JohnRich

Yet more good reasons for the death penalty.

And it never ceases to amaze me at how lib's will fight for a heartless murderer rapist alive but will know blink an eye at someone who goes and gives an unborn baby the shop-vac treatment.

+1

save the murderer but kill the unborn baby that's the liberal way

So then become a low-life asshole.

And get better than what you have.

If you really have that little, you can't go DOWN the social ladder, in my opinion.

Better than you have? Better what? If you hate your life, man, change it.

I paid to send you to school, and you STILL can't complete a grammatically correct sentence. Maybe I wasted MY money, too?

if i understand this correctly, give the murderer free room and board, 3 meals a day, full dental and medical, free education, cable tv, free legal services, ect ect ect instead of giving those things to a good hard working citizen that is just a little short of having what they need to survive. did I get that right?

It appeared to me, that you were stating that a criminal has MORE than you.

A) You specifically stated "murderer". A murderer isn't getting out of prison, you're not IN prison. A murderer is probably not even going to take advantage of those billed costs, because he's probably too busy getting fucked in the ass.

However, you win. If he ain't gettin' out, don't fund his education.

B) The ones that are in there for other crimes, AKA, "Scooter Libby", Bush's guy, same deal. Help the Pres do bad things, get fucked in the ass. Take away his cable, and assign a "Bubba" to him, as well (You remember ol' Scooter, right??? I'm sure you do.) Don't EVER let him have a job again, so he can further rip us off, and take away our civil liberties by illegally wiretapping our homes. That's a crime, too. Welfare for his bitch-ass. (But you'll pay for that, as well, but you'd obviously rather he have a job. I'd rather we pay him $600.00 a month NOT to fuck with our privacy.)

C) The rest of the ones that MAY have a chance? Give them that chance, otherwise, they will be robbing your trailer again.

And D:) You sound like a democrat:

giving those things to a good hard working citizen that is just a little short of having what they need to survive

You just don't know it yet..... But yet, you probably voted Republican.

did I get that right?

Some of it. You just need a little more taxpayer-funded education, to hold an "informed" opinion.
"Get these balls!"

It appeared to me, that you were stating that a criminal has MORE than you.

A) You specifically stated "murderer". A murderer isn't getting out of prison, you're not IN prison. A murderer is probably not even going to take advantage of those billed costs, because he's probably too busy getting fucked in the ass.

However, you win. If he ain't gettin' out, don't fund his education.

B) The ones that are in there for other crimes, AKA, "Scooter Libby", Bush's guy, same deal. Help the Pres do bad things, get fucked in the ass. Take away his cable, and assign a "Bubba" to him, as well (You remember ol' Scooter, right??? I'm sure you do.) Don't EVER let him have a job again, so he can further rip us off, and take away our civil liberties by illegally wiretapping our homes. That's a crime, too. Welfare for his bitch-ass. (But you'll pay for that, as well, but you'd obviously rather he have a job. I'd rather we pay him $600.00 a month NOT to fuck with our privacy.)

C) The rest of the ones that MAY have a chance? Give them that chance, otherwise, they will be robbing your trailer again.

And D:) You sound like a democrat:

giving those things to a good hard working citizen that is just a little short of having what they need to survive

You just don't know it yet..... But yet, you probably voted Republican.

did I get that right?

Some of it. You just need a little more taxpayer-funded education, to hold an "informed" opinion.

no hard working people don't get aid only the lazy welfare sucking asshats and criminals. as soon as you work hard you get cut off of aid. and no i don't believe in welfare but if i have to pay it to someone i would want it to be someone that deserves it not someone that is in jail for a violent crime or is sitting at home eating themselves into a size 100.

I also believe that everyone should pay tax, even the ones that make less than 20k a year(at a lower percentage but still something). people apreciate things more when they earn and contribute.

and the murderer and other violent offenders, i don't know if you have been out from under a rock lately, but alot of them are getting out of jail.

>save the murderer but kill the unborn baby that's the liberal way

Save the two week old fetus but kill the 18 year old soldier, that's the conservative way.

hey you should be thanking those soldiers and their families for being able to express you views and thoughts. also remember dems and reps have both taken us to war so don't think you side is any prettier.

If you really have that little, you can't go DOWN the social ladder, in my opinion.

I paid to send you to school, and you STILL can't complete a grammatically correct sentence. Maybe I wasted MY money, too?

who said i am complaining about my life? i'm complaining about paying for lowlifes getting a free ride through life at my expense.

who said i am complaining about my life? i'm complaining about paying for lowlifes getting a free ride through life at my expense.

Just so we have an idea of the scope of this problem outside of the southwestern suburbs of Chicago where you apparently support a bunch of local worthless asshats, just how many of them are there nationwide, and how much of the 2008 federal budget goes to support lazy worthless lowlifes? (Compared to, say, supporting a worthless war started under false pretenses).

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

and the murderer and other violent offenders, i don't know if you have been out from under a rock lately, but alot of them are getting out of jail.

Indeed, it really sucks that the US criminal justice system manages to convict so many innocent people who then rely on volunteer help to get them freed because the state has no interest in seeing justice done.

hey you should be thanking those soldiers and their families for being able to express you views and thoughts. also remember dems and reps have both taken us to war so don't think you side is any prettier.

I was a soldier, dude.

<-------- Park next to Sarah, waaaaaaaaaaay over THERE, and help her keep an eye on those "pesky" Russians. And Canada. And Wasilla.

We'll wory about things at home.
"Get these balls!"

>hey you should be thanking those soldiers and their families for being able
>to express you views and thoughts.

And you should thank doctors, engineers and scientists that you are able to do the same here.

>also remember dems and reps have both taken us to war so don't think you
>side is any prettier.

It's funny how the GOP and the current administration took credit for the war back when it was going great. Now that it hasn't turned out so well, it has become "well, the democrats wanted it too." As the last election indicated, though, not many people are buying the excuses any more.

Yet, consider these people:

Jeffrey Mark Deskovic, 33, spent nearly half his life in a New York prison for a rape and murder he did not commit. DNA testing cleared Deskovic and he was released Sep. 20 from prison.

"I was supposed to finish out my education…begin a career," Deskovic, choking up, told reporters when leaving the court room. "Marry, have a family, spend some time with my family…share the last years of my grandmother's life with her." Deskovic was 17 years old when he was ordered to spend his life in prison.

In 2004, Ryan Matthew, convicted for the murder of a local convenience store owner in Louisiana, escaped the death penalty after prosecutors dropped all charges on the basis of DNA testing results.

There are other stories of executions conducted too fast, trials completed too quickly and mistakes too easily made. And yet, the state-sanctioned killings continue. Now, DNA testing is helping to prove that innocent people continue to be killed or placed on death row. It proves that the U.S. judicial system is flawed; it sends innocent people to jail and, worse, puts them to death.

Northwestern University School of Law's Centre on Wrongful Convictions (CWC) documented at least 38 executions carried out in the United States in spite of compelling evidence of innocence or serious doubt about guilt since capital punishment was restored in the mid-1970s. According to this study, while innocence has not been proven in any specific case, there is no reasonable doubt that some of the executed prisoners were innocent.

Moreover, the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) has documented 123 death-row inmates who, since 1973, have been exonerated and freed before their executions.

Officially, courts do not consider claims of innocence after a person has been executed. In the past, people attempting to prove innocence had to do so by re-examining the evidence and re-interviewing witnesses and investigators, with no finality granted them. In the last 20 years, however, they have had a new tool: DNA testing.

While DNA testing was still viewed with suspicion by prosecutors in the 1980s, nowadays its implementation and accessibility has shown it essential in many trials. As it has become more accepted, it has provided an absolute that previously was not available.

"DNA has introduced dramatic changes in the whole criminal justice system. Now capital executions are viewed in a more sceptical light thanks to this testing," Richard Dieter, executive director of the Death Penalty Information Centre (DPIC), told IPS.

Except in the case of identical twins, the structure of a person's DNA is unique. About 10 per cent of DNA contains chromosomes. The rest of it is "non-coding" DNA, partly made up of identical sequences. Experts analyse "repeat units" to compile a person's genetic profile, which takes the form of a series of figures and becomes essential for investigations.

"Recently, with DNA death-row exonerations, those who may support the death penalty in principle have questioned its legitimacy given the risk that we may have executed -- we may execute -- an innocent person.," Sarah Tofte, researcher for the U.S. Program at Human right Watch, told IPS.

This has led some prosecutors, law enforcement officials, conservative politicians and others to support moratoriums on the death penalty, if not outright abolition. The staff of the CWC pioneered the investigation and litigation of wrongful convictions, relying a great deal on DNA testing. Their work proving the innocence of 11 men sitting on death row in the U.S. state of Illinois was a driving force behind former Governor George H. Ryan's decision to suspend executions in Illinois in January, 2001.

The Innocence Project, which worked to free Deskovic, only handles cases where post-conviction DNA tests can yield conclusive proof of innocence. To date, it has helped exonerate 184 people, proving that wrongful convictions are not rare.

DNA tests point up the underlying need to reform of the criminal justice system, including a halt to the death penalty, human rights experts said.

"In my opinion, the recent exonerations of both death-row inmates and other prisoners represent just the tip of the iceberg of the failures of our criminal justice system. There is an intolerably high risk that many, many prisoners currently incarcerated are in fact innocent, including many death-row inmates," John Holdridge, director of the Capital Punishment Project for the ACLU, told IPS.

Until the late 1990s, DNA testing was seldom used due to the high cost, which ran into thousands of dollars. Recently, with the improvement of new technologies, the price has dropped to about 1,000 dollars, a small amount compared to the average cost of a trial. Texas, for instance, with over 300 people on death row, spends an estimated 2.3 million dollars per case, according to the DPIC.

"Now almost everybody can afford the cost of a DNA test. It should be freely and automatically available to every death-row inmate and every person charged with a crime. Furthermore, it should be freely available to every prisoner with a substantial claim of innocence," Holdridge said.

DNA tests played a substantial role in establishing prisoners' innocence in at least 14 cases of the 123 exonerations since 1973, according to the DPIC.

Nonetheless, the scope of DNA is limited to the few individual cases in which biological evidence is available. For every DNA exoneration, there are countless cases where testing cannot help because no DNA was left on the scene or the evidence had been lost or destroyed.

"DNA testing is a very good tool to prove the innocence of inmates, but unfortunately it does not mean the end of erroneous capital executions," Holdridge said.

But it does point up the weaknesses in the U.S. justice system: Innocent people still are being put to death by the government.

"Hopefully people worldwide will continue to be concerned and indignant about the capital punishment issue. What is essential for succeeding is that people recognise it as a major diminishing of human values," Dieter said.

>save the murderer but kill the unborn baby that's the liberal way

Save the two week old fetus but kill the 18 year old soldier, that's the conservative way.

Bullcrap - the soldier volunteered for his job. Show me where/how that fetus volunteered to have it's brains sucked out mid-delivery?

Funny how, in order to be pro-choice, you have to survive birth to begin with...
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

And you should thank doctors, engineers and scientists that you are able to do the same here.

>side is any prettier.

It's funny how the GOP and the current administration took credit for the war back when it was going great. Now that it hasn't turned out so well, it has become "well, the democrats wanted it too." As the last election indicated, though, not many people are buying the excuses any more.

i have alaways said that both sides voted for it and i have always thaught and still do think that the iraq war will show to be a good thing and i would rather have the fighting there than hear

Just so we have an idea of the scope of this problem outside of the southwestern suburbs of Chicago where you apparently support a bunch of local worthless asshats, just how many of them are there nationwide, and how much of the 2008 federal budget goes to support lazy worthless lowlifes? (Compared to, say, supporting a worthless war started under false pretenses).

'

who cares how much of the federal budget goes to the worthless, the question should be " does any money from the federal budget go to these worhtless lowlifes?" John what does the amount of money wasted have anything to do with it? is there a magical percentage or number of dollars you need to go over before it becomes a stupid waste of money?

who cares how much of the federal budget goes to the worthless, the question should be " does any money from the federal budget go to these worhtless lowlifes?" John what does the amount of money wasted have anything to do with it? is there a magical percentage or number of dollars you need to go over before it becomes a stupid waste of mone

Well lets see..

Oh yeah...

The deficit was 5 trillion dollars in 2001.. it is now over 10 trillion....

How much of that has gone to the WORTHMORE friends of this BUSHwacker Administration.. rather than the worthless bums

Interesting how so many around here deride welfare but corporate welfare and war profiteering ....they celebrate with glee:S:S

>side is any prettier.

i have alaways said that both sides voted for it and i have always thaught and still do think that the iraq war will show to be a good thing and i would rather have the fighting there than hear

I think the money would have been far better spent on education; reading, writing, etc.

'

who cares how much of the federal budget goes to the worthless, the question should be " does any money from the federal budget go to these worhtless lowlifes?" John what does the amount of money wasted have anything to do with it? is there a magical percentage or number of dollars you need to go over before it becomes a stupid waste of money?

Well, there are costs ($$$ and social) associated with solving any problem, so in order to know if it's cost effective to fix this (alleged) problem, we first need to know
(a) if it's real or imagined, and
(b) if it's real, how much it's costing us, and
(c) how does it compare with other problems, such as CORPORATE WELFARE, in the order of priorities.

Interesting how so many around here deride welfare but corporate welfare and war profiteering ....they celebrate with glee:S:S

Like Boeing, the top recipient of no-bid contracts in Iraq, perhaps?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Gold star for you.:)

BUT this same website also has a listing for one Tandall Smith, explaining that he was released from Death Row, and eventually from prison. The reason for his release ? All this official website will say is,"Conviction reversed".

My one correction: the guy's name is Randall Adams.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

BUT this same website also has a listing for one Tandall Smith, explaining that he was released from Death Row, and eventually from prison. The reason for his release ? All this official website will say is,"Conviction reversed".

My one correction: the guy's name is Randall Adams.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gold star for you.

Mikee likes to bring that one up as a personal jab at me.. since I used to work for Boeing. He seems to think that is the bast tactic to deflect his support for the largese that he has benefited from.

He knows perfectly well that most of what Boeing gets as a defese contractor was based on winning design competitions and becoming the sole supplier for weapons systems based on WINNING the contract based on their design and performance in the competition.

He does not separate that from no bid contracts like those that Halliburton and Blackwater and thier ilk recieved based soley on who liked them in this current administration...nor the why of what that "like" stemed from:S:S