JohnRich

Obama's Christian Faith

He's only a hyprocrite if he ever said anything about the relative importance of attending a church or a gym on a Sunday morning.

How about his own statements about being a devout Christian, or the ads from his campaign, referenced above?

Nope, I don't think those statements say anything about the relative importance of attending a church or a gym on a Sunday morning. Please show me if I'm wrong.

I guess he's not as "devout" or "committed" a Christian as he claims, now is he?

Only if he ever claimed that he would never go to the gym on a Sunday morning. Again, show me where he said that.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

>How about his own statements about being a devout Christian, or the ads
>from his campaign, referenced above?

How about it? I know a great many very devout Christians - Catholics, Lutherans, Baptists - who do not go to church every Sunday. Have you ever missed a Sunday?

You sure can getem riled up John:D

Well, it's so easy. All you gotta do is bring a heinous murderer to justice, save an innocent unborn baby, pray in public, or carry a gun for lawful self defense, and the liberals go all sorts of ballistic!

LOL :D:D

ouch:o:P:D:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

How about his own statements about being a devout Christian, or the ads from his campaign, referenced above?

Uh where is it written that a devout christian needs to be in a church on a sunday morning to be a devout christian...

I see a whole lot of "devout Christians" who use Sunday morning as a fashion show... do their "devout Christian" duty and put something in the offerings plate....listen to a few hymns by the choir... say a few rote prayers.... then leave with the appropriate homilies to the pastor/priest..... then go home and begin to fuck over people as they always do until the next sunday morning.

and if he did go to church where would he go. Well, we can look at where he used to:
http://abcnews.go.com/blotter/story?id=4443788
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=59230
Remember Obama said this man was his spiritual mentor.

Oh look. A broken record.

Right, like the hypocrisy of excoriating a man his religious convictions because he regularly went to church for 20 years, and then complaining about his lack of religious conviction when he skips church for two (three) Sundays. If you don't see that hypocrisy, then I can't help you.

Thank you for stating that so succinctly.

We gotta give these Obamer supporters some practice here at explaining away their man's (can't use the word "boy" anymore) hypocrisy and failings. Starting about a month from now, there will be a lot of work in that area to do, for a full four years. So it's best they get used to it and get warmed up now. ;)

Then they are not "Devout" They are lying about their religious commitment. So if you're saying that Barry is as devout as they are, are you saying that Obama is lying about his commitment?

Hey, how about you take it from someone that studied theology for 8 years and was going to be a priest?

The building does not make your faith. Regimented weekly practice of the sacraments was put into place to evangelize the population. Much like the kosher practice, there are things in the Christian faith that do not fit into the current context of our society. The Church, of course, will tell you otherwise because they are scared of becoming irrelevant. They used the fear of burning in eternal hellfire if you skip a week. Because of this they were able to build a massive worldwide religion that most consider to be the baseline for their ethics and morals.

Weekly services are just a practice to give structure to the faith. Something intangible often needs that. However it doesn't mean God will spurn you or that you no longer are devout just because you are practicing on a more personal level.

Bottom line: Drop this bullshit. It's dumb and insulting. Faith is a very personal thing and you cannot define what others hold in their heart because it suits your vain political needs.

Well, it's so easy. All you gotta do is bring a heinous murderer to justice

You bring this shit up over and over again, and when people reply to you with the same point each time, you ignore them and refuse to comment on it. Several examples have been given of innocent people convicted of "heinous murder." What is your opinion on that? When is the execution of an innocent man ever an acceptable form of collateral damage? I have not seen you answer that question, you just repeatedly go on and on about how murderers need to die. I don't think anybody disagrees too strongly with that one. The major point of contention is that the government makes fucking mistakes, i.e. is not infallible in its criminal convictions. And I still haven't seen you address this issue.

Please keep the discussion of the death penalty in the appropriate thread topic, elsewhere, in order to avoid thread drift.

When you get there, answer this question: Are you opposed to the death penalty in cases where guilt is absolutely positively known for sure?

When you get there, answer this question: Are you opposed to the death penalty in cases where guilt is absolutely positively known for sure?

Without a doubt, yes. And I am a better person for having that belief. Nothing you say or present will say otherwise. And yes, this comes from someone that had a relative murdered.

There is a reason we didn’t like bush... (The man was a cokehead)...

Um, I hate to break it to you, but Obamer admitted in his book that he used crack cocaine when he was younger.

So you should be careful about throwing that around as a negative.

You see, with the new Obamer regime, being a cokehead is a now a positive thing in a man's life, because it shows that he can start out a cokehead, and go on to rise to fame and fortune! Three cheers for cokeheads! So you see, being a cokehead doesn't matter any more.

If it was a bad thing for Bush, then it's a bad thing for Obamer. Or are you playing the liberal double-standard game again?

There is a reason we didn’t like bush... (The man was a cokehead)...

Um, I hate to break it to you, but Obamer admitted in his book that he used crack cocaine when he was younger.

So you should be careful about throwing that around as a negative.

You see, with the new Obamer regime, being a coke head is a now a positive thing in a man's life, because it shows that he can start out a coke head, and go on to rise to fame and fortune! Three cheers for coke heads!

Funny how you spun how Bush was a recovering addict all these years and how that is a virtue.

Give me a second, I need to hold on to the wall here from how quick you are spinning this.

One difference here, we know what Obama did and he was mature enough to mention in his book. He didn't give the bullshit line of "I did not inhale" and he didn't tried to hide his addiction or DUIs by using his Dad's political connections. I don't see any Obama supporters acting as an apologist for his actions.

I guess seeing that level of maturity can be a bit shocking. It's ok, we'll give you four years to get used to it.

I do not presume to judge their devoutness.... last I heard.. that was GOD's place to judge.

But you did judge-by supporting the claims of devoutness.
Coming from about as middle of the road as it gets, I have to observe that conservatives argue point-a lot of the time, wrong points, but points. Liberals argue semantics.
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

Yes I am opposed to even killing the worst of the worst... bury them in solitary confinement cells for life... and I do mean life... let them out of their cell when they are at room temerature and stinking up the place.

Build the cell so that they never have to interact with people again...so they can never harm anyone .. even the guards.

Without a doubt, yes. And I am a better person for having that belief. Nothing you say or present will say otherwise. And yes, this comes from someone that had a relative murdered.

Okay, so you can't follow instructions or forum protocol for keeping subjects on-topic in the appropriate place.

Great, so we'll now fragment this thread into two different things.

So what you're saying is that you are opposed to the death penalty itself, for anyone, for any reason. And that means then that all this talk about opposing it because of the possibility of executing someone innocent is just a BS excuse because they don't want to have to defend their real position.

The building does not make your faith.

Then why did he make such a big deal during the campaign about going to church regularly for 20 years?

The media did. He didn't. Obama was forced to respond to the conservative nation making a non-point into an issue. Just like this thread.

Then why did he make such a big deal during the campaign about going to church regularly for 20 years?

Because people like you kept saying he was a secret Muslim. Talk about damned if you do, damned if you don't.

And thanks for completely missing my point above. It shows that you are not debating, just reciting.

- Dan G

Okay, so you can't follow instructions or forum protocol for keeping subjects on-topic in the appropriate place.

Great, so we'll now fragment this thread into two different things.

Get off your high horse John. I was responding to your post.

And no, I didn't say that. I have a true Christian belief background: Thall shall not kill. It's how I was raised and it's what I still hold true. Innocent or guilty, doesn't matter.

I do find it ironic that this has come up in a thread about faith.

But you did judge-by supporting the claims of devoutness.
Coming from about as middle of the road as it gets, I have to observe that conservatives argue point-a lot of the time, wrong points, but points. Liberals argue semantics.

Ah but therin lies yet the biggest problem.... I did not judge them for their hypocrisy....I note it.. but they have the choice to CHOOSE how they live their lives.... and I will let GOD do the whole judgement thing later... I do not intrude into their lives because of some dogma. If I choose to go to church.. fine .. so be it... if I choose to wonder at the world as it is created or other wise.. in the church of the sky on the 9 am load....or the church of the vastness of the ocean from the deck of my sailboat.. that is my choice, and I do not presume to foist my ways upon others

Because people like you kept saying he was a secret Muslim. Talk about damned if you do, damned if you don't.

BUT HIS NAME RHYMES WITH OSAMA!!!!!!! HOW CAN HE NOT BE??? HOW IS THAT NOT ENOUGH PROOF??!!!1111

Funny how you spun how Bush was a recovering addict all these years and how that is a virtue.

Nope, just giving an example of how you liberals have double standards: when a repub does it it's a bad thing, but when a Dem does it, it doesn't matter.

Obama... didn't give the bullshit line of "I did not inhale"... and he didn't tried to hide his addiction... I don't see any Obama supporters acting as an apologist for his actions.

You're getting mixed up again. That was Bill Clinton that used that line. And I thought that the liberal position was that Clinton's pot-smoking wasn't important. So what you're saying really matters is that Bush didn't admit it, and that's wrong. So I guess then that Clinton was wrong too when he lied about his usage by claiming he "didn't inhale".

Or are we back to the double standard again?
- Clinton did it, and that was okay.
- Clinton lied about it, and that was okay.
- Bush did it, and that was bad.
- Bush lied about it, and that was bad.
- Obama did it, and that was okay.
- Obama admitted he did it, and that was okay.

Can you see how we get confused trying to figure out just where you liberals actually stand on an issue? You keep jumping around all over the place with your judgments. If something is wrong, it's wrong no matter who does it - it's not dependent upon with which political party they are affiliated.

The building does not make your faith.

The media did. He didn't. Obama was forced to respond to the conservative nation making a non-point into an issue. Just like this thread.

He issued press releases to the media about his religious faith and his church attendance. The media printed what Obamer gave them. That's not the media inventing something out of thin air.