danger to the world.”

Biden on Meet the Press in 2002: “Saddam must be dislodged from his weapons or dislodged from power.”

Biden on Meet the Press in 2007, on Hussein’s WMDs: “Well, the point is, it turned out they didn’t, but everyone in the world thought he had them. The weapons inspectors said he had them. He catalogued — they catalogued them. This was not some, some Cheney, you know, pipe dream. This was, in fact, catalogued.”
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

By Michael Abramowitz and Peter Baker
Washington Post Staff Writers
Sunday, January 21, 2007; Page A01

Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki had a surprise for President Bush when they sat down with their aides in the Four Seasons Hotel in Amman, Jordan. Firing up a PowerPoint presentation, Maliki and his national security adviser proposed that U.S. troops withdraw to the outskirts of Baghdad and let Iraqis take over security in the strife-torn capital. Maliki said he did not want any more U.S. troops at all, just more authority.

The president listened intently to the unexpected proposal at their Nov. 30 meeting, according to accounts from several administration officials. Bush seemed impressed that Maliki had taken the initiative, but it did not take him long to reject the idea.

Well, there's a sure sign that Maliki is master in his own land - NOT!

I've always trusted what the Washington Post said....... seriously?
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.

Look, the intelligence (Oxymoron)!! was shite - but someone(s) built it - and it can't all have been accidental.

believe what you want but I think that it was all a setup and premeditated. A lot of us thought and said that it was shit at the time - many others swallowed it hook-line and sinker..... Their bad.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

I tend to agree with you.... I just think it is ironic that people want to forget that the whole thing was supported by both sides and by other countries. Biden is a joke!

I suppose you forgot the other intelligence from other countries that said Iraq had WMD's, or that many Dem leaders said the same thing INCLUDING our wonderful VP elect whom said many times publicly that he was 100% positive that Iraq had WMD's and that we should invade.

blah blah blah of GOP talking points”

1. There are MANY of us who at the time concluded the "intel" did not have credibility.

2. A bipartisan Senate report on pre-war intelligence on Iraq stated "The US Administration repeatedly presented intelligence as fact when in reality it was unsubstantiated, contradicted, or even non-existent. As a result, the American people were led to believe that the threat from Iraq was much greater than actually existed.” These included President Bush's statements of a partnership between Iraq and Al Qa'ida, that Saddam Hussein was preparing to give weapons of mass destruction to terrorist groups, and Iraq's capability to produce chemical weapons.

I tend to agree with you.... I just think it is ironic that people want to forget that the whole thing was supported by both sides and by other countries. Biden is a joke!

When the administration lied to the people and the Congress, what do you expect?

I suppose you forgot the other intelligence from other countries that said Iraq had WMD's, or that many Dem leaders said the same thing INCLUDING our wonderful VP elect whom said many times publicly that he was 100% positive that Iraq had WMD's and that we should invade.

blah blah blah of GOP talking points”

1. There are MANY of us who at the time concluded the "intel" did not have credibility.

2. A bipartisan Senate report on pre-war intelligence on Iraq stated "The US Administration repeatedly presented intelligence as fact when in reality it was unsubstantiated, contradicted, or even non-existent. As a result, the American people were led to believe that the threat from Iraq was much greater than actually existed.” These included President Bush's statements of a partnership between Iraq and Al Qa'ida, that Saddam Hussein was preparing to give weapons of mass destruction to terrorist groups, and Iraq's capability to produce chemical weapons.

No talking points above.... just fact! Oh you missed the quotes from your wonderful VP elect..... take a minute and reread then. I will wait......................................................................................... all done? Great, once again no matter who said the intel was faulty there were reps on BOTH sides that found it credible like JOE BIDEN who swore they were there and that we needed to invade and get Sadam or do you dispute that? I can give you more quotes. Maybe some quotes from other Dems.? By the way some in the GOP also said the intel may be faulty but once again you want to overlook that and blame it all on Bush and the GOP. So the word "responsibility" doesn't really mean much to you then? I do not think Bush did the greatest job either and I feel he screwed up a lot but your jaded view that he or the GOP caused all of this is insane! Thank God you get to voice these opinions and we remain a free country thanks to many Dems. & REPUBLICANS! Politics are not black and white and every one of them has an agenda. To not see that is insanity.

When the administration lied to the people and the Congress, what do you expect?

Your blame game is comical at best! Once again..... just the administration got it wrong.... are you F'ing kidding me?

Your blame game is comical at best! Once again..... just the administration got it wrong.... are you F'ing kidding me?

Try reading it again, and try to understand it this time.

Here's a HINT from the US Senate report:

"The US Administration repeatedly presented intelligence as fact when in reality it was unsubstantiated, contradicted, or even non-existent. As a result, the American people were led to believe that the threat from Iraq was much greater than actually existed.

So, not to mince words, the Bush administration lied to support its preconceived position, and a lot of people on both sides believed the lies. A lot of right wingers STILL believe the lies.

Specific items taken from the report's preamble:

The Committee’s report cites several conclusions in which the Administration’s public statements were NOT supported by the intelligence. They include:

Ø Statements and implications by the President and Secretary of State suggesting that Iraq and al-Qa’ida had a partnership, or that Iraq had provided al-Qa’ida with weapons training, were not substantiated by the intelligence.

Ø Statements by the President and the Vice President indicating that Saddam Hussein was prepared to give weapons of mass destruction to terrorist groups for attacks against the United States were contradicted by available intelligence information.

Ø Statements by President Bush and Vice President Cheney regarding the postwar situation in Iraq, in terms of the political, security, and economic, did not reflect the concerns and uncertainties expressed in the intelligence products.

Ø Statements by the President and Vice President prior to the October 2002 National Intelligence Estimate regarding Iraq’s chemical weapons production capability and activities did not reflect the intelligence community’s uncertainties as to whether such production was ongoing.

Ø The Secretary of Defense’s statement that the Iraqi government operated underground WMD facilities that were not vulnerable to conventional airstrikes because they were underground and deeply buried was not substantiated by available intelligence information.

Ø The Intelligence Community did not confirm that Muhammad Atta met an Iraqi intelligence officer in Prague in 2001 as the Vice President repeatedly claimed.

Additionally, the Committee issued a report on the Intelligence Activities Relating to Iraq conducted by the Policy Counterterrorism Evaluation Group and the Office of Special Plans within the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Policy. The report found that the clandestine meetings between Pentagon officials and Iranians in Rome and Paris were inappropriate and mishandled from beginning to end. Deputy National Security Advisor Steve Hadley and Deputy Secretary Paul Wolfowitz failed to keep the Intelligence Community and the State Department appropriately informed about the meetings. The involvement of Manucher Ghobanifer and Michael Ledeen in the meetings was inappropriate. Potentially important information collected during the meetings was withheld from intelligence agencies by Pentagon officials. Finally, senior Defense Department officials cut short internal investigations of the meetings and failed to implement the recommendations of their own counterintelligence experts.

Try reading it again, and try to understand it this time.

Here's a HINT from the US Senate report:

"The US Administration repeatedly presented intelligence as fact when in reality it was unsubstantiated, contradicted, or even non-existent. As a result, the American people were led to believe that the threat from Iraq was much greater than actually existed.

So, not to mince words, the Bush administration lied to support its preconceived position, and a lot of people on both sides believed the lies. A lot of right wingers STILL believe the lies.

Specific items taken from the report's preamble:

The Committee’s report cites several conclusions in which the Administration’s public statements were NOT supported by the intelligence. They include:

Ø Statements and implications by the President and Secretary of State suggesting that Iraq and al-Qa’ida had a partnership, or that Iraq had provided al-Qa’ida with weapons training, were not substantiated by the intelligence.

Ø Statements by the President and the Vice President indicating that Saddam Hussein was prepared to give weapons of mass destruction to terrorist groups for attacks against the United States were contradicted by available intelligence information.

Ø Statements by President Bush and Vice President Cheney regarding the postwar situation in Iraq, in terms of the political, security, and economic, did not reflect the concerns and uncertainties expressed in the intelligence products.

Ø Statements by the President and Vice President prior to the October 2002 National Intelligence Estimate regarding Iraq’s chemical weapons production capability and activities did not reflect the intelligence community’s uncertainties as to whether such production was ongoing.

Ø The Secretary of Defense’s statement that the Iraqi government operated underground WMD facilities that were not vulnerable to conventional airstrikes because they were underground and deeply buried was not substantiated by available intelligence information.

Ø The Intelligence Community did not confirm that Muhammad Atta met an Iraqi intelligence officer in Prague in 2001 as the Vice President repeatedly claimed.

Additionally, the Committee issued a report on the Intelligence Activities Relating to Iraq conducted by the Policy Counterterrorism Evaluation Group and the Office of Special Plans within the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Policy. The report found that the clandestine meetings between Pentagon officials and Iranians in Rome and Paris were inappropriate and mishandled from beginning to end. Deputy National Security Advisor Steve Hadley and Deputy Secretary Paul Wolfowitz failed to keep the Intelligence Community and the State Department appropriately informed about the meetings. The involvement of Manucher Ghobanifer and Michael Ledeen in the meetings was inappropriate. Potentially important information collected during the meetings was withheld from intelligence agencies by Pentagon officials. Finally, senior Defense Department officials cut short internal investigations of the meetings and failed to implement the recommendations of their own counterintelligence experts.

I am no longer going to addrees the garbage you spew because you refuse to aknowledge that what I am saying is correct. It is by the way..... correct! How old are you by the way? Just curious....

Some choose to serve in the military and some choose to serve through elected government. I would never say one is a better person than another because of their career choices.

When someone chooses to take us to an optional war based on their watching John Wayne movies and being war hawks who dig war.. I SURE AS HELL believe it has a bearing.. want to bet Obama does not do that???

This particular group of turd blossoms.. have chosen to serve THEMSELVES allof their lives.. and a few you could call FRIENDS of the administration more than they have EVER served the American people. I guess it does not matter to you that several thousand of your countrymen paid the ultimate price for a bogus war... to improve the economics of a very few

believe what you want but I think that it was all a setup and premeditated. A lot of us thought and said that it was shit at the time - many others swallowed it hook-line and sinker..... Their bad.

And are STILL parroting the same BS now.. years later becuase they HAVE TO BELIEVE... the alternative is having to admit they supported a bunch of BS from day one.. and they were idiots to believe in the first place. Their Imperious Leader could not possibly have foolded them once...shame on him...fooled them twice shame on all of them.

Some choose to serve in the military and some choose to serve through elected government. I would never say one is a better person than another because of their career choices.

When someone chooses to take us to an optional war based on their watching John Wayne movies and being war hawks who dig war.. I SURE AS HELL believe it has a bearing.. want to bet Obama does not do that???

This particular group of turd blossoms.. have chosen to serve THEMSELVES allof their lives.. and a few you could call FRIENDS of the administration more than they have EVER served the American people. I guess it does not matter to you that several thousand of your countrymen paid the ultimate price for a bogus war... to improve the economics of a very few

So, since you served in the military, your opinion is the only one that matters? You're the only one who can decide on matters of State and foreign relations?
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.