TheAnvil

Oh Canada, I'm so sorry

[barf]

Not just the US taxpayer, but our fellow North Americans as well. Dear Lord.

I mean that is absolutely disgusting. The WRONG thing for the industry, the economy, and the world.

I will not purchase a GM or Chrysler product and endeavor not to rent them either.

What the hell is up with all of this fucktardedness? I mean holy fucking SHIT! Throwing good money after bad is STUPID.

:S
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

I will not purchase a GM or Chrysler product and endeavor not to rent them either.

Now they'll REALLY be in trouble.

Multiply that by half of the American's that don't support the bailout, plus the fact that they were already in trouble...:|
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

I hope everyone boycotts those bastards. I travel quite a bit and am going to try and not even rent their products if at all possible.

I like my Honda and plan on keeping it for about 10+ years like my last car. Won't purchase another car for a long time, but when I do, it will NOT be from GM or Chrysler. I'd sell one if it were given to me and make the buyer pick it up so I wouldn't have to drive it.

That's $$ we'll NEVER see again and got nothing for in return. Holy FUCK is that stupid.

[barf]
Vinny the Anvil
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

The Canadian gov really has no choice. Approximately 20% of the big three's activity is in Ontario and the US money no doubt will be directed to save US jobs. If we didn't participate the first 20% of the jobs to be lost would be in Ontario.
Since Canada has approximately 10% the population of the US, the economic impact of the big three is twice as important in Canada as it is in the US in terms of labour.

They did have a choice - allow the companies to go bankrupt and capitalism to take its course.

The Canadian taxpayer just got screwed.

:(

Capitalism taking its course led to the mess we are in. It also led to Madoff's scheme. And Enron. And Tyco. And Worldcom...

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>Capitalism taking its course led to the mess we are in. It also led to
>Madoff's scheme. And Enron. And Tyco. And Worldcom...

Right. But it also led to Apple, and Boeing, and Microsoft, and IBM.

Capitalism isn't a very good economic system. It's just better than the alternatives.

>Capitalism taking its course led to the mess we are in. It also led to
>Madoff's scheme. And Enron. And Tyco. And Worldcom...

Right. But it also led to Apple, and Boeing, and Microsoft, and IBM.

Capitalism isn't a very good economic system. It's just better than the alternatives.

You forgot, Qualcomm, Bell, Google, Cisco, HP, Dell, Ford, GTE, McDonald's, and just about every small business (which employs about 80% of Americans) out there. ;)

edit to add: the University system does very well competing with itself too...
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

it wouldnt be so bad if they actually made a vehicle that people wanted.

there is a reason why toyota, honda, and nissan are some of the top sellers....you would thing the big 3 would take their heads out from their ass and figure this out insted of just asking for a handout

its not rocket science
The Altitude above you, the runway behind you, and the fuel not in the plane are totally worthless
Dudeist Skydiver # 10

[barf]

Not just the US taxpayer, but our fellow North Americans as well. Dear Lord.

I mean that is absolutely disgusting. The WRONG thing for the industry, the economy, and the world.

What the hell is up with all of this fucktardedness? I mean holy fucking SHIT! Throwing good money after bad is STUPID.

Buy a Toyota. You might be lucky to have your warranty covered in a couple yrs. too! Ain't just them godamn lazy union workers.> http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=081219022424.msq9x3qb&show_article=1
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Buy a Toyota. You might be lucky to have your warranty covered in a couple yrs. too! Ain't just them godamn lazy union workers.> http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=081219022424.msq9x3qb&show_article=1

Hmm...

Toyota - 1st down year
GM - 3rd down year

I think I'll wait a few more years before I worry about TM not covering their warranties.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I think it's more than their third year if you nix some creative accounting. Also, if you take out the non-auto related industries they've bought and sold at a profit over the past decade or so, the #s would get far, far worse.

Toyota is far more robust. They're taking about $1 billion in losses for the year. Many multiples of that required to even keep two of the big three afloat. And I doubt Ford is turning a profit, though I haven't looked.

Vinny the Anvil
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

Im a big fan of my truck and its american made as well....but i tell ya, the toyota tundra would be something id have in my driveway if i could afford a truck like that B|

The Altitude above you, the runway behind you, and the fuel not in the plane are totally worthless
Dudeist Skydiver # 10

haha good call, i dont think u can kill some of the old ford trucks, and my friend mike has a dakota that just rolled over 350 000 km still running solid
Dudeist Skydiver # 10

Care to wait 10 years and tell me how that works out?
Ever notice how few OLD Jap vehicles there are on the roads????

When you need a REAL truck, notice those boys still buy American? There are no HD import pickups.

Are you honestly trying to argue that Toyotas aren't durable or are less durable than their GM/Ford/Chrysler counterparts? My co-worker two offices down from mine is currently selling his 1992 4-Runner with a bit over 300,000 miles on it (and still with the original engine). My best friend's Camry has a little over 250,000 miles on it. My mom's last 4-Runner had 185,000 miles on it and had only shit a fuel pump in those miles, till she traded it in on a new 4-Runner. My new Tundra (double cab 4WD limited) only has about 28,000 miles on it, but it replaced a 1st generation Tundra that I put 130,000 miles on without anything going wrong other than the antenna coming loose. That first Tundra replaced a 4-runner that I put about 85,000 miles on that did get an engine rebuild...on Toyota's dime due to a headgasket recall on a first model year engine. Both of my Tundra's were made in America. By contrast I drive "American" (aka Canadian/Mexican) trucks at work all the time, and their durability/reliability and general suckiness in fit/finish are the primary reasons I've had a Toyota truck in my driveway for the last 12ish years.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I can't buy an HD framed Toyota to really use as a truck. No Jap brand makes a true HD truck as I stated earlier. I'm not familiar with the 4-runner being a truck...nor the Camry.
Sure the "suburbian" definition of a truck, yes, true world use by towing something of weight, mounting a dump bed capable of 20,000 lbs, etc...ain't happening.

I've had a number of (ok 5 actually) American trucks go over 300,000 miles with no issues. People need to learn what maintenance is.

Now they'll REALLY be in trouble.

Multiply that by half of the American's that don't support the bailout, plus the fact that they were already in trouble...:|

I had not thought of the irony before that some good sized chunk of Americans probably will refuse to purchase their product purely because of the bailout, whilst our government continues shovelling our tax dolars towards them.

It's almost like the government is telling us we had better buy their product, because they are going to shovel our tax money at them until we do.

I can see the fat cats at GM reclining in their mahagony lined boardrooms with a big smile on their faces saying "You can pay me now, or you can pay me later, but your government is going to make sure you pay me one way or another."

We are witnessing some of the ugly characteristics of capitalism.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

They did have a choice - allow the companies to go bankrupt and capitalism to take its course.

The Canadian taxpayer just got screwed.

:(

Capitalism taking its course led to the mess we are in. It also led to Madoff's scheme. And Enron. And Tyco. And Worldcom...

If you are going to lay the few messes at the feet of capitalism, then you also have to give it credit for the tremendous growth and standard of living increase seen in the last couple hundred years.

Every system has it's advantages and disadvantages. We're witnessing one of the occassional bubbles that are bound to happen when capital rules.

Bottom line is that most of the mess can be blamed on human greed.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley